IMPERIAL PROCLAMATION: Msg (no 2) to the Florian People

A proud, young powerful nation which aims for supreme democracy. Sports mad and inspired by western and Japanese culture. ABSTAIN!

Moderator: sick39ed

Kaiser Ayreon IV
AHS (Ayreonist Horror Story)

IMPERIAL PROCLAMATION: Msg (no 2) to the Florian People

Post by Kaiser Ayreon IV »

IMPERIAL PROCLAMATION:
A SECOND MESSAGE TO THE PEOPLE OF THE FLORIAN REPUBLIC

My dear People in the Florian Republic!

I stand by what I said in my first message to you all. When you signed the Treaty with Shireroth, I became your kaiser. I am your kaiser. You chose me. And because of that, I have to love you, I have to think of you, and I have to cherish you, and I have to pray for you. That is my job, my duty, and it is my greatest happiness to do all this. So let no one say that I don’t care about you. I am your kaiser. You are my children. That is the way it is. I will always fight for you, as I fight for all my people. Until death, I am loyal.

The latest actions are not good. Bad feelings have come between Shireroth and Floria. I don’t like that. You don’t like that. The Shirerithians don’t like that.

How did we get here?

It seems to me that people are confused and scared. I understand that. Life is hard. People are scared for their futures, their jobs, their homes, and most of all, for their families. When we’re scared we make bad decisions. That’s okay. We can understand that.

But the problem is that very bad decisions have been made. Maybe it wasn’t the best idea for Floria to sign that protection treaty with Shireroth. And it’s okay to think that. That’s why your government sent a letter to my government, saying, “we want to leave this treaty”.

That’s fine. My government and I were very sad to hear this. It broke my heart. I had all kinds of bad feelings. I cried. But in the end, I do love you, and I am your kaiser, and the law – the treaty between Shireroth and Floria – is easy. If you want to leave, you can leave. That’s okay. But the law – the treaty – was that we have to wait a while for everything to get ready for the leaving. I am sure you understand. You are an intelligent people. It takes time to prepare, to make new laws for everything that needs to be done before Floria is on its own. People have to move back to where they came from. This takes times.

But that means that when we have this period of time – the transition as the Shirerithian government calls it – both Shireroth and Floria have to follow the treaty. The transition is to prepare, it is not to make everything happen right now. We have to be okay with that. Sure, Shireroth has made some mistakes. Floria has made some too. And that’s okay. We are human, we misunderstand each other. Sometimes we don’t trust each other. That’s also okay. But the law is there for a reason – and we have to follow it. Even when it’s hard and it hurts.

Because it hurts me to see you go. I could try and stop it. I am the kaiser. I can do that. But even though my whole heart and my entire soul wants Floria to be with me, if Floria doesn’t want that, I have to follow the law. I have to set you free. It hurts and it hurts and it hurts, but it’s okay. I respect you guys and I respect the law. So you will be free, when the law says so.

And that is soon. You don’t need to rush it.

But it seems that your government wants to rush it. That’s okay, too. The treaty had something about that. If both Shireroth and Floria agree on what to do in the transition quicker, then it’s okay, the treaty can end early. But that means both Shireroth and Floria have to give and take. It makes sense, doesn’t it? It’s all about that, you know.

So please, my dear people in the Florian Republic. I won’t be your kaiser for long, but right now I am, and because of that, I really want to ask you to calm down a bit, sit down and talk with Shireroth’s government. Because we all want a happy end to this.

It already hurts so much. If we’re just nicer to each other, it will hurt less, for everyone.

But when you finally leave, I will cry. I will cry so much. Because I love you. And I hope that I can always come visit you, and that you will welcome me then, once you are free again.

But until then, please, let’s make everything nice. We can be friends. Let’s have your government and my government talk nicely about this. Everything can be true and beautiful. There can be a happy ending to this. Just reach out for the hug that is offered you.

My love for you all, always.

Ayreon IV Qaisar

Ayreon IV
Former Kaiser of Shireroth (now dead)
RIC

sick39ed
#abstain

Re: IMPERIAL PROCLAMATION: Msg (no 2) to the Florian People

Post by sick39ed »

We will now not rush the end of the treaty. However, you must accept defeat with us to Jingdao.
"My name's Jeff"

Zibertian Kind
"Passio-no-de-Corum"

Post by Zibertian Kind »

It seems that Shireroth broke the terms of their treaty when they destroyed a Florian aircraft carrier. Given that Shireroth doesn't recognize that the Florian Republic can withdraw from the agreement right away, then the agreement was still in effect when Shireroth attacked the Florian Republic. Therefore Shireroth have violated at least one article of their treaty. If Shireroth are willing to violate one article, what keeps them from violating any or all of the other articles? Why should the Florian Republic continue to honor a treaty which Shireroth has disregarded by attacking the Florian Republic? Shireroth have committed an act of war against the Florians, and now you want them to honor your treaty?

sick39ed
#abstain

Post by sick39ed »

Zibertian Kind wrote:It seems that Shireroth broke the terms of their treaty when they destroyed a Florian aircraft carrier. Given that Shireroth doesn't recognize that the Florian Republic can withdraw from the agreement right away, then the agreement was still in effect when Shireroth attacked the Florian Republic. Therefore Shireroth have violated at least one article of their treaty. If Shireroth are willing to violate one article, what keeps them from violating any or all of the other articles? Why should the Florian Republic continue to honor a treaty which Shireroth has disregarded by attacking the Florian Republic? Shireroth have committed an act of war against the Florians, and now you want them to honor your treaty?
Thank you for your comments. I totally forgot about this. We demand that the treaty is withdrawn immediately without any negotiation.
"My name's Jeff"

Juana Beazcoetxea

Post by Juana Beazcoetxea »

Madam President

I hope this letter finds you well. I have read your response to the Kaiser's wise and imperial proclamation.

I was saddened to see that your disrespect to our kind and loving kaiser knows no limits. I hope you are ashamed of yourself. He has approached you in the spirit of loving kindness, peace and humility, and this is how you speak to him? He has given nothing but his fervent love for your people. I demand that you send him a letter of apology. The poor kaiser's heart is being broken ever more. Do you want that on your conscience? Without an apology in the form of a letter to the kaiser, there will be no deal whatsoever.

I shall now address the rumours that Shireroth have deliberately destroyed a Florian aircraft carrier. These rumours are absolutely wrong. They are hurtful, damaging, and evil. They threaten the very independence and freedom of the Florian nation.

First of all, the Shirerithian military has not under any circumstances deliberately targetted Florian interests. The wellbeing of the Florian Republic is the wellbeing of Shireroth. Together, our countries are tightly bound by the Treaty that creates upon us a symbiotic interdependent relationship. Hurting Floria would only hurt Shireroth.

Secondly, these evil rumours are spread by the enemies of the Florian Republic. They do so in the effort of destabilising the Florian Republic, enabling thus the Republic to be so fragile that the enemies could at any time invade the broken territory of Floria. It is astonishing that the Florian government believes in these awful conspiracy theories.

Thirdly, the Shirerithian kaiser and government have been nothing but cooperative in its dealings with the Florian Republic. Since your election, Madam President, your actions have injured this relationship. You have nurtured an environment where conspiracy theories flourish, where paranoia is nourished, and where the people of the Republic, to the invader, perish.

This is all on your conscience. Now act before all hope is lost.

We can make a deal – but it is up to you what actions you are willing to make. Shireroth has offered and given so much already. Surely some kind of compensation, a gratitude, would not be unthinkable?

Render therefore unto Kaiser the things which are Kaiser's; and unto the Florian Nation the things that are Florian Nation's.

I have the honour to be, Madam President, your obedient servant.

Death spare the Kaiser!

Juana Beazcoetxea
High Commissioner to the Florian Republic
Juana Beazcoetxea, Lady Dragonmoor
Lady of Kinnladehügel–Gakkotsuzuka
Imperial Minister of the Exterior, Shireroth

Zibertian Kind
"Passio-no-de-Corum"

Post by Zibertian Kind »

sick39ed wrote:Thank you for your comments. I totally forgot about this. We demand that the treaty is withdrawn immediately without any negotiation.
Glad to be of service. What it boils down to, at this point, is that one of two possibilities is true.

1. The treaty was not in effect when Shireroth attacked. Shireroth had recognized the right of the Florian Republic to unilaterally dissolve the alliance without notice.

or

2. The treaty was in effect when Shireroth attacked. Shireroth had not recognized the right of the Florian Republic to unilaterally dissolve the alliance without notice.

If the former is true then there Shireroth attacked a nation with whom they had no formal relations. If the latter is true then they violated an existing treaty which they themselves had pursued, and therefore rendered the treaty moot. In this case, then Shireroth have demonstrated before the whole world that they hold no true regard for foreign affairs, and that they will attack and betray any nation, regardless of existing treaties and alliances. This should serve as the basis for concern for all of Shireroth's allies, especially for those who now consider waging a war on Shireroth's behalf.

sick39ed
#abstain

Post by sick39ed »

Either way, it is violence against us. Which will not be tolerated.
"My name's Jeff"

sick39ed
#abstain

Post by sick39ed »

Juana Beazcoetxea wrote:Madam President

I hope this letter finds you well. I have read your response to the Kaiser's wise and imperial proclamation.

I was saddened to see that your disrespect to our kind and loving kaiser knows no limits. I hope you are ashamed of yourself. He has approached you in the spirit of loving kindness, peace and humility, and this is how you speak to him? He has given nothing but his fervent love for your people. I demand that you send him a letter of apology. The poor kaiser's heart is being broken ever more. Do you want that on your conscience? Without an apology in the form of a letter to the kaiser, there will be no deal whatsoever.

I shall now address the rumours that Shireroth have deliberately destroyed a Florian aircraft carrier. These rumours are absolutely wrong. They are hurtful, damaging, and evil. They threaten the very independence and freedom of the Florian nation.

First of all, the Shirerithian military has not under any circumstances deliberately targetted Florian interests. The wellbeing of the Florian Republic is the wellbeing of Shireroth. Together, our countries are tightly bound by the Treaty that creates upon us a symbiotic interdependent relationship. Hurting Floria would only hurt Shireroth.

Secondly, these evil rumours are spread by the enemies of the Florian Republic. They do so in the effort of destabilising the Florian Republic, enabling thus the Republic to be so fragile that the enemies could at any time invade the broken territory of Floria. It is astonishing that the Florian government believes in these awful conspiracy theories.

Thirdly, the Shirerithian kaiser and government have been nothing but cooperative in its dealings with the Florian Republic. Since your election, Madam President, your actions have injured this relationship. You have nurtured an environment where conspiracy theories flourish, where paranoia is nourished, and where the people of the Republic, to the invader, perish.

This is all on your conscience. Now act before all hope is lost.

We can make a deal – but it is up to you what actions you are willing to make. Shireroth has offered and given so much already. Surely some kind of compensation, a gratitude, would not be unthinkable?

Render therefore unto Kaiser the things which are Kaiser's; and unto the Florian Nation the things that are Florian Nation's.

I have the honour to be, Madam President, your obedient servant.

Death spare the Kaiser!

Juana Beazcoetxea
High Commissioner to the Florian Republic
http://hub.mn/forum/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=8770. This really a conspiracy theory? How dare does Shireroth damage the property of the Florian Republic.
"My name's Jeff"

Continuator
"The devil in the details"

Post by Continuator »

If the former is true then there Shireroth attacked a nation with whom they had no formal relations. If the latter is true then they violated an existing treaty which they themselves had pursued, and therefore rendered the treaty moot. In this case, then Shireroth have demonstrated before the whole world that they hold no true regard for foreign affairs, and that they will attack and betray any nation, regardless of existing treaties and alliances. This should serve as the basis for concern for all of Shireroth's allies, especially for those who now consider waging a war on Shireroth's behalf.
You forget the third option, that this is a reminder of what happens to those who betray their treaty obligations towards us. The strike against the Florian Navy, and all other military action against the seditious President and her Parliament, is entirely appropriate and lawful in accordance with Imperial Decree 987.

The High Commissioner is instructed to commit suicide within forty-eight hours for misrepresenting the position of the Imperial Government. (rescinded)

Edit: I'd also note that, compared with how Jingdao handles rebellions, you chaps are getting off lightly.
Last edited by Continuator on Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sick39ed
#abstain

Post by sick39ed »

I will take that as good news for the Florian Republic.
"My name's Jeff"

sick39ed
#abstain

Post by sick39ed »

Actually, we will execute him through a slow, painful and grossly unhumanitarian death.
"My name's Jeff"

Continuator

Post by Continuator »

You are in no position to attack the high commission. I'd be rather more concerned about defending the Presidential Palace to be honest.

sick39ed
#abstain

Post by sick39ed »

Time to switch sides then.
"My name's Jeff"

Continuator

Post by Continuator »

From our perspective, you already have.

sick39ed
#abstain

Post by sick39ed »

Very well. May the combined forces of Floria and the Empire of Jingdao crush you.
"My name's Jeff"

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Post by Jonas »

sick39ed wrote:Very well. May the combined forces of Floria and the Empire of Jingdao crush you.
Or at least slightly annoy you!
Important characters:
Frederik Alfons des Vinandy-Paravel, King of Batavia
Joseph Bartholomeus des Vinandy-Windsor, Prince-Regent of Batavia
Jin San, Diwang of Jingdao, Duke of Kildare

Return to “Confederate States of Floria”