[2534] SPP Newswire (Event Thread)

The Safirian Empire — A vast and ancient star empire, controlled by a race of four-armed, azure-skinned, matriarchal psions, that has recently extended its reach into the Atos system. A land of dragons, naga, and angels; of ancient tradition and futurstic technology; of spacecraft and psionic powers; of ways and pastimes both alien and familiar; of gods, kings, and men. If this is in your wheelhouse, board the nearest spaceship and become part of a great tapestry stretching back over four million years.
Alex Martyn

[2534] SPP Newswire (Event Thread)

Post by Alex Martyn »

Earlier today, the prepolls were announced and the SPP recieved the following results in a question asking “Do you approve of the Safirian People's Party leaders, Alex Martyn and Tàrmasai Valora?”

Yes 38%
No 26%
No opinion 36%

In the same prepoll, the SPP recieved 19 percent in the polls, meaning that they would pick up 73 seats in the House of Assembly, while their Left compatriots the Liberal Party would pick up 84 seats with 22 percent of the vote.

Alex Martyn, SPP leader had the following to say; "These prepoll figures show not just a change coming for the government, but more seats and thus, more equality and freedom for the people of Safiria. I am happy with these pre-polls, but that does not mean I will settle down, in fact, I will step up my campaign to try and reach for a Left majority coalition."
"
Played by James Knight.

Alex Martyn

Re: [2534] SPP Newswire (Event Thread)

Post by Alex Martyn »

Alex Martyn appeared at a local hospital in Aňira to push his ideas for healthcare.

After visiting a few recovering patients, Alex had the following to say; "I believe that we need more doctors, and more hospital beds and clinics. I am willing to better the Liberal Party's promise of 75% more clinics and promise 100% more, in other words, a doubling. In accordance, I will also increase the funding of medical schools to achieve the creation of more doctors and nurses. In addition, i promise that we will increase funding to ambulance transport in order to allow for faster and safer ambulances for the people in dire need of medical attention."
Played by James Knight.

Alex Martyn

Post by Alex Martyn »

Alex Martyn appeared at a local high school in Aňira to push his ideas for education.

After visiting a few classes and faculty rooms, he had the following to say; "I am of the belief that education is our most potent tool for increasing the knowledge and the ability of our youth. As such, I will support making higher education free for high-achieving students, as well as support for student living costs. Both of these will apply to students with a GPA of above 3.25, however, if the parliament is unwilling, we will settle for the Liberal Party's target of 3.5 GPA. Also important is STEM and the liberal arts. I will be increasing funds to them, of course. I believe increasing funding by around 40 percent over the next 12 years should be a realistic target."
Played by James Knight.

Alex Martyn

Post by Alex Martyn »

Alex Martyn appeared at a local sports stadium in Aňira to puch for more funding to sports.

Alex, after taking a tour of the facilities had the following to say: "I am alarmed at the fact that Safiria seemingly lacks an organized sports league of any kind, or if it does, I've never seen or heard of it. If elected, I will make sure a professional league gets founded for each of the major sports, or if already founded, the leagues gain more funding for advertising and youth recruitment. Sports are very good for your health, and such, should be encouraged activities for children to gain fitness, leadership and teamwork qualities."
Played by James Knight.

Alex Martyn

Post by Alex Martyn »

Alex Martyn has made many policies which were not completely outlined in his manifesto and many wonder why he did not go into detail over every policy.

Today, Alex has spoken of the manifesto's lacklustre appearance and was quoted as saying "I was in a rush to write it, and I had every intention of fleshing it out, unfortunately, I was unable to due to time constraints and a bout of the common cold. I am somewhat regretting this decision, but at the same time, I believe it works well, as we did not go into every detail about our positions, and let them slowly gain shape through speeches at events. This has worked well so far, as we have the basic outlines done, but we do need to work more on this for future campaigns and especially for being in government."
Played by James Knight.

Return to “Safiria”