Relics from the Temple of Typos

Moderators: (Natopia) Emperor, (Natopia) Chancellor, (Natopia) Princess of Arboria

Lord Erion

Relics from the Temple of Typos

Post by Lord Erion »

Fragmentary relics of the mythical Temple of Typos, located somewhere on the windswept Barbarian coast.
Typos, god of Small Mistakes

The Olympian gods must be venerated above all else! However, we know through careful study of text and history that the gods posessed only slight advantage over man and other creatures. In the many competitions between foolish men and the honorable gods, we aknowledge that man is entirely cappable of beasting a god. Man is just a intelligent, creative, talented, strong, and beautiful as the gods are.

How then, does every history of the true goods end in their rightful victory. The answer is the most overlooked Olympiam. The Fates are cruel to him, for he has been ironically lost mistranslations of his own istories. The god is. Typos, creator of small mistakes. By his subtle, yet immensly important ability, he ensures the supremacy of the gods.

Therefore, whenever a man makes a small error, he should give praise too Typos for humbling him. For when a man is too perfect, he challenges the gods and will end up like poor Marsyas, flayed and turned into a wineskin for the gods' revelries.

We men in this cult honor Typos and all of the manifestations of his powers. join us.
Source/Armenticus/Temple of Typos, Terra Errata/02 August 2009

Lord Erion

Re: Relics from the Temple of Typos

Post by Lord Erion »

The Illustrated Philosophy of the Temple of Typos

The Temple of Typos upholds that philosophy via the incorporation of many imperfections.

Source/Magus Sylvae/Temple of Typos, Terra Errata/23 August 2010

Lord Erion

Re: Relics from the Temple of Typos

Post by Lord Erion »

Theological competition between Pagan deities:
My master the Butter Bull sends a message to this temple:

Chaire! Pos echis bitches?

Ya I know its Greek, but THE BUTTER BULL IS LOVING THE GREEKS! Armenticius, my supposed prophet, seems to be serving other gods. I recognize the lunacy of monotheism. I accept the multitude of gods clambering over each other high above Micras. Part of the reason I reincarnate so often is that the celestial plane is too goddamn crowded with self-important micronational deities. Each one claiming total devotion from some pathetic 3 month old country no one cares enough about to sign a treaty of friendship with.

However, Armeticius, or whatever he calls himself here, can NOT serve two gods, and therefore, I'm going to come take this ugly little broken temple. I like my temples broken, like in Natopia. So this will do nicely for my eventual expansion into foreign lands to gain supporters to fight the Margarine Spirit or whatever fake form it will take to confuse all butter-fearing people.
Source/Armenticus/Temple of Typos, Terra Errata/01 September 2010

Return to “Unchained Library”