The Imperium That Never Was

Moderator: [Jingdao] Guanchang

Orion
Full of shi... err.. stars!

The Imperium That Never Was

Post by Orion »

In 2004 there began an underground plot between the Apollo Foundation and several large nations of the period. At the time the Foundation still controlled the physical territory of the dead nations that it guarded, particularly Audentior. The Menelmacari civil war had ended and the Yellowist side had died away. The other side, the OAM, remained but was dying a slow death. Slobovia controlled an immense swath of Northern Apollonia, and Treesia controlled vast territories across Micras, including Northwest Apollonia. Shireroth was still strong and few could oppose its power. Thus an underground plot was hatched to form a great empire, restoring the Crown of Apollo, and forming the Imperium of Apollonia. The leaders of the Foundation (me), Treesia, Menelmacar, and Slobovia met in secret and agreed to unite as a single empire with Apollo City as its epicenter. In order to avoid exposing the overt plot the union was to happen in stages. Apollonia would be restored and then unite with Menelmacar and Treesia. Then it would join with Slobovia. Yet disagreements and infighting amongst the various national leaders led to the plan never reaching fruition. The plot died away without ever being made public knowledge (until now).

Flag Stage 1 - Restored Imperium:

Flag Stage 2 - Union with Treesia/Menelmacar:

Flag Stage 3 - Union with Slobovia:

Reference Map:
Micras Map version 6.6.6., MCS, 2004

Trajan Myksos
Lord of the Fries

Re: The Imperium That Never Was

Post by Trajan Myksos »

Slobovia? A nation which - for once - doesn't ring any bells in my mind.
Trajan Myksos
Mil of the VIIth Legion
Dant of the National Protection Army

Stellus Yastreb
Looney Tune

Post by Stellus Yastreb »

Gods, somebody pinch me. I can't believe all that was a decade ago. I think I was in Baracão at the time.

Treesia-Menelmacar might have had some mileage, although both nations were pretty derelict by then. It would have been fun to see this Imperium jostle with the Grand Commonwealth and the Comintern =p
Stellus Ryabinevich Dolorvenuk Yastreb
- Count of Lunaris in the Duchy of Goldshire
Head of the House of Yastreb, honoured throughout history as follows: Member of the Order of the Dragon, recipent of the Silver Swan Award (Imperial) recipent of the Order of the Silver Orchid (Elwynn) Knight Comrade of the Order of Mischievous Intent (Yardistan) Arx-Piscator of the Piscatores Alexandrii (Brookshire) Knight of the Nishan-i-Liaqat (Babkha), Paranoid Narcissist (everywhere)

Orion

Post by Orion »

This is what essentially precipitated the formation of the Grand Commonwealth.

Harvey
Ghost of Christmas Past

Post by Harvey »

Ahh, the golden age when mergers actually happened often enough so that plotting new ones was worthwhile. Odd that I never heard of this though since I was very active on the OAM side of the Menelmacar civil war.
Stellus Yastreb wrote:Treesia-Menelmacar might have had some mileage
You'd have thought so with them having semisimilar themes, but there was a surprisingly amount of friction there. I think the wrong people were on both sides of that divide for any meaningful union to have taken place.

Trajan Myksos
Lord of the Fries

Post by Trajan Myksos »

Harvey wrote: You'd have thought so with them having semisimilar themes, but there was a surprisingly amount of friction there. I think the wrong people were on both sides of that divide for any meaningful union to have taken place.
Summarised: something similar as what happened in Shireroth.
Trajan Myksos
Mil of the VIIth Legion
Dant of the National Protection Army

Orion

Post by Orion »

Harvey wrote:Ahh, the golden age when mergers actually happened often enough so that plotting new ones was worthwhile. Odd that I never heard of this though since I was very active on the OAM side of the Menelmacar civil war.
This was later, during the Kathryn-Mari Greenwood domination, so I don't remember if you were around for that or not.

Return to “Fourth Academy of Pentapolis”