Audience with the Grandsire of Aryasht

Moderator: [Jingdao] Guanchang

Trajan Myksos
Lord of the Fries

Audience with the Grandsire of Aryasht

Post by Trajan Myksos »

"May the non-existing Gods bless Aryasht, Gransire Aryaneth and Princess Yimmah," mumbled Trajan to himself when he read the latest decree of the Princess of Aryasht. "Fondling their women! Drinking their goat milk! Our brethren seem unwillingly to go down without a fight... I wouldn't expect less from Apollonians!"

The Caudillo smiled to the people who stood around his desk. This eyesore, Shirerithian soldiers occupying its former ally, would finally end.

"Time for negotiations," he once again mumbled to no-one in particular. "I wonder how long it will take before we can welcome their diplomats."

Suddenly a cough came from one of his secretaries.

"Err... sir..."

"Yes, Lucas?" Trajan asked.

"Their diplomats are standing in front of you..."

"Oh..."
Trajan Myksos
Mil of the VIIth Legion
Dant of the National Protection Army

Aryeztur

Re: Audience with the Grandsire of Aryasht

Post by Aryeztur »

Greetings, peace be upon you, brother.
The Great King, King of Kings, King of the World

Aryeztur

Post by Aryeztur »

Shall we not found together a great eastern Empire?

Trajan Myksos
Lord of the Fries

Post by Trajan Myksos »

*Ignoring the etiquette at the Apollonian Court, Trajan stepped away from his desk and surprised the Grandsire by embracing him.*

Friend! Welcome home! Let us discuss the future of Aryasht with a glass of Antyan wine and good goat milk from your home country!
Trajan Myksos
Mil of the VIIth Legion

Trajan Myksos
Lord of the Fries

Post by Trajan Myksos »

Aryeztur wrote:Shall we not found together a great eastern Empire?
Yes, yes! We will! I first considered that Aryasht could become a republic under 'guidance' of the A.R.S.E. but perhaps it's better to instate is as a province with special autonomy. That way we can strengthen the bounds and help each other develop through war and peace times, my friend.
Trajan Myksos
Mil of the VIIth Legion

Aryeztur

Post by Aryeztur »

Embracing Trajan back, the Grandsire spoke:

Yes, let up drink wine and milk, and also tea. I foresee the next few hours will be interesting.

I was thinking rather that we would be equal partners in this venture, perhaps a sort of Aryo-Kildarian Empire (think Austria-Hungary) or an Apollonian Confederation.

Trajan Myksos
Lord of the Fries

Post by Trajan Myksos »

Interesting, interesting. But dear friend, be careful with referring to us as an empire... at the moment, most of the people here believe that we're a republic with republican values. Of course, you and I know that ruling millions of peasants needs a bit more than that... no stability without a firm grip on the population, huh!

The Apollonian Confederation, huh? Doesn't sound bad... but something tells me that it could be that such a name was used before in history?

(I like the name Aryo-Kildarian Empire, by the way, but as we have more cultures within our borders, it's perhaps better to refer to an Apollonian Confederation. Perhaps keep it around as nickname in more royalist areas?)
Trajan Myksos
Mil of the VIIth Legion

Trajan Myksos
Lord of the Fries

Post by Trajan Myksos »

OOC: To clarify, I don't mind a confederation and guarantees of autonomy, secession, etc. but the confederation would be dominated by the A.R.S.E. (this because of activity reasons): the use its military, the customs service, the caudillo as head of the confederation, etc.
This doesn't mean that the people of Aryasht have nothing to say. To the contrary (there would be military branches with personnel from Aryasht, a joint diplomatic corps, etc.).
Trajan Myksos
Mil of the VIIth Legion

Aryeztur

Post by Aryeztur »

Your words sound fair and reasonable.

Trajan Myksos
Lord of the Fries

Post by Trajan Myksos »

Excellent. I will order my clerks to write a constitution and I will then present it to you and other representatives: the Riverorians, the Gong people (if they want, otherwise another kind of association is still possible) and the Tymarians (I would like to create a separated 'republic' for most of our isles, which could be ruled by a council of Kildari and Aryashi but wouldn't be part of both).
Trajan Myksos
Mil of the VIIth Legion

Raz
The Mikado, as played on catgut strings

Post by Raz »

The Gong Federation wishes to enter into a military alliance with the Apollonian Confederation, but does not wish to become part of the confederation itself.

Aryeztur

Post by Aryeztur »

I think it would be good for Norfolk and the Dyre Islands if they became their own separate republics.

So what I'm thinking we agree with and both have in mind is a confederation with numerous republics, the largest of which will be ARSE and Aryasht. I think all republics should have an equal amount of autonomy is what would be a federal structure. Not too much, not too little.

Aryeztur

Post by Aryeztur »

So subdivisions:

Confederation>Republics (or States)>Provinces | Protectorates

Trajan Myksos
Lord of the Fries

Post by Trajan Myksos »

I'm glad we agree on that.

And yes, all republics (I know Aryasht isn't technically a republic, but let us just use the term for now) would have some equal kind of autonomy. Of course, some republics will have de jure the same status but will be de facto not much more than autonomous regions of other republics (I'm thinking about Norfolk/Tymaria, which will be influenced by the two largest republics of the Confederation).
The biggest 'inequality' will be the more prestigious position of the Caudillo as head of state of the confederation and certain services which will be dominated mostly by Kildari.

Important is that we don't drown in rules, so I propose to keep it simple: we pretend to use the Seanad to represent all republics (the republics are divided in districts, with each a district having a representative). If I'm not mistaking, this should give us around 200 Senators (first I have to draw a new map...). Those representatives will be elected (like in the Gong Federation this is totally fictional). In reality I propose that if matters come up that really need legislation, we can talk about it in the Seanad (but with each of us having one vote).
As secession is a basic right, I expect that we will act like gentlemen (and if we can't stop arguing, the Confederation will come to an end: we left Shireroth to stop the bickering, so it would be weird if we want to stay bickering amongst ourselves).
Trajan Myksos
Mil of the VIIth Legion

Trajan Myksos
Lord of the Fries

Post by Trajan Myksos »

Aryeztur wrote:So subdivisions:

Confederation>Republics (or States)>Provinces | Protectorates
Yep.

I assume that those protectorates are protectorates of the republics and not the Confederation? Because in case of the latter one, I wouldn't know who would effectively control it.
Trajan Myksos
Mil of the VIIth Legion

Aryeztur

Post by Aryeztur »

Sounds like revolutionary France.

Aryeztur

Post by Aryeztur »

But I'll agree. Though perhaps we can rename the Seanad to something a bit less ethnic...

I thought we would have a central government. Won't they deal with the protectorates of the Confederation as a whole?

Trajan Myksos
Lord of the Fries

Post by Trajan Myksos »

Aryeztur wrote:But I'll agree. Though perhaps we can rename the Seanad to something a bit less ethnic...
Well, I don't mind. I simply took 'Seanad' because that's the current assembly of the A.R.S.E. (but without any authority), with military representatives for each district.

We could call it something else. I really don't mind.

I thought we would have a central government. Won't they deal with the protectorates of the Confederation as a whole?
Err, sorry for the misunderstanding. What I meant to say was that at the moment each republic can hold a protectorate without the confederation meddling directly in its affairs. This, of course, doesn't mean that the Confederation can't have any protectorates.
Trajan Myksos
Mil of the VIIth Legion

Aryeztur

Post by Aryeztur »

I am inclined to disagree. The Republics won't have command over foreign affairs, right? So under what good authority could they hold protectorates? All protectorates ought to be centrally managed.

Trajan Myksos
Lord of the Fries

Post by Trajan Myksos »

Aryeztur wrote:I am inclined to disagree. The Republics won't have command over foreign affairs, right? So under what good authority could they hold protectorates? All protectorates ought to be centrally managed.
Hmm, you are right... I was automatically assuming that Republics could split some of their territory and make it into protectorates, but that wouldn't make much sense... =p
Trajan Myksos
Mil of the VIIth Legion

Return to “National Museum”