Shires

Moderator: [Jingdao] Guanchang

Flavius Myksos

Shires

Post by Flavius Myksos »

Kildare changed since its annexation by Kaiser Gaelen I. Where there were independent states in the era of the Apollo Sector, there came Baronies, Thanedoms and Counties in its place. Kildare has, however, always lacked a deeper development of the Counties. For that reason I humbly ask my fellow Kildari to think about - and perhaps even draw themselves a sketch - subdivisions for the Counties.
I was thinking about calling the subdivisions 'Shires' (I believe Brookshire/Musica calls them like that too? Then we have something in common with our western brethren :wink: ), but other ideas are also welcome.

I will draw the official map and I have asked Shyriath if I can use his Gloria Mundi-map as the basis for that map.
In the future, we should have a detailed map with not only our borders (County and Shire) but also with larger towns, cities, the road network (at least the larger roads) and the train network). With the centralisation of administration in Apollo City, I assume that the number of Imperial Roads (decent roads, built with investments from the Kildarian administration) will increase.
Dutch of the Dutchy of Kildare.
Dominator of the Eastern Empire by the Grace of Cato and the Kaiser.

Ryabin Merkayastreb

Re: Shires

Post by Ryabin Merkayastreb »

I always had the Kildari Counties down as so wackily divergent (on account of their past as the Apollo States) that if they were to be further subdivided, it would be likely that each County had its own unique methods and names for internal structuring. One County could be made of Shires, the next one of Wards, another one of Bailiwicks, etc etc.

Of course it would be fiendishly complicated and impenetrable, but that would be the point ;)
Ryabin Merkayastreb
- Son of Krasniy, Father of Stellus
- From 5222-5461 ASC, Duke of Goldshire
- From 5323-5416 ASC, Kaiser Mo'll I

Flavius Myksos

Post by Flavius Myksos »

Ryabin Merkayastreb wrote:I always had the Kildari Counties down as so wackily divergent (on account of their past as the Apollo States) that if they were to be further subdivided, it would be likely that each County had its own unique methods and names for internal structuring. One County could be made of Shires, the next one of Wards, another one of Bailiwicks, etc etc.

Of course it would be fiendishly complicated and impenetrable, but that would be the point ;)
Hehe. Yeah, that's true. But it seems to me that with more recent developments and centralisation attempts from the Dutchal government, a general term for lower subdivisions would not be bad. :wink:
Perhaps I should call them Pagi (Pagus) for Dutchal legislation, with the Counts having the right to call them as they like in their own territory, of course. :)

Cabbage

Post by Cabbage »

Your Majesty, the people of Te Gong Li wish to inform you that they call the communities on their island muchangs, which means farms.

Flavius Myksos

Post by Flavius Myksos »

Cabbage wrote:Your Majesty, the people of Te Gong Li wish to inform you that they call the communities on their island muchangs, which means farms.
I wonder what kind of farms... :twisted:

Cabbage

Post by Cabbage »

Vegetables and blue meat, milord.

Return to “National Museum”