[Herut] Gambetta for Mayor Victory Party

Leon Gambetta

[Herut] Gambetta for Mayor Victory Party

Post by Leon Gambetta »

The Plaza Hotel in downtown Herut, where the Gambetta campaign is celebrating its victory party.

GAMBETTA FOR MAYOR
Leon Gambetta
2nd President of the Free State of Arasha
Formerly from Ashkenatza, part of the Central Committee of Edgards.

Leon Gambetta

Re: [Herut] Gambetta for Mayor Victory Party

Post by Leon Gambetta »

After the television news broadcasts called the race for Gambetta, the atmosphere in the crowd went from nail-biting to cheering "GAMBETTA! GAMBETTA!". The Mayor-elect stepped up to the podium at 11:00 pm, a full four hours after the polls had closed, to address his supporters on the eve of his victory.
The people of Herut have spoken! Thank you Herut! (cheers and applause)

This campaign has been a rough campaign. We made our case to the people of this city, and we knocked on every door in every neighborhood, made all the calls we could, planted lawn signs... and it got us here. This victory would be hollow and worthless without the work and support of all of you, and without the support of the great people of this city. This is no ordinary task that is laid before us, and now begins the task of governance, of uniting the city, and building a better future.

I called my opponent... (boos and jeers from the audience erupt, eventually drown out with chants of "Gambetta!") now, please... no need to boo. I called my opponent earlier, and we spoke about the need for real change for Herut. Between us there are many differences, yes, but between us there is a deep desire for prosperity and progress for our city. For fighting a spirited campaign, I thank Councilman Yarema Friedman.

Let is be clear to all that the Gambetta administration will advocate unity, and despite the difference that separate us, we will seek consensus and govern with the consent of the people. There is no need for divisive rhetoric. There is no need for agitation and smear campaigns. Let us move forward, united in the resolve that we have a city and a country to build.

This victory would be nothing without the love and support of my family, thank you for your support. And without our volunteers and staff... I would simply be in my house, twiddling my thumbs. You inspired me to get up and fight for out city.

Thank you, thank you all - and God bless our country and our city. Long live Arasha!
Leon Gambetta

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

A telegram from Y'adya arrives:
Mr. Mayor

Please allow me to congratulate you on your victory STOP we are delighted with your call for unity and progress STOP wish you all the best in this demanding and difficult task ahead.

Shalom aleechem,

Y'aakov
1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North
3. Ludovic Verion, Lord of Blackstone and Governor-General of the Iron Company
4. Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, super sleuth

Leon Gambetta

Post by Leon Gambetta »

Telegram in reply:
Mr. President -

It is an honor to receive your telegram, thank you for your wishes STOP Please inform me if I can be of any assistance in the edification of our new country STOP From Herut, we wish you only the best STOP.

Aleechem shalom,

Leon
Leon Gambetta

Return to “Arasha”