[Frenzyville] Rollin' in to Town

An expansive union ruled by the House of Eadric.

Moderators: (Natopia) Emperor, (Natopia) Chancellor, (Natopia) MSU Princely Family

Luix Rakira

[Frenzyville] Rollin' in to Town

Post by Luix Rakira »

There were very few towns in Thalassa. In fact, the towns that were on the map were hardly towns in reality. No settlements were connected to the transportation network yet, so Luix could only get as far as Port Mills before he had to get creative. Port Mills had already sensed its new position as a gateway to the west and several businesses catered to new settlers. Luix decided to buy a horse and some food and began the week-long trek to the nearest "town" of Frenzyville.

====

What Luix saw in Frenzyville almost made him turn right back around. There was a post office and one other building. Surrounding the "town" was a ring of about 50 tents. A few tents had a black military flag fluttering from them. The residents of the tent city were already out to see who this stranger was.

"Who the fuck are you!"

"My name is ... Loo."

"Well Loo, you must be in some kinda trouble for you to show up here. We don't ask questions if you don't. That's the rules around here... not many others, so you best know how to take care of yourself."

Luix swallowed hard, what had he expected here? "I can, thanks. Mind if i ask what you all do here? Why bother live in this shit-hole, regardless if you're running from something."

"Loo you gotta think ahead. We all ain't no common criminals. We all are smart people, just fallen on hard times, like you i'm sure. Your face says you seen some shit and been dealt the wrong cards. No sir, we're here waiting for the railroads to come in. They got to, no way in margarine they'd NOT connect the west coast to the Bay, and this here spot is the connection for all of Klaasiya and sororiya and that new Universalis place. This is a gold mind of opportunity. Aw damn, we shoulda just called the town Opportunity... that's a good name for a town out here."

"Yes yes... naturally this is the perfect spot for a railroad connection... Do you all own this land then?"

"no Loo, its still owned by the gummint, but they gots to sell it off. but not after the railroad comes through. We'll earn the money from building the tracks and building the towns. Then we buy the land! We'll be town founders! They'll name streets after us!"

"They sure will friend, they sure will."

Luix felt some excitement, "Any news about when the railroads were coming in?"

"You might just have your first bought of luck, Loo... they're setting up their headquarters here next week!"

"Next week! Well gee... my luck really may be turning around...." and for the first time since Luix led the rebellion all those years ago he finally felt like he belonged somewhere.
Lûix Rakira

Nathan

Return to “Most Serene Union of Dos Gardenias”