On an Upper House

Archives of debates in Parliament.
Ri Mhor
Sea Elf, Sea Elf Run

On an Upper House

Post by Ri Mhor »

I proposeth we amendeth the Constitution to create an Upper House. Please debateth.

Ri Mhor
Sea Elf, Sea Elf Run

Re: On an Upper House

Post by Ri Mhor »

I seeketh to put the following forward for debate.
AN AMENDMENT TO THE CONSTITUTION

Whereas, the Brettish Isles would like to have an Upper House of Parliament;

Therefore, the following language in the Constitution shall be amended thus
to add a Part IV, Section 10 to read

"10. Lords Guardian of Parliament. There shall be up to three persons who shall be Lords Guardian of Parliament, who shall be drawn from the members of the nobility of the Realm (including the lords of the shires), and who shall serve as a Special Committee of Parliament, with its own Chairperson, rules, and procedures. The Lords Guardian shall have the power to override any action of the regular Parliament. Lords Guardian shall serve until retirement, incapacitation, or death. When there is a vacancy for a Lord Guardian, the sitting Speaker shall have the power to appoint a replacement from among the members of the nobility of the Realm."

BE THESE THINGS resolved on this the day of the passage of this AMENDMENT to our CONSTITUTION.
Please noteth that I have changed the name of the house from "Upper House" to "Lords Guardian of Parliament", reduced the number of members to 3, and madeth it a committee of parliament.

Ri Mhor
Sea Elf, Sea Elf Run

Re: On an Upper House

Post by Ri Mhor »

This amendment doth be tabled.

Return to “The Library”