New Laws

A Bailiwick within the Ceremonial County of Cimmeria.

Moderator: (Shireroth) Queen in the North

Kaiser Trantor IV

Re: New Laws

Post by Kaiser Trantor IV »

Dr al-Osman, perhaps magick/psionics/&etc could be licensed similarly to ranged weapons?
Trantor IV (Spencer Jackson)
Kaiser of Shireroth
Played by Carl

Grod Malakan

Post by Grod Malakan »

Grod Malakan wrote:It is a criminal act to:
1. Be unemployed for over three days without applying for voluntary labor
2. Disobey the law
3. Fail to comply with the governing body
4. Act against the governing body
5. Possess anything which may be considered a ranged weapon
6. Use magic
7. Leave Tundrok without government approval
8. Possess more than one item not of life's necessities
9. Lie to any authority figure
10. Torture a single victim for over six hours
11. Enforce these limitations on an officer of higher rank
12. Claim superiority purely for being a spiritual leader
13. Eat yourself or others
14. Plead guilty or not-guilty in court without the unanimous consent of the Liberty Council.
15. Wear unauthorized accessories/jewelry
16. Roam outside of one’s own property from 10:00pm to 7:00am without a permit
17. Reside outside of one’s assigned life-unit
18. Dispose of waste improperly
19. Use recreational drugs without a permit
20. Offer sexual services for payment
21. Speak more than one language
22. Invent or improve devices without direct authorization from the Mechanic
23. Kill without a permit
24. Publicly display affection towards anything save the laws which maintain order
25. Possess any harmful disease
26. Speak to one’s superior without direct authorization by the officer
27. Breed without a permit
28. Abstain from military training during one’s 2nd decade (the “teens”)
29. Withhold information of something which has the capacity to notably affect the greater-good
30. Deface a superior’s property

Any violations will result in immediate incarceration, relocation, or assignment to voluntary labor and temporary stripping of citizenship. All high government officials are granted immunity unless said privilege is revoked by a superior authority figure.
There we are.
Lord Grod Malakan,
Grand-Earl of Cimmeria,
High Governor of Tundrok,
Senator of Elwynn

Ryabin Merkayastreb

Post by Ryabin Merkayastreb »

Grod Malakan wrote: 10. Torture a single victim for over six hours
13. Eat yourself or others
17. Reside outside of one’s assigned life-unit
24. Publicly display affection towards anything save the laws which maintain order
I am siezed by the insatiable temptation to come to Tundrok, purely to break the above rules =p
Ryabin Merkayastreb
- Son of Krasniy, Father of Stellus
- From 5222-5461 ASC, Duke of Goldshire
- From 5323-5416 ASC, Kaiser Mo'll I

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

Once you go in, you may not come out.
Not to mention that you would also be violating rule #2 an infinite amount of times.
Ryker00X
Ryker of the Sovereign Confederation
Head of House Redquill

Kaiser Trantor IV

Yeah no.
Kaiser of Shireroth
Played by Carl

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

Kaiser Trantor IV wrote:Yeah no.
To Ryabin or Grod?
Ryker00X
Head of House Redquill

Kaiser Trantor IV

Grod.
Kaiser of Shireroth
Played by Carl

Vilhelm Benkern

Post by Vilhelm Benkern »

21. Speak more than one language
Is there a specified language that must be spoken? This has interesting implications if not. People could (as they probably do, across Elwynn and the rest of Shireroth) have the capacity to understand many languages, but simply could not speak more than one.
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon
Dirigent of Musica, Count of Mar Sara
In Aryasht Prapta Vrteti, former Prince of Aryasht; Zaila Vrteti, Norfolknath
In Elwynn Benjamin Sebasokrator Timothy Quentin Kern, Duke of Raikoth
In Khalypsil Representative of the Wisdom

Kaiser Trantor IV

No comprendo, Señor Bencern.
Kaiser of Shireroth
Played by Carl

Vilhelm Benkern

Post by Vilhelm Benkern »

I'm drawing a distinction between comprehending and verbalising a language. Interpreting (in person, anyway) would be an illegal profession. But perhaps you could speak one language and write in another.
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon
Dirigent of Musica, Count of Mar Sara
In Aryasht Prapta Vrteti, former Prince of Aryasht; Zaila Vrteti, Norfolknath
In Elwynn Benjamin Sebasokrator Timothy Quentin Kern, Duke of Raikoth
In Khalypsil Representative of the Wisdom

Lyssansa Rossheim

Post by Lyssansa Rossheim »

11. Enforce these limitations on an officer of higher rank
This places an interesting spin upon the Duke of Goldshire's remark. While it is quite true that the Duke has no jurisdiction within Tundrok, Tundrok is part of Elwynn and Elwynn part of Shireroth...so it could be claimed that the head of another Imperial State counts as an "officer of higher rank". At the very least, the question would keep the various courts and possibly the Arbiter occupied for some time...
Lyssansa
Queen of Minarboria
Queen of Lichbrook, Duchess of Brookshire

Princess and Lichgravine of Lywind, Baroness of Solecism

Ryabin Merkayastreb

It's my understanding that any rank I might enjoy in Elwynn is at the pure and exclusive discretion of the Elwynnese government. I'm just glad they no longer ask for a pint of my blood every time I cross the border...

(speaking of which, is that rule still on the books?)
Ryabin Merkayastreb

Tokaray al-Osman

Post by Tokaray al-Osman »

Ryabin Merkayastreb wrote:It's my understanding that any rank I might enjoy in Elwynn is at the pure and exclusive discretion of the Elwynnese government. I'm just glad they no longer ask for a pint of my blood every time I cross the border...

(speaking of which, is that rule still on the books?)
Your understanding is as enlightened as it is correct.

As for the Blood Tithe, it has not formally been repealed but [IoG_1605/V]2(3)c.i ("Refusal to pay the blood tithe may result in refusal of entry to the State of Elwynn.") is seldom honoured except in its neglect these days, since being rendered 'rather unsporting' by the ratification of the Treaty of Kingsgate. That not withstanding, donations are still accepted on a purely voluntary basis.

Talking of the Treaty, Article IV.II ("Each Party shall provide maximum co-operation to the other in securing the common territorial border between the Parties, and in observing and enforcing such rules of transit and immigration as apply to both sides of that border.") suggests that we should agree some mutually compatable protocols for traversing the border/quarantine zone - perhaps with designated crossing points and cash amnesty boxes. It would at least allow for currency smugglers to be dealt with on a more systematic basis.
His Imperial Magnificence Aurangzeb II Steffki, Kaiser of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth, Thane of the Shirelands, Keeper of the Apollo Legacy, Wielder of the Sword of Vengeance, Grand Master of the Orders of the Dragon, Griffin, Phoenix, and Chimera, Sovereign of the Golden Mango Throne.
Dr Tokaray al-Osman KBH, Commissioner of the Chamber of the Crypteia, Emir of Jadid Khaz Modan, Annexer of Yardistan

Ryabin Merkayastreb

Tokaray al-Osman wrote:Talking of the Treaty, Article IV.II ("Each Party shall provide maximum co-operation to the other in securing the common territorial border between the Parties, and in observing and enforcing such rules of transit and immigration as apply to both sides of that border.") suggests that we should agree some mutually compatable protocols for traversing the border/quarantine zone - perhaps with designated crossing points and cash amnesty boxes. It would at least allow for currency smugglers to be dealt with on a more systematic basis.
The various drafts of the Elwynn-Suthergold trade agreement that have landed on my desk lately seem to be making steps in that direction. When these ongoing efforts of Warden Jasonides and Count Ryker finally bear fruit, we'll have something of a foundation to work on.
Ryabin Merkayastreb

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

Very close now.
Ryker00X
Head of House Redquill

Tokaray al-Osman

Ryabin Merkayastreb wrote:
Tokaray al-Osman wrote:Talking of the Treaty, Article IV.II ("Each Party shall provide maximum co-operation to the other in securing the common territorial border between the Parties, and in observing and enforcing such rules of transit and immigration as apply to both sides of that border.") suggests that we should agree some mutually compatable protocols for traversing the border/quarantine zone - perhaps with designated crossing points and cash amnesty boxes. It would at least allow for currency smugglers to be dealt with on a more systematic basis.
The various drafts of the Elwynn-Suthergold trade agreement that have landed on my desk lately seem to be making steps in that direction. When these ongoing efforts of Warden Jasonides and Count Ryker finally bear fruit, we'll have something of a foundation to work on.
I would be grateful if you could forward me a draft - it would save me the hassle of executing the Warden for withholding information.
His Imperial Magnificence Aurangzeb II Steffki, Kaiser of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth, Thane of the Shirelands, Keeper of the Apollo Legacy, Wielder of the Sword of Vengeance, Grand Master of the Orders of the Dragon, Griffin, Phoenix, and Chimera, Sovereign of the Golden Mango Throne.
Dr Tokaray al-Osman KBH, Commissioner of the Chamber of the Crypteia, Emir of Jadid Khaz Modan, Annexer of Yardistan

Kaiser Trantor IV

And me the hassle of issuing an Imperial Smackdown.
Kaiser of Shireroth
Played by Carl

Tokaray al-Osman

Kaiser Trantor IV wrote:And me the hassle of issuing an Imperial Smackdown.
You'd have no scope for intrusion in internal state affairs.

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

That honor would gp to the Minister of the Exterior, with whom I initiated the negotiations to begin with.
Ryker00X
Head of House Redquill

Ryabin Merkayastreb

The Imperial government has absolutely no jurisdiction over diplomatic relations between Imperial States. The Charter clearly limits the Kaiser's power to "the direction of the foreign policy of the Imperial Republic". This is not the same thing as "the direction of all internal diplomatic relations within the Imperial Republic". If His Niftiness wishes to contest this, I'll see him at the Judex.

Moreover His Niftiness needs to stop this incessant trend of throwing around power he doesn't have, which isn't fooling anybody and only serves to further make him a figure of ridicule and degrade the name of his Imperial Office. Gods... I can't wait for the next Kaiser.

Anyway,
Tokaray al-Osman wrote:I would be grateful if you could forward me a draft - it would save me the hassle of executing the Warden for withholding information.
Provided with pleasure.
Ryabin Merkayastreb

Return to “Tundrok”