Brettish-Batavian Negotiations

Moderator: [Jingdao] Guanchang

Thomas Rivers

Brettish-Batavian Negotiations

Post by Thomas Rivers »

Seeing as Jonas seems to be indisposed at the moment and that we are eager to continue these negotiations, I am continuing this process here rather than via PM, as we were doing before. In this way Trydan may wish to express his opinion on these matters as well. It will also save me time in going back and forth trying to keep the Brettish people informed as to what's been happening.

So, a brief recap. This is the treaty I proposed to Jonas:
Treaty of Whitehall

His Highness the Lord Protector of the Brettish Isles and The Honorable Raadsfunctionaris of Batavia, sharing the desire of securing a complete, lasting and honest friendship between them and their Governments, have decided to negotiate a compact of friendship and cooperation, who, meeting at Whitehall Manor, agreed to the following articles of peace between their respective Governments:

Article I: Friendship

A state of complete, lasting and honest friendship shall prevail between the Brettish Isles and the Kingdom of Batavia, and between the inhabitants, nationals and citizens of the respective High Contracting Parties without discrimination.

Article II: Recognition

The Brettish Isles agrees to recognize the Kingdom of Batavia (Trydan Dynasty) as the only legitimate Batavian government, comprising all lands and titles designated as Batavian. The Kingdom of Batavia agrees to recognize the independence and sovereignty of the Brettish Isles and the legitimacy of the Lords Protectorate government.

Article III: Cooperation

The High Contracting Parties, having a shared heritage, do hereby agree to cooperate in matters cultural, economic, and political, as befits the circumstances. No restrictions shall be placed on the free movement of civilian people and goods between both parties.

Article IV: Defense

4.1. The High Contracting Parties do hereby agree to cooperate in the areas of defense and state security.

4.2. A Joint Command will be established wherein both parties will contribute a force of ten thousand soldiers to a joint Peacekeeping Force that will assist in state security.

4.3. The Kingdom of Batavia shall assume a five-hundred-year lease, for 1 SCUE pound, on the island of Watson, in order to establish a defense base.

4.4. The Brettish Isles shall assume a one-hundred-year lease, for 1 SCUE pound, on the island of Medici, in order to establish a defense base.

Article V: Reparations

The Brettish Isles accepts complete responsibility for the rebellion and, in seeking to normalize and return to friendly relations with the Kingdom of Batavia, does hereby issue a full apology. As a token of goodwill, the Brettish government shall issue a payment of 500 SCUE pounds to cover damages incurred by Batavia.

Article VI: Entry Into Force

This Treaty enters force upon the first day following the exchange of ratifications of this Treaty in accordance with the constitutional procedures of the High Contracting Parties.

Article VII: Final Provisions

This Treaty, drawn up in a single original in the English language, equally authentic, shall be deposited with the archives of the Brettish Parliament, which will transmit a certified copy to the government of the Kingdom of Batavia.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Treaty is signed by the plenipotentiaries at Whitehall Manor in Sherrinford on ASC XXXX.

FOR HIS HIGHNESS THE LORD PROTECTOR

FOR THE HONORABLE RAADSFUNCTIONARIS OF BATAVIA
I believe the issue of disagreement remains in regards to the longterm status of Watson Island. Personally I think a 500 year lease is generous. In addition, we're throwing in 500 SCUE reparations. We are also willing to drop the lease on the island of Medici entirely from the treaty - although I envisioned such an exchange as being more supportive of reconciliation between Brettania and Batavia.

I await your input, gents. :sherlock:
Thomas Rivers, His Lordship
of House Wellington, Lord of Willowshire
Known in other circles as Choygal Kamala

Raz
The Mikado, as played on catgut strings

Re: Brettish-Batavian Negotiations

Post by Raz »

Maybe, just maybe you should make Jack stop "negotiating" on his own... The Holy Empire of Jingdao at Sea has found diplomatic conduct with the Kingdom of Batavia rather pleasant, but then again, we didn't resort to the same flowery language as our representative in #micronations reports on a regular basis. We very much doubt this "good detective, bad detective" game is working for you. Just two cents from a sympathetic nation.

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

Please note that I am not negotiating. I only had a little informal discussion with a Batavian politician that has nothing to do with this treaty. Mr. Rivers is the sole representative of the Brettish government in this matter and if I would wish to speak formally on this matter, I would do it on this forum.
1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North
3. Ludovic Verion, Lord of Blackstone and Governor-General of the Iron Company
4. Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, super sleuth

Trydan

Post by Trydan »

This treaty is perfect. But, I have a minor modification: please change the words "Trydan Dynasty", at Article II, into "Van Gebar government". The word dynasty is to royal for me.
The lease of 500 years is indeed very generous, and utterly correct. You lease from us, we lease form you.
I think it is better to wait with the signing ceremony, considering the circumstances in Batavia.
Trydan van Gebar

Vice-president of the UBV

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

I will also sign this treaty as proposed by the Brettish envoy, Mr. Rivers, and agreed upon by the prime-minster of the Kingdom of Batavia.

I would hope to close this chapter in our history soon, and sign this treaty as soon as possible. As a nation, we have awaited a treaty like this for a long time and I think it would also be best for the Kingdom of Batavia if we were to end this rather nasty chapter and work on building trust and friendly relations between our respective nations again.

As for the question of semantics you pointed out, I think that no objection to this could be made.

Thomas Rivers

Post by Thomas Rivers »

*pokes Jonas and Trydan with a sharp stick* :tegong:

Is everyone on vacation or something?

Raz
The Mikado, as played on catgut strings

Post by Raz »

We are also looking for the Jonas.

Trydan

Post by Trydan »

Thomas Rivers wrote:*pokes Jonas and Trydan with a sharp stick* :tegong:

Is everyone on vacation or something?
*feels pain*

Ouch, no I'm not on vacation. I'll sign it directly! (With the modifacation in it).
Trydan van Gebar

Trydan

Post by Trydan »

Treaty of Whitehall

His Highness the Lord Protector of the Brettish Isles and The Honorable Raadsfunctionaris of Batavia, sharing the desire of securing a complete, lasting and honest friendship between them and their Governments, have decided to negotiate a compact of friendship and cooperation, who, meeting at Whitehall Manor, agreed to the following articles of peace between their respective Governments:

A state of complete, lasting and honest friendship shall prevail between the Brettish Isles and the Kingdom of Batavia, and between the inhabitants, nationals and citizens of the respective High Contracting Parties without discrimination.

The Brettish Isles agrees to recognize the Kingdom of Batavia as the only legitimate Batavian government, comprising all lands and titles designated as Batavian. The Kingdom of Batavia agrees to recognize the independence and sovereignty of the Brettish Isles and the legitimacy of the Lords Protectorate government.

The High Contracting Parties, having a shared heritage, do hereby agree to cooperate in matters cultural, economic, and political, as befits the circumstances. No restrictions shall be placed on the free movement of civilian people and goods between both parties.

4.1. The High Contracting Parties do hereby agree to cooperate in the areas of defense and state security.

4.2. A Joint Command will be established wherein both parties will contribute a force of ten thousand soldiers to a joint Peacekeeping Force that will assist in state security.

4.3. The Kingdom of Batavia shall assume a five-hundred-year lease, for 1 SCUE pound, on the island of Watson, in order to establish a defense base.

4.4. The Brettish Isles shall assume a one-hundred-year lease, for 1 SCUE pound, on the island of Medici, in order to establish a defense base.

The Brettish Isles accepts complete responsibility for the rebellion and, in seeking to normalize and return to friendly relations with the Kingdom of Batavia, does hereby issue a full apology. As a token of goodwill, the Brettish government shall issue a payment of 500 SCUE pounds to cover damages incurred by Batavia.

This Treaty enters force upon the first day following the exchange of ratifications of this Treaty in accordance with the constitutional procedures of the High Contracting Parties.

This Treaty, drawn up in a single original in the English language, equally authentic, shall be deposited with the archives of the Brettish Parliament, which will transmit a certified copy to the government of the Kingdom of Batavia.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Treaty is signed by the plenipotentiaries at Whitehall Manor in Sherrinford on ASC XXXX.

FOR HIS HIGHNESS THE LORD PROTECTOR

TrydanvGebar
Trydan van Gebar

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

Treaty of Whitehall

The Brettish Isles agrees to recognize the Kingdom of Batavia as the only legitimate Batavian government, comprising all lands and titles designated as Batavian. The Kingdom of Batavia agrees to recognize the independence and sovereignty of the Brettish Isles and the legitimacy of the Lords Protectorate government.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Treaty is signed by the plenipotentiaries at Whitehall Manor in Sherrinford on ASC 5296.

Jack de Montfort

FOR HIS HIGHNESS THE LORD PROTECTOR OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF THE BRETTISH ISLES

TrydanvGebar

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

So, that's done

:herman:

Trydan

Post by Trydan »

Great! Now is everything settled and we can continue now with our respective nations.
Trydan van Gebar

Trydan

Post by Trydan »

And indeed: :herman:
Trydan van Gebar

Thomas Rivers

Post by Thomas Rivers »

Excellent! I am sincerely happy this has been resolved.

Return to “Sankt-Sisera Museum”