Boilerplate new post links

Here's the forum for the forum. Well, more it's the forum to house the subforums related to the forum, where the admins play whack-a-mole. If you have forum problems, fill in form 4271-K, and file it in the appropriate subforum. Or forum, as the case may be.
Mira Octavius-Aryani

Boilerplate new post links

Post by Mira Octavius-Aryani »

Does anyone know of a way of crafting a New Post link that will load predetermined text into the text field?

Sort of like how an email address link can include message content.

Count Palatine of Kezan
Khanum of Cabbagefall

ari
Grim Auxiliator

Re: Boilerplate new post links

Post by ari »

It can be done, but it'd require modifying each style that you want to use the feature in. Which might be only one, if you only need it in one style. Is this for some sort of a "fill out this form and post in this thread" type of thing?

e: Actually, what am I saying. Of course it can be done serverside (so you can have it in every style). How much do you need it?
Lord Furniture
Not even partially responsible for Malarboria; will take the blame for Caverden, though!
Tallest and therefore Greatest of the Janitors
Eternal Watcher of #micronations

Mira Octavius-Aryani

Post by Mira Octavius-Aryani »

I was just looking for some feasible way of turning the Citizenship Application Form into a link that creates a new thread whose initial post contains a blank version of the form.

Count Palatine of Kezan
Khanum of Cabbagefall

Orion
Full of shi... err.. stars!

Post by Orion »

I seem to recall that there was a Javascript you could install that would do that.

Return to “Administrative Soviet”