The Stylepocalypse

Here's the forum for the forum. Well, more it's the forum to house the subforums related to the forum, where the admins play whack-a-mole. If you have forum problems, fill in form 4271-K, and file it in the appropriate subforum. Or forum, as the case may be.
ari
Grim Auxiliator

The Stylepocalypse

Post by ari » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:50 pm

So you might remember that Bastion had quite a lot of forum styles just yesterday.

Some of you might also be aware of another interesting fact: Styles for phpBB 3.0.x are not compatible with styles for phpBB 3.2.x.

Now I'm actually not that big on the latest and shiniest things, especially if you have to give up the shiny things you already have... but what I am is lazy, and one aspect of being lazy is that I don't want to have to worry that I'm using a totally out of date forum that's going to somehow break one day and leak people's private diplomatic cables or something. No, if the forum is going to break, it had better be because I broke it. So, as part of a half-enforced Great Big Update Of Everything, I decided it was time for Bastion, too, to finally actually use a properly recent phpBB version.

Anyway, as a result, we now have exactly one style, the default proSilver style. Suggestions for how the common parts of the board should look are accepted (I'm pretty sure that I'll at least replace the branding, if nothing else). Also, now would be a great time to explore the style database and suggest a new style to be installed for your nation.
Lord Furniture
Not even partially responsible for Malarboria; will take the blame for Caverden, though!
Tallest and therefore Greatest of the Janitors
Eternal Watcher of #micronations

Raz
The Mikado, as played on catgut strings

Re: The Stylepocalypse

Post by Raz » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:24 pm

Huzzah! Out with the old and in with the new.
Light of Heavens

Rei Milharna

Post by Rei Milharna » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:32 pm

Somebody on the phpBB fora figured out how to make tables a thing again on 3.2.1+.
Her Majesty Queen Áþamé Issèla Mari Vāstra of Firneramnen, Queen of Aňira, Archduchess of Alðai, Grand Duchess of Vatēmar, Princess of Shireroth, Lady of Kin'uyama and of Senkyōwan, Landgravine of the Vessāra Forest, Castellaness of the Bloodless Palace, Maid of Angarae, Grand Mistress of the Order of Itrāei, Lady of the Night Sky

Raz

Post by Raz » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:43 pm

If we are going to do styles, which I don't think is absolutely necessary. With the shift away from the forums and towards the wiki, it might not be worth the hassle... Would it be possible to install this for Jingdao and Alrig? Preferably in a way that edits could be made to both simultaneously, but also individually? (different flags/logos) Of course, if that would be difficult, we will not complain about any other arrangement.

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/revolution/
Light of Heavens

Nathan II

Post by Nathan II » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:17 pm

Could Natopia please have this installed as its theme. Just the default (green) theme. Thank you :)

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... 2fbe56b909
His Most Bovic Majesty, Nathan II,
Emperor of the Natopians

Raz

Post by Raz » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:23 pm

It's almost as if these themes were designed for our nations...
Light of Heavens

Manco Capac

Post by Manco Capac » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:12 am

By the Hand of the One and Only Divine Leader of the Wechua -
MANCO CÁPAC
King of the Wechua; Sovereign Lord of the Four Regions;
Son of Inti; Lord and Governor of the Wechua Realms.

Return to “Administrative Soviet”