The New Demon-Lady of Highpass

Moderators: (Shireroth) Duke of Modan and Malarboria, (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser

Kizzy Drakland

The New Demon-Lady of Highpass

Post by Kizzy Drakland »

Wildfires ravaged parts of Highpass this past week amid rumors of an Imperial investigation into the whereabouts of Kizzy Drakland and her controversial offspring. After the wildfires subsided and the Imperial presence in the region mysteriously diminished, Kizzy made a brief appearance in Rhodondra to reassure the people of Highpass and Malarboria of their safety.

"Malarborians, these past few days should have been joyful, with the birth of my daughter, Andrea. The hospital here has given here a complete check-up and while she is a healthy baby girl, they report that her genetic profile will make it impossible for her to ever be a mother herself. I am heartbroken that my daughter will never know the joys of motherhood, that I am lucky enough to experience in a second chance.

The demon that sired my daughter, your Demon-Lord here in Highpass, has been vanguished by my Sword for his disgusting and illegal actions. My daughter, although but an infant, will be your new Demon-Lady. In hindsight, Andras was too unpredictable and violent to trust in an administrative role. My daughter, who has ancient demon blood will age according to the Ancient Calendar--she is already 4 years old now--until she reaches the age of 18, at that point she will age according to the New Calendar.

I pledge my serve to the people of Malarboria. I reaffirm my support for our beloved Kaiser. I regret the deaths of any Imperials lost in the wildfires, but I can assure the Imperial Government that I will not be consorting with demonkind in the carnal ways anymore."
Kizzy Drakland
Demon-Queen of the Community of Goëtia

Nathan

Kizzy Drakland

Re: The New Demon-Lady of Highpass

Post by Kizzy Drakland »

Kizzy and her daughter, Andrea, had been living a life of luxury and malaise over the past several years. Touring the Domain's counties and overstaying their welcome at each demon-devotee's estate. The demons under Kizzy's control had grown ineffectual after Kizzy slaughtered Andras. Some of them begged for slaughter, so they could return to Balgurd and be happy again. As a result, the counties of Malarboria stagnated under the demons' uncaring administration. No one could be convinced to devote 8 years of service to the demons either, so there were no Mortal Lords or Ladies to govern. County administration had fallen to the mid-tier career bureaucrats, who were the eternally unsung heroes of the Imperial Republic, keeping day-to-day life going for the unfortunate denizens caught up in the drama of the higher-ups.

Kizzy spent most of her time in Highpass, with her half-demon daughter, mostly to protect her. She had heard reports of discontent throughout the Domain. She could no longer ignore it, even her advisers in Modan Hamlet were threatening to form a regency council without her consent if she did not return. She didn't even have much interest in returning to quickly burn their souls. So she stayed in Highpass, and considered what, if anything, she would do. Her primary concern was to protect her daughter and her demon-lords that remained loyal.
Kizzy Drakland
Demon-Queen of the Community of Goëtia

Nathan

Return to “Highpass”