The Counts of Highpass

Moderators: (Shireroth) Duke of Modan and Malarboria, (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser

Octavia Rossheim

The Counts of Highpass

Post by Octavia Rossheim »

Count Oze (3342-3744)

The first Count of Highpass whose name and exploits are known to history was appointed by the Baron of Lakhesis in 3342 ASC. Count Oze proved to be a highly popular and successful ruler, granting the county its first Charter in 3348 ASC and actively promoting the local culture, notably the traditional martial art of Steikfaat (stick fighting); he is also credited with designing Highpass' first recorded flag in 3349 ASC. Oze's contributions were later to win him recognition outside the borders of his county: in 3404 ASC he was made a Member of Brookshire's Order of the Northern Star and in 3418 ASC was named Baron of Ynnraile.

Shortly after his baronial appointment, Count Oze gave a final speech to the people of Highpass outside Rhodondra's City Hall before boarding a Veldtsprung wooden motorcar and driving north over the Laal Pass into legend. For although he left his loyal steward, Alak van Kaap, to govern in his place and promised to visit often, it was to be the last occasion on which he is known to have set foot on Highpassian soil.

An individual named Oze was listed as "Baron of Ynnraile, Count of Highpass" in the First Brookshire Census of 3578 ASC, but thereafter the records fall silent. In 3744 ASC an Oze- whether the same man or a relative is not recorded- was deprived of the comital office by the Duke of Brookshire- a sad end to an inspirational career.
Octavia
Queen of Steeria and Highfield
Princess & Lichgravine of Highpass

Sometime Empress of Sangun & Queen of Leichenberg

Vilhelm Benkern

Re: The Counts of Highpass

Post by Vilhelm Benkern »

Interesting history, a good leader who can inspire future generations. I hope Steikfaat will be supported by the new government.

Edit: I spoke too soon and have now seen the latest Comital decree - Chapters 4, 5 and 6 of the Basic Law probably represent stronger support for the local culture than has ever been enjoyed in this territory's history. :up2:
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon
Dirigent of Musica, Count of Mar Sara
In Aryasht Prapta Vrteti, former Prince of Aryasht; Zaila Vrteti, Norfolknath
In Elwynn Benjamin Sebasokrator Timothy Quentin Kern, Duke of Raikoth
In Khalypsil Representative of the Wisdom

Octavia Rossheim

Count Oze made modern Highpass what it is today, despite a comparatively brief reign (at least as liches and long-lived imperial blue-bloods measure time). Although changes must and will be made to his original vision, it remains my hope that the spirit of his Highpass will live on.
Vilhelm Benkern wrote:I hope Steikfaat will be supported by the new government.
With the discovery of a dusty copy of the original Charter of Count Oze, Steikfaat has now been added to the Basic Law, alongside articles concerning the preservation of traditional music and local religious customs.
Octavia

Vilhelm Benkern

Post by Vilhelm Benkern »

(I edited my post while you made that post, I think we should all be pleased with the latest developments.)
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon
Dirigent of Musica, Count of Mar Sara
In Aryasht Prapta Vrteti, former Prince of Aryasht; Zaila Vrteti, Norfolknath
In Elwynn Benjamin Sebasokrator Timothy Quentin Kern, Duke of Raikoth
In Khalypsil Representative of the Wisdom

Octavia Rossheim

I saw! ;)
Vilhelm Benkern wrote:Edit: I spoke too soon and have now seen the latest Comital decree - Chapters 4, 5 and 6 of the Basic Law probably represent stronger support for the local culture than has ever been enjoyed in this territory's history. :up2:
Chapters 4 and 5 are based on Oze's Charter. Although it made no mention of religion, I felt that omission required correction...hence Chapter 6.
Octavia

Return to “Highpass”