Miss Kizzy and Missionary's Proposition

Moderators: (Shireroth) Duke of Modan and Malarboria, (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser

Kizzy Drakland

Miss Kizzy and Missionary's Proposition

Post by Kizzy Drakland »

Kizzy's advisers had been pleading with her to assemble some resistance. The initial reports of the Southern League as 'disgruntled drunkards' with rioting confined to taverns had been proven false, or outdated, or perhaps the work of double agents. Either way, Kizzy could no longer ignore the invasion force marching towards her. Fearing for her and her daughter's life above all else, she recalled every demon from their posts throughout the Domain, and instructed each to march to Rhodondra with whatever militia they could assemble (by any means). With her Sword of Fire, she would meet the Southern League head on.

As her demon lords assembled in Rhodondra, the chaos in the command center allowed a foreign visitor to sneak past her guards, claiming to be a emissary.

"Actually, I'm a missionary," the stranger said when he was able to convince Kizzy to listen to him.

Kizzy rolled her eyes, and muttered to herself, "These dumb peasants out here are useless."

The missionary continued, "I am a missionary for Goetia, and while I normally recruit wayward demon worshipers who seek a homeland, I have been living here in Malarboria since your takeover. I had high hopes for Malarboria becoming the new safehaven for the worldwide demonic community. I almost recommended that my fellow Goetics emigrate here en mass. But continued inference from Shirekeep, and general Shirerithian hatred towards all things demonic has convinced me that neither you nor your demons or their followers can live here safely anymore. Come to us, take your daughter and demon lieutenants, and you will be welcomed as gods in Goetia, given free reign and unencumbered by traditions or imperial oversight. Bring your demonic paradise to life in Goetia and we will be your worshipful servants until the end of our lives."

Kizzy was clearly excited by this prospect, "I've never heard of that place. Why would there be a secret community of demon worshipers. You're not very good at worshiping if you all had legitimate demons and a demon-goddess ruling an entire Imperial State and you never made yourselves known until it's almost too late."

"We have been secretive for generations. We of course had heard of your great feat here in Malarboria, and we worship you from afar. Our nature is to stay hidden, and bring people to us. It has protected us for generations. Besides, Madame, I know your secret."

Kizzy arched her eyebrow, "Which one?"

"The one that, if revealed, will end in your destruction. The Vigiles Arcani will not allow you or your daughter to exist once they learn the truth. The truth that she is not sterile, and that she is in fact pregnant by one of your demon-lieutenants and you plan to create a new ruling caste of demi-demons."

"How did you possibly know that Andrea was pregnant."

"I have studied demonology my entire adult life. As have all my Goetics. We know that the spawn of a demon cannot be infertile. As you have said in your own propaganda here, demons represent life and its excesses."

Kizzy grabbed the hilt of the Sword of Fire, raised it above her head and it burst into blinding, unholy flames as she swung the blade down toward the neck of the missionary.

But she stopped. The Missionary was not fearful, he looked almost blissful, "Why aren't you afraid?" she asked.

"I have lived a full and exciting life. To have it extinguished by the demon-goddess herself would be pure joy for me. You know, if you were to move to Goetia, you would not even need the Sword of Fire to rule through fear. You could rule through love. We would love you unconditionally."

Kizzy's eyes began to drip. She felt transported back to Lyhigh, on her very first adventure, with her companion Dek. All she ever wanted was someone to love her the way he did. Before she betrayed him, and then murdered him.

She returned the Sword of Fire to its scabbard, "I will consider this."
Kizzy Drakland
Demon-Queen of the Community of Goëtia

Nathan

Return to “Highpass”