Motion of Impechment

Moderator: (Elwynn) Prince of Elwynn

Malliki

Motion of Impechment

Post by Malliki »

I as a senator motion for the impeachment of the Prince and the Steward. I make this motion in light of the revelation that the Prince and Steward have been plotting with agents foreign and domestic to seize control in an undemocratic manner.

I ask for a second.
Malliki Tosha
Acting Xonuti of the Free State of Sanilla
Poluti Poki'i of Sanilla

Scott Alexander

Re: Motion of Impechment

Post by Scott Alexander »

I request proof that the Prince and Steward have been so plotting.

The Prince and Steward have been discussing how to prevent the undemocratic seizure of power. Since the last election, an anti-democratic cabal has been trying to overthrow the Constitution and the duly elected government. I set up a forum for people I knew were loyal in order to help resist that effort.

I request one piece of evidence that there have been any plots to seize control in an undemocratic manner from that direction (what would seize control even mean? They're the Prince and Steward. They already have control.)

And "foreign agents"? The forum involved was made up entirely of Elwynnese citizens, plus the Kaiser of Shireroth was invited but said early on she wasn't interested and Shireroth was neutral on the matter. Octavius and Zand can confirm this, or if you want we can figure out some way to make the relevant evidence public.

So that supposed plot is a tempest in a teacup. Now, if I hand you evidence that Tarjei Einhornnsen and Ardashir Osmani have actually been plotting to seize control, as in use military force to hold a coup to overturn the results of the latest election, will you drop this motion and instead motion for their impeachment? Or is this motion just politically motivated?

Elijah Ayreon

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

Senators,

Given that a motion of impeachment identical to Senator Tosha's of the Prince is currently underway, I will amend Senator Tosha's motion to be that of one against the Steward.

However, Senator Tosha's motion needs to specify which impeachable count the Steward allegedly committed and then be seconded by a second Senator before the process of impeachment can begin.
Elijah Ayreon-Dariolin of Waffle-Paine (no longer with us)

Ric.

Jacobus Loki
The plaything of capricious Archons...

Post by Jacobus Loki »

As the Member making the motion has since emigrated, may I move that this be ruled as void?
Jacobus Loki

Once and Future King of the Ma'alanje
Prophet of Loki, Wielder of the Sword of Madness

Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.

Lord Erion

Post by Lord Erion »

I second that.
His Imperial Highness Erion of Waffel-Paine,
Prince of Natopia, Prince of Arboria, Duke of New Aquitane, and of the Punkrock Isles, Count of Nerklaa, Count of Augustus, Lord am Baat, Baron Mirkdale, Representative in Frenzy for Arboria, Knight of the Order of the Black Hole, Awardee of the Regent's Medal, MNN.

Elijah Ayreon

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

Senators,

Unless moved otherwise, this motion will be withdrawn from before the Senate in 24 hours.
Elijah Ayreon-Dariolin of Waffle-Paine (no longer with us)

Ric.

Return to “Union Senate Archives”