Presidential Election - debates

Moderator: (Elwynn) Prince of Elwynn

Lord Erion

Presidential Election - debates

Post by Lord Erion »

If anyone wishes to propose and second a period of debating and questioning of our sole presidential candidate, please do so below. I would recommend that any such period ends in less than 24 hours.
His Imperial Highness Erion of Waffel-Paine,
Prince of Natopia, Prince of Arboria, Duke of New Aquitane, and of the Punkrock Isles, Count of Nerklaa, Count of Augustus, Lord am Baat, Baron Mirkdale, Representative in Frenzy for Arboria, Knight of the Order of the Black Hole, Awardee of the Regent's Medal, MNN.

Elijah Ayreon

Re: Presidential Election - debates

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

Senators,

Thank you for letting me have this opportunity. Before my grilling begins, just let me say that a Senate with me as its president will be an active and asserting chamber. I will make sure order is followed but also inspire the Senate to further glory.

I will now take your questions.
Elijah Ayreon-Dariolin of Waffle-Paine (no longer with us)

Ric.

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

What is the opinion of lord Ayreon regarding foreign relations?
1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North
3. Ludovic Verion, Lord of Blackstone and Governor-General of the Iron Company
4. Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, super sleuth

Elijah Ayreon

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

Senators,
Senator Lewis,

I find that in a role as president of the Senate, I should not actively influence the foreign policy of the Union in other ways than through the Senate's prerogative: the Senate must know of the Prince's views on relations with other countries. The Senate must be consulted when agreements are negotiated, and agreements must be submitted to the Senate by the Prince for final ratification. That is our constitutional arrangement and it shall be protected. I will guard the Senate's prerogatives in all matters, whether they are home affairs or foreign affairs.
Elijah Ayreon-Dariolin of Waffle-Paine (no longer with us)

Ric.

Lord Erion

Post by Lord Erion »

In the absence of any further questions, these debates are now concluded.
His Imperial Highness Erion of Waffel-Paine,
Prince of Natopia, Prince of Arboria, Duke of New Aquitane, and of the Punkrock Isles, Count of Nerklaa, Count of Augustus, Lord am Baat, Baron Mirkdale, Representative in Frenzy for Arboria, Knight of the Order of the Black Hole, Awardee of the Regent's Medal, MNN.

Return to “Union Senate Archives”