Election of a New Prince

Moderator: (Elwynn) Prince of Elwynn

Emir of Raspur

Re: Election of a New Prince

Post by Emir of Raspur »

Well it is nice to sit through an interesting election.

You chaps have until 10pm British Empire Time on Wednesday. Voting continues.

Octavius

Post by Octavius »

Tarjei

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Post by Jonas »

Senator Jacobus!
Important characters:
Frederik Alfons des Vinandy-Paravel, King of Batavia
Joseph Bartholomeus des Vinandy-Windsor, Prince-Regent of Batavia
Jin San, Diwang of Jingdao, Duke of Kildare

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

Tarjei
Malliki Tosha
Acting Xonuti of the Free State of Sanilla
Poluti Poki'i of Sanilla

Lord Erion

Post by Lord Erion »

Senator Loki (Expatriate)
His Imperial Highness Erion of Waffel-Paine,
Prince of Natopia, Prince of Arboria, Duke of New Aquitane, and of the Punkrock Isles, Count of Nerklaa, Count of Augustus, Lord am Baat, Baron Mirkdale, Representative in Frenzy for Arboria, Knight of the Order of the Black Hole, Awardee of the Regent's Medal, MNN.

Emir of Raspur

Post by Emir of Raspur »

Order, order,

At the risk of giving the Batavian Post something to write about I must adjudicate as follows:

The vote cast by Malachi Ra-Alban is invalid because the Gozar precedent stipulates that only a vote cast by a character introduced into the Senate by a resolution can be a senator. Following improper form would be intolerable as it would otherwise suggest that impeaching Zand Gozar in order to elect Tarjei Eindhornsson into the Senate represented a gratuitous waste of time.

I also regret that the editing of votes once cast is an intolerable incident of bad form which undermines democratic accountability - representatives of the people must honour their original commitments and not be open to influence or dissolute fickleness. For that reason the vote cast by Giles Melang is recorded as being present.

Present.

EDIT: Changed vote to Jacobus.

Last edited by Giles Melang on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Such maleficence may have been tolerated in previous Presidencies but the deficiency has since been remedied.

We congratulate the Lord Erion for proving himself incorruptible in the face of contemptible (paltry) attempts at influence by nefarious foreign forces.

I congratulate all parties for a closely fought and thoroughly entertaining election and I now declare Tarjei Eindhornsson (Normark) to be elected President with five votes in favour while Jacobus Loki received four valid votes and one vote of "Present" was cast.

Elwynn Prevails

Return to “Union Senate Archives”