A Letter from Pentyre

Moderator: (Leichenberg) Necrarchs

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

A Letter from Pentyre

Post by Verion »

Swyddfa y Llywodraethwr-Cyffredinol y Gwlad y Calbain

To the Emperor and Princes of the Empire of Sangun and South Cibola, greetings.

It might be known to you, noble lords of the Empire of Sangun and South Cibola, that the Kingdom of Calbion, as it was then known, used to have a small colony in South Cibola, in what it curently known as Südkap. This colony was known as Y Diwedd. It might have gone unrecognised that there still is a relatively large Calbain community living in the Empire in the former colony.

Since a ruler of Calbion has only one duty, the protection of the Calbain people, and since I hold the opinion that the great people in Y Diwedd have been neglected by the government in Pentyre for too long a time, I would humbly ask of you, Emperor and Princes of the Empire, to enter talks with me of establishing a closer bond between the Calbain heartland and the people in Y Diwedd. In the attachment to this letter, you will find an old map of the world, where the colony of Y Diwedd is indicated.

Respectfully, offering the highest regards,

Sir Llywelyn Lewis OBD
Governor-General of Calbion
Llywodraethwr-Cyffredinol y Gwlad y Calbain
Last edited by Verion on Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North
3. Ludovic Verion, Lord of Blackstone and Governor-General of the Iron Company
4. Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, super sleuth

Ludwig von Walstadt

Re: A Letter from Pentyre

Post by Ludwig von Walstadt »

Prince Ludwig reads the letter with amusement.

"How much the world has changed! Back in the days when Calbion was a loyal province of the Holy Empire, when Western Cibola was pure... I urge His Imperial Majesty to help preserve this part of history. I would however warn that the Calbain are not to be completely trusted, they have a rebellious and murderous nature. A bond between Calbion and Y Diwedd should be only cultural in nature and not have a military component..."

Prince Ludwig sees a few frowned eyebrows.

"Well, they were rebellious and murderous in the past! Poor Radboud de Saks, what did he ever do that was wrong!?"

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

Thank you for your words, Prince Ludwig (I think...). I am eagerly awaiting a reply from His Grace the Emperor.
1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North
3. Ludovic Verion, Lord of Blackstone and Governor-General of the Iron Company
4. Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, super sleuth

Max II

Post by Max II »

Dear Sir Llywelyn,

Thank you for your letter, which I read with great interest.

I am indeed familiar with the colony of Y Diwedd, although further investigation is needed to discern the extent to which a functioning Calbain community remains in that area. After some reflection, I am open to the idea of granting the area limited autonomy within my realm, so that the unique culture of this small corner of Cibola may be preserved for future living generations, and to that end I would be interested in hearing your ideas for closer co-operation.

For the sake of clarity and at risk of appearing blunt, I must however emphasise that my sovereign rights over this territory are not up for negotiation. I am more than happy to foster cultural links in the spirit of amity, provided everyone is quite clear about the political situation in this corner of Cibola. Again, I apologise for introducing a somewhat negative tone to our discourse, but long experience has taught me that it is sensible to be completely clear about such things from the outset, before unfortunate misunderstandings are allowed to take root.

I will take thsi opportunity to invite you, or a designated representative, to meet with me in person so that we may explore the possibilities free from the vagaries of written correspondence.

MAX II
Reigning Emperor of Greater Sangun & Grand Prince of Treisenberg
King of Steeria.

Return to “Empire of Sangun and South Cibola”