Welcome to The Green!

Budding nations, barbarians and forgotten ruins - make your place among the unclaimed lands of Apollonia! One-man nations, worldbuilding experiments and weirdtopias are welcome here.

Moderator: Emile

Emile

Welcome to The Green!

Post by Emile »

Micras is a world whose story has been constructed by micronationalists over the past few years (Physical map, political map). There are well-established nations with constitutions and international rules, but also vast swaths of unclaimed land - The Green.

This forum is for creating what happens out there - invent your own small nation, tell it’s story, get into wars, have fun!

How do things work?
  • You can invent any nation / organization / kingdom / city-state, but don’t be too greedy (“My Empire rules half the continent!”) or people will just ignore you.
  • Or feel free to join an existing nation, if they’re okay with it.
  • You usually roleplay the leader of your nation(/kingdom/organization), or quote what historians or journalists say; mark out-of-character comments with [OOC] for clarity.
  • One earth day equals one Micras year, so history can unfold quite quickly.
  • You can tie in your neighboring nation’s story with yours - trade, war colonialism, conspiracies - as long as they're okay with it; if they don't want to be in a war, don't involve them in one.
The rest of Micras has somewhat complicated rules, and this is an attempt to keep things simpler for new people (like me); new colonies / nations should start in Eura, the big island-continent near the middle (slightly to the southeast).

There is a lot of freedom in terms of which themes you can use, nations on Micras go from medieval fantasy to sci-fi, and there is even an undead kingdom.

Welcome to the Green!

Rei Milharna

Re: Welcome to The Green!

Post by Rei Milharna »

I am in. With what, I'm not sure, but I'm most definitely in.

Rei Milharna

Post by Rei Milharna »

Hokaj, so.

I'll most likely be jumping in with a micronation that's based in the same universe as the webcomic Outsider. It'll be something akin to a Micran outpost of the Loroi Union, based in NW Eura and as such sponging off of Persian culture a bit... I'm toying with the leader calling him/herself Xerxes/Scheherazade :mrgreen:

Scheherazade

Post by Scheherazade »

Ask and ye shall receive.
Aqa Torrai Sošret Šahrâzâd Xatun
Commander, Atos Exploration & Colonisation Fleet (Loroi Union)
Leader of The Emirate
Played by Carl

ari
Grim Auxiliator

Post by ari »

I won't be bringing in a lot of material, but there's this thought I'm having about refugees from a post-singularity utopia that could be good for a post or two. I figure that they're from Micras's future, so the way they ended up here would be through time travel, which is why their city is named Yesteryear. Basically a bit of a take on the problem of being too wise and on the technomancer rules from Shadowrun 4, with a side of commentary on the idea of worldbuilding.
Lord Furniture
Not even partially responsible for Malarboria; will take the blame for Caverden, though!
Tallest and therefore Greatest of the Janitors
Eternal Watcher of #micronations

Emile

Post by Emile »

I added some fitting music to the original post (though it may be more fitting for my people than for others...)

Carl: NW Eura? So, next to Askenazka? I was originally planning to start in NE Eura, but then thought that Apollonia would leave more diverse landscapes, and more neighbours...

(Edit: ok for Eura, I edited the OP)

Mira Raynora Minor

Post by Mira Raynora Minor »

You might want to split this discussion into a new thread, but like Carl I was also under the impression that the Green was going to be based on Eura. Yes, Apollonia has more established neighbours, but I thought the idea was to create a "world within a world" where new and existing people could work together to write a semi-coherent history. There is a reason the interior of Apollonia is unclaimed- it's too remote to be of interest to most existing countries!
Mira Raynora the Younger
Queen of Leichenberg
Queen of Lichbrook, Duchess of Brookshire

Marchioness and Lichgravine of Lachmodan, Countess of Azarea and Ž

Aryeztur

Post by Aryeztur »

Aryasht is the overlord of Apollonia. The central kingdom to which others must acknowledge as a fatherly spirit.
The Great King, King of Kings, King of the World

Rei Milharna

Post by Rei Milharna »

Yeah, no.

ari
Grim Auxiliator

Post by ari »

Aryeztur wrote:Aryasht is the overlord of Apollonia. The central kingdom to which others must acknowledge as a fatherly spirit.
"Must" here being a word of very different strength from your perspective and that of others...
Lord Furniture
Not even partially responsible for Malarboria; will take the blame for Caverden, though!
Tallest and therefore Greatest of the Janitors
Eternal Watcher of #micronations

IgnatiaOforutsedd

Post by IgnatiaOforutsedd »

I should think that, if anything, Kildare would have greater claim to such status.
Dutchess of Kildare
Avatar of Count Conglacio II Swefhert of Schlangen County of Erior
(alt char of Conglacio)

Sisera B.E.

Post by Sisera B.E. »

I do agree with the point made by the Dutchess, she is I think, the primary political leader of Apollonia. At least she is regarded as such by the Empire, while Aryasht could just as well be part of the green.

Rei Milharna

Post by Rei Milharna »

E. None of the above

Mira Raynora Minor

Post by Mira Raynora Minor »

With all due respect...the question of which state has the "moral right" to be considered the leading power in Apollonia is totally inappropriate for this thread. The Green is supposed to be all about welcoming newcomers and new nations to our fold and that isn't going to happen if people start claiming paramountcy over them before they've even established themselves!
Mira Raynora the Younger
Queen of Leichenberg
Queen of Lichbrook, Duchess of Brookshire

Marchioness and Lichgravine of Lachmodan, Countess of Azarea and Ž

Krasniy Yastreb

Post by Krasniy Yastreb »

If the Green were under any sphere of influence worth mentioning, in Apollonia or Eura or anywhere, it wouldn't be Green in the first place. Beyond a scattering of named ruins and a few geographical features, it's a blank slate.

Also: If a section of the The Green were roped off as the 'official' Green, what would that make the non-official Green? Is there really any need to make the limitation at all?

Emile

Post by Emile »

Roping off the "official" green has two advantages:

1) It makes new nations start next to each other, which increases chances of interaction with "equals", and gives a reason for everybody to pay attention to what the others are doing

2) It makes eventual discussions with the MCS easier, saying "we would like this region to have experimental special rules" is more acceptable than wanting to make settlement and claiming easier in all unclaimed regions.

I agree that the name is not perfect, but it should work.

(I agree that it's under nobody's sphere of influence)

Return to “The Green”