Princely elections

Moderator: (Elwynn) Prince of Elwynn

Soreaa Isurui

Princely elections

Post by Soreaa Isurui »

Senators,

Before you now is the matter of election of a Prince of Elwynn.

The ballot looks as follows, you may only cast a vote for one option in the ballot:
ELECTION FOR PRINCE OF ELWYNN

I vote...

[ ] for Deimos Jasonides
[ ] for Jacobus Loki
[ ] against both candidates
[ ] blank
Voting shall continue until Saturday the 22nd of June, at 14:14 central European summer time (12:14 UCT)
Soreaa Isurui
Steward of the State (Elwynn)
Minister of the Exterior of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth

One of the Rics

Monty

Re: Princely elections

Post by Monty »

For Deimos.
Lord Montague

Balarak Alaiaon, Duke of Elwynn, Unifier of the Severed Duchy, Sequestrer of Disharmony

Also operating as Jean Carmichael, Duke of Evreaux, Speaker of the Imperial Assembly.
Oh and Eli Naveh too, Chief of the Ashkenatzan Naval Staff.

In Battle; Unbeatable. In Victory; Unbearable.

Warner Barentsz

Post by Warner Barentsz »

Jacobus Loki, he is the only candidate who will serve his term and I don't want to hear his opponent's whining in #micronations, so let's let Jacobus do it again.

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

For Jacobus Loki.
1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North
3. Ludovic Verion, Lord of Blackstone and Governor-General of the Iron Company
4. Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, super sleuth

Rei Milharna

Post by Rei Milharna »

Deimos-seuvi.

Octavius

Post by Octavius »

For Deimos

Monty

Post by Monty »

At the risk of jeopardising [another] Princely election, is CJ allowed to vote in this?
Lord Montague

Balarak Alaiaon, Duke of Elwynn, Unifier of the Severed Duchy, Sequestrer of Disharmony

Also operating as Jean Carmichael, Duke of Evreaux, Speaker of the Imperial Assembly.

Soreaa Isurui

Post by Soreaa Isurui »

(I do not believe he/she holds any allegiance to any other imperial state so unless I am wrong about this, then the vote is valid)
Soreaa Isurui

One of the Rics

Monty

Post by Monty »

Hmph....the joys of different "characters"
Lord Montague

Soreaa Isurui

Post by Soreaa Isurui »

It's only Safiria and that is not an imperial state. Unless he's a citizen of Kildare or Musica or such?
Soreaa Isurui

One of the Rics

Monty

Post by Monty »

Yardistan? Isn't he the Anarch?
Lord Montague

Rei Milharna

Post by Rei Milharna »

Mme President,

Allow me to question the Duke's sanity and remind him that I do not presently nor have ever lived in any Imperial State absent Elwynn.

I yield.

Soreaa Isurui

Post by Soreaa Isurui »

(Carl: The rule is per physical person. You should clarify your status, please.)
Soreaa Isurui

One of the Rics

Luix Rakira

Post by Luix Rakira »

I vote for Deimos.
Lûix Rakira

Nathan

Rei Milharna

Post by Rei Milharna »

OOC: Nowhere has that been mentioned before. :evil:

Monty

Post by Monty »

Rei Milharna wrote:Mme President,

Allow me to question the Duke's sanity and remind him that I do not presently nor have ever lived in any Imperial State absent Elwynn.

I yield.
Says the girl in blue body paint and pointy ears telling everyone she is from another planet... :wink:
Lord Montague

Soreaa Isurui

Post by Soreaa Isurui »

Senators,

Voting ends now.

Six votes were cast of which five were valid. The vote by Ms Milharna was declared invalid when discovered that she has allegiance (through ) to Yardistan and the Musican Federation, in contradiction with the Constitution.

The tally is:

3 votes for Deimos Jasonides
2 votes for Jacobus Loki
0 votes against both candidates
0 blank votes
1 invalid vote (Ms Milharna's vote for Mr Jasonides)

For such reason, I hereby declare and attest that the Senate has duly elected Deimos Jasonides the Prince of Elwynn.

I offer the Prince-elect my congratulations and the Senate's and invite him to address the Senate.
Soreaa Isurui

One of the Rics

Deimos Jasonides

Post by Deimos Jasonides »

Madam President,
Honourable Senators of Elwynn,

I stand before you today, this beautiful morning in Viskasla, having been elected by you to lead Elwynn and be Elwynn's prince.

I am awed by your support and your vote of confidence in me and my agenda. As Elwynn's prince, I will represent the principles of Elwynn and Ayreonism wherever I am. I will fight tyranny oppression wherever I find it, especially when it threatens our people, our nation and our beautiful country -- Elwynn.

Today, as I stand here, I think of the former princes of Elwynn. I think of my predecessor, Prince Jacobus, whom I had the honour of opposing in this election. I offer him my thanks for his tenure as Prince of Elwynn and for him being true to his ideals and his agenda in all which he did as Prince.

Prince Jacobus was preceded by Elijah Ayreon's second term. We remember the deeds and words of Elijah and we will cherish them.

Between Prince Elijah's terms, we had Prince Andrew Allot as Prince. We remember his words and love of Elwynn and we cherish these as well. May he return to us, we pray.

We also remember Prince Nathan. He died in these chambers when defending Elwynn. He died with his love, Elijah, in his arms. For his loyalty and devotion to his principles, for his love for humanity and Elwynn, he was allowed by the Gods to return to the living, where he is today. We honour him and are thankful for what he has done and continues to do for us.

We remember Prince Daniel who also died when opposing tyranny. We are thankful for what he has done for our nation and his preachings which led to the succession of good Princes in Elwynn.

And now, Elwynn is reunited, we also remember the Duke of Elwynn during the time of separation. We are grateful for his caring of Elwynn during the time of separation and for his generosity in making sure Elwynn would be reunited once more.

We remember the Princes and mourn the fallen among them. We celebrate what they have done for us.

My tenure now begins, and you will know, Senators, that I will be loyal and true to Elwynn for as long as you will have me or that my body and mind will allow.

I will submit proposals to the Senate for the reorganization of the State.

I will enquire for a change in the citizenship laws of Elwynn.

I will continue to guard the security and freedoms of Elwynn and the Elwynnese people while never forgetting the rights and freedoms which other people ought enjoy.

I will continue with advancing the Elwynnese culture and languages, Elw included, and submit legislation for the role of the Elw and other Elwynnese languages in Elwynn, and the nationalization of the People's Academy.

I will work for a settlement in the issues with Albion and Tirlar. I will work for continued relations with out brethren in Amokolia, Hurmu and Normark.

There is no oath that an Elwynnese prince must take to enter office, but I wish to give you an oath anyway. I, Deimos Jasonides, do therfore solemnly promise and affirm that I, having been elected Prince of Elwynn, will bear full allegiance and fealty to the Elwynnese Nation and to its constitution, and that I shall at all times do nothing that is injurious to the People of Elwynn, their rights and freedoms or the constitution.

Thank you, Senators, I look forward to working with you.
Deimos Jasonides| Деймоос Ясооннаи | Deimoos Jasoonnai
Grand Officer of the Holy Order of the Strait of Barbary
Former Prime Minister of the State of Talenore
Former Sovereign Prince of Elwynn

Just another Ric

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

Hear, Hear!
1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North