Logbook of the Cabbage Czar

The elusive Kitanians of the fields and their feline mounts.

Moderator: [Jingdao] Guanchang

Warner Barentsz

Logbook of the Cabbage Czar

Post by Warner Barentsz »

A large file lies on the desk of Warner Barentsz, it read "Logbook of the Cabbage Czar, a detailed record of the activities undertaken in order to promote the study and use of everyone's favorite Brassica, kept for future presentation to Her Niftiness to convince her that this subject deserves Imperial support, the future of Micras depends on it, cabbage is the alpha and the omega."

Warner Barentsz

Re: Logbook of the Cabbage Czar

Entry 0001: 5022 ASC - Eliria, Cabbage Coast

On this date I visited the Tourism, Immigration and Nationality Office of the Elwynnese Union. While the annexation of Elwynn into the Imperial Republic is not yet finished there is no time to lose. The bombing of Nosquam left the cabbage fields of Northern Absentia intact but it is unclear how these fields are now conserved, I need to inspect these fields, take photographs, take samples of seeds used and document farming methods. If at all possible I should try to regain ownership of these fields but that might prove hard. The Prince of Elwynn who is also considered a major figure in the Absentias has stated that I was welcome and that he wishes to revitalize the economy of Northern Absentia. He could however not grant me the right to do more than a short term survey.

I traveled to Northern Absentia by way of La Roche-Derrien where I took the ferry to Jessvillia. From Jessvillia I took the road to the Cabbage Coast and I spoke to the farmers. As I feared the guards instated by my father had all left the area and it had been overtaken by local farmers who were not familiar with modern farming methods. I shared a meal of zuurkool with the farmers and experienced the sense of brotherhood one always finds when one encounters others who do not only grow cabbage in the fields, but also in the fields of their hearts. We laughed we cried, but the important thing is that they allowed me to gather as many seeds as I could if I would teach them. We hugged when we said goodbye and wished each other a beautiful harvest. The primary result of this trip is that I have made contact with farmers on one of the most crucial areas for the future of cabbage, the secondary result of this trip is that I have gathered seeds from the field where the famous cabbage that invalidated the former Prince of Elwynn were grown and I am reasonably sure that the seeds I now possess will allow me to grow an almost exact copy of this plant, the tertiary result of this trip is that I have been able to accurately map temperature and air moisture content of Cabbage Coast, this data will prove to be invaluable for the greenhouses I am planning to set up here in Kitanus Fields.

Warner Barentsz

Re: Logbook of the Cabbage Czar

Entry 0002: 5022 ASC - Lunaris

On this date a can of 'Lunatic Ecstacy' was gifted to His Sobriety the Count of Lunaris, which was well received. This product is a delicious refreshing cabbagedrink which will give those who drink it a different look on reality. All cabbage used to create this premium psycabbage was grown in the County of Lunaris using local varieties. Primary purpose of this visit was to reinvigorate the love the people of Lunaris already have for Brassica, His Sobriety has commended the beverage, secondary purpose of this visit was to convince the Count that Barentz Cabbage should continue its operations in the lowland areas surrounding Mejor. The tertiary purpose of this visit was to inspect the fields owned by Barentz Cabbage near Mejor, they were found to be in good condition and adequate techniques were used to farm them, small enhancements were made to the techniques for the purpose of efficiency. A small meal of psycabbage was shared as was the feeling of brotherhood among those who grow cabbage.

Return to “County of Kitanus Fields”