Arrival of a new Prince

The central territory, historically of Aryalok culture.

Moderators: Aryeztur, [Jingdao] Guanchang

Flavius Myksos

Arrival of a new Prince

Post by Flavius Myksos » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:47 am

On first sight it seemed to be a day as every other day for the citizens of Asha - which by the royal court had been renamed to Aryashtnagar -, the new capital of Aryasht. However, the market places which were usual filled with hundreds - if not thousands - of interested purchasers and shouting merchants were now almost empty.
The quay at the harbour, however, was full of people who were pushing each other so they could get the best place to see the ship that had arrived in the harbour early in the morning. Hundreds of ladies, clothed in typical Aryashzi clothes stood next to the women who were dressed in typical Audente clothes. They nodded to each other and the youngest among them seemed to fight for the attention of the person who soon would arrive. Even the men - some clothed in their finest Aryashzi clothes, others in the typical Audente tunic which was only worn for special occasions, were a bit taken aback by the behaviour of their otherwise relative peaceful daughters, wife or nieces.
It was an extraordinary view for those who weren't born or raised in the capital: since the creation of Asha as capital under the reign of Prince Aryanath Mahesh, several Audentes had come to live here. The dowry from Dutch Flavius Myksos for the only daughter of the Prince, had become an investment in the building of several of the palaces and monuments of the southern capital. Tons of Kildarian artists had found their way towards Asha and had tried to create a city with monuments in both typical Aryashtzi and Kildarian style. The result was that both Kildari - mainly Audentes - and Aryashtzi had come to live together in the centre of power.

On the quay, a fat clerk who seemed to be the leader of the royal household, tried to order his guards to push the people back to make some more room. Sweat flowed from his head, which he tried to wipe off with such fast movements that it looked like his life depended upon it.
Finally, when the crowd had calmed down a bit and the guards had made some room, a large rowboat reached the quay. A man in full armour, guarded by two Magical Knight at both sides, stepped on shore and walked with large steps towards the fat clerk while ignoring the people who shouted to him to get his attention.

"Lord Yammur, I presume?" he said, "As you probably know: I am Titus Myksos, first son to Flavius the First of His Name of the House Myksos and princess Arohi Mahesh. I heard that my grandfather fell ill and has summoned me?"
Dutch of the Dutchy of Kildare.
Dominator of the Eastern Empire by the Grace of Cato and the Kaiser.

Thadeus Laing
Sea Elf, Sea Elf Run

Re: Arrival of a new Prince

Post by Thadeus Laing » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:14 pm

Greetings to Lord Titus Mahesh-Myksos and his entourage. :herman:

Aryeztur

Post by Aryeztur » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:11 pm

:herman:
The Great King, King of Kings, King of the World

Flavius Myksos

Post by Flavius Myksos » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:16 pm

Yammur nodded to the man who soon would succeed the Prince on the Throne. The young Kildarian had his eyes fixated on him like he was a prey which had to be devoured after a hunt. The thought alone made the fat man sweat even more than usual. For that reason alone he was relieved when Titus seemed uninterested in any small talk and made it clear that he wanted to be brought to the Imperial Palace as soon as possible.

"You know, Yammur," whispered Titus in the clerks ear while they were walking through the crowd that had gathered, "If everything goes as planned, the East will never be the same again."
The grin on the young noble's face made Yammur shiver and the thought that he would very likely not even see that moment that Titus was speaking about crossed his mind. The future Prince looked to him with an even wider grin when he noticed the panic in the clerks eyes.
"But yeah, perhaps you will never see that moment anyway," he continued, while he marched forward with a face that seemed like he had just told a little joke to a good friend.

Flavius Myksos

Post by Flavius Myksos » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:07 pm

"Hah! My grandson has finally arrived. Welcome, boy! Welcome, boy!" the old Prince motioned with his hand that Titus should come closer to his bed. "How is it in that 'Eastern Empire' of yours?"

Even when lying down in his bed, which was a beautiful example of Aryashzi workmanship (a wooden deer stood proud above the head of Prince Aryanath), the old man had the arrogant grin which was typical for an Aryashzi who had lived throughout the more turbulent years of Kildarian-Aryashtzi diplomatic affairs. The relative peaceful co-existence between the two States was perhaps a fact on paper - despite certain remaining conflicts in Norfolk and cities with a mixed population - but the older people still remembered the troublesome times in which news had reached them that Dutchess Sophia - grandmother of Titus - had ordered the death of thousands of 'heretics' in Norfolk, regardless of their descent.
Titus sighed from relief at the thought that the marriage of his grandmother with the former prince, Choygal, and later the marriage between the daughter of the current Prince - his own mother - and his father, Flavius, had paved the way for better relations. That there had only been two murder attempts on his life on the way from the harbour to the palace, and that they had failed miserably, proved that most people were at worst a little bit annoyed to see a Myksos come ashore in their own capital.

"Hehe. Father is still annoyed that some of your nobles call the whole east - including this State - 'Eastern Empire' instead of just recognising him as ruler over it all. Just before I left the City, I heard him shout at one of his spies who had told him that one of your representatives at his Court had said something likewise while being drunk. Then it suddenly became very... err... quiet."

"He shopped his head of, didn't he?" asked Aryanath without even raising his eyebrows.

Titus sighed. "Yeah, he shopped the spy's head off..."

"Heheh... *cough* hehe... *cough... It's a... *cough*... miracle that Kildare still has a secret service with the temper that your beloved daddy has."

The grin on the old man's face hadn't disappeared, but the coughs and the worried glances from the servants made it clear that the Prince wouldn't live much longer.

"You know, my dynasty will end with my death, Titus," he said through the coughing, "but you share my blood, just like your mother does. With that you have the... *cough* right on the throne. I have decided to not wait till my God, or your Germania will take me away. I will resign today, grant you the throne and live my last days in peace."

With that a servant came forward with a decree, which just waited to be signed. The last great deed of Prince Aryanath...

Aryeztur

Post by Aryeztur » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:09 pm

...who signed it.

Flavius Myksos

Post by Flavius Myksos » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:56 am

*An evil laugh coming from Apollo City is heard even in Aryadesh.*

( :wink: )

Thadeus Laing
Sea Elf, Sea Elf Run

Post by Thadeus Laing » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:11 pm

Hurray for our new Prince! :yay:

Flavius Myksos

Post by Flavius Myksos » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:23 pm

Titus waved from the balcony to his people. A new, hopeful prosperous time should start for the East. But first, he would return to Apollo City... where his father surely had a nice gift for him.

Aryeztur

Post by Aryeztur » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:02 pm

"Try not to screw up too much," Aryanath Mahesh murmured as he sped to his hill-station retreat.

Flavius Myksos

Post by Flavius Myksos » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:30 pm

"Wise words of a wise grandfather. A pity he's gone now..."

"But he isn't gone, Your Majesty." responded a clerk.

"A pity he's gone now..." Titus repeated.

Aryeztur

Post by Aryeztur » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:13 pm

The subjects of Aryasht demand you undergo Vedic rites of initiation into the Dinilahi religion of Aryasht.

Flavius Myksos

Post by Flavius Myksos » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:21 pm

Aryeztur wrote:The subjects of Aryasht demand you undergo Vedic rites of initiation into the Dinilahi religion of Aryasht.
I assume that you will prepare the rites, so I can join you in the temple?

Aryeztur

Post by Aryeztur » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:36 pm

It is prepared.

Flavius Myksos

Post by Flavius Myksos » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:01 pm

For a moment, Titus is shocked: such a nice fire but no criminals to sacrifice upon it? What kind of people lets such a nice pyre go to waste?

He sighs almost unnoticeable and starts participating.

Return to “Aryadesh”