Epigraphy of Aryasht

The central territory, historically of Aryalok culture.

Moderators: Aryeztur, [Jingdao] Guanchang

Aryeztur

Epigraphy of Aryasht

Post by Aryeztur »

It is extremely common for rulers, wealthy individuals, and others to leave public statements carved or inscribe onto rocks or metal sheets/pillars. Aryasht is literally dotted with millions of such inscriptions. For the traveler, it is a delight to wander around the pleasant, idyllic countryside and read the various inscriptions that vary from simply making a statement of existence to business transactions to those erotic in nature. There are even trails of inscriptions for tourists to follow from one place to another reading similar themed inscriptions or those written by the same person.

The most famous and one of the earliest inscriptions is the Aryanath I (Aryeztur I) inscription, written in pure gold carved on a 10 by 10 solid diamond cube in a lapis lazuli plaza in the center of Mahapur, know as the Mahainskription (Great Inscription) and is thought to have started the trend. It beings, famously:
I am the Lord of the Arya [Aryanath], first king, foundation king, rock of my people, king of kings, great king, emperofrir, lord of the seas and mountains, master of the deserts and forests, slayer of evil, friend of gods, upholder of righteousness, an upright man, just, merciful, river to his people. I have conquered the four corners of the world and am lord of the north, south, east, and west. I have established the great city [Mahapur] for my people, to be the center of the world, to be the pivot of the universe. I have established the great nation, the glorious empire, the noble state [Arya Rashtra, Aryasht] and this monument will bear inscription to that for all time.
The Great King, King of Kings, King of the World

Hadrian Myksos
Lord of the Fries

Re: Epigraphy of Aryasht

Post by Hadrian Myksos »

I really love this tradition. I was considering moving the Mahainskription to Apollo City when I first read this, but that would most likely lead to riots. :twisted:
Hadrian Myksos

"Extra Siseram nulla salus, extra Germaniam nulla vis"

Jonas

Aryeztur

Post by Aryeztur »

We should get one built in Apollo City!
The Great King, King of Kings, King of the World

Hadrian Myksos
Lord of the Fries

Post by Hadrian Myksos »

Aryeztur wrote:We should get one built in Apollo City!
Hear! Hear! But for who? :doc:

*Already starts with collecting coins to invest.*
Hadrian Myksos

"Extra Siseram nulla salus, extra Germaniam nulla vis"

Jonas

Return to “Aryadesh”