Rewriting Jingdaoese history

Moderator: [Jingdao] Guanchang

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Rewriting Jingdaoese history

Post by Jonas »

I would like to propose that we reboot our national history. What I envision with this is:
1. that we focus on the Apollonian continent. As both our current home and (according to our legends) place of origin, I would find it more interesting to write about how the 'nation' developed through the ages.

2. This requires us to pretend that 'Jingdao' has always been here, in some form or another. Compare this with how Ancient China claims to date back to the Xia dynasty (2070 BC): those people, throughout the ages, didn't always refer to them as 'Chinese'. That's an interpretation which only came into existence in more recent history. I think we can do the same (in typical Jingdaoese fashion).

3. It should focus on continuity and a mix between old stories and (fictional and real) history and our new ones.

4. As Kildare always claimed to be the birthplace of ancient civilisation, I would take the start of the reign of the Ying Emperor (4th century bAN) as 'begin point' of the first civilisation in the Antya region. The period between then and the first Apollontean states (1141 AN) is rather long and gives room for a lot of Jing Emperors and myths.

On a certain moment, the Jing left the lands and move to Cibola. I was thinking about introducing 'dynasties' (as interpreted by current-day historians): the early Jing / Apollontean / Kildarian / Myksos dynasties, with now the Greater Jing dynasty in charge.

The return of the Jing could be compared to the Manchu invasion in China. The Kildarian or Myksos dynasty got toppled. All leaders from earlier periods will receive the title of emperor posthumously (not Heavenly Light).

I'm aiming to link our stories with those of the Shirerithians and other peoples (as far as relevant), but - of course - with a typical Jingdaoese interpretation. For example: the fictional demise of Khaz Modan could be seen as a divine punishment, etc. (I should have a talk with Ardy about this stuff if I want to go deeper into this stuff). I was thinking about writing some more mythical stories, like in Game of Thrones (the Long Night, etc.).
Important characters:
Frederik Alfons des Vinandy-Paravel, King of Batavia
Joseph Bartholomeus des Vinandy-Windsor, Prince-Regent of Batavia
Jin San, Diwang of Jingdao, Duke of Kildare

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Re: Rewriting Jingdaoese history

Post by Jonas »

The so-called dynasties:

1. The Empire of the Glorious Sun: 1462bAN - 351bAN: a mythical realm preceding the Empire of the Pure Path (Jingdao). Rival of the Empire of Khaz Modan (1211bAN – 0bAN).
- Perhaps a story about how the Empire sent out a Great Fleet to crush the Khaz Modan, but which was crushed, which uttered its demise and the rise of the Ying Emperor in 351bAN.

2. Empire of the Pure Path (Jingdao): 351bAN - present:

a) The Zuxiang Dynasty (351 bAN - 264)
b) The Wangzi Dynasty (265 - 987)

c) Youya Dynasty (987 - 1451): the 'elegant' (Airosamente) dynasty: seen as a period in which several states attempt to gain power. We will view the leaders of Apollo City as 'Emperors', even if they lack the power.

d) Jierdai Dynasty (1451 - 1623): the Kildarian dynasty.

e) the Greater Jing / Erasmii Dynasty (1623 - present)
Important characters:

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Post by Jonas »

The Ying Emperor achieved success in reorganising the people of the Empire and united its Eight Tribes under his rule:

1. The Jing, from who he himself descended.
2. The Heishi Tribe (Blackrockians): their warrior code was admired by all.
3. The Daermati Tribe (Dalmacijans).
4. The Youya Tribe (Audente / Apollanteans): this tribe would eventually grow to prominence and dominate the Realm's politics between 987 and 1451 AN.
5. Feidao Tribe (Flying Islanders / Jasonians): this tribe would soon move to the islands west of the isle of Carolgongyan, where the isles would magically be raised into the air.
6. The Gong Tribe: seafarers who eventually settled on Tie Gong.
7. The Melangian Tribe: the tribe of cloud whisperers. Their ancestors were believed to rule the sky and be able to influence the weather, making them invaluable assets to a growing empire.
8. The Badawei Tribe: predecessors of the Batavians, whom travelled westwards.
Important characters:

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Post by Jonas »

I'm going to make some work on splitting up our nation's and people's history:
- The main page of Jingdao will focus on the accomplishments of the Great Jing Dynasty while it owned/owns Apollonia.
- A page will be dedicated to the history of the Jingdaoese (before the liberation of Kildare): its moves across Cibola and eventually the Six Isles (our Far Eastern Territories).
- I will also start writing separate pages for the dynasties which governed before the Great Jing. It will, of course be written from a Jing viewpoint in an attempt to make it look like Jingdao - in one for or another - has always been in those lands.

Perhaps it's best comparable with 'China': even if it broke apart in hundreds of little states and changed dynasties, it still is seen as 'China'.
Important characters:

Raz
The Mikado, as played on catgut strings

Post by Raz »

That sounds like an excellent idea, and long overdue as well! ;)

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Post by Jonas »

The dynasties on a time table:

Important characters:

Return to “Great Temple of the Heavenly Light”