Football teams

Fine Saxon beer is best served in large quantities, serving it to you is one of our best qualities. Some people come here to discuss politics, others to fight. Last man standing was right.

Moderator: [Jingdao] Guanchang

DES Senya

Football teams

Post by DES Senya »

So currently Jingdao fields several different teams in the FMF football world. They are the Apollonian Republic (who are on the verge of qualifying for the upcoming Copa Apollonia in Lakkvia), Gong, Nessus, River Warriors and Tyrenia.

I think as some of these teams appear from an outsider's point of view to be correct, I think that there should be a re-shuffle.

From what I can see, the River Warriors, Gong & Tyrenia look fine to retain their FMF memberships, and I think Nessus could just be succeeded by Norfolk, but I was wondering whether Naród Seaski, Vervollkomnung, Batavia, Dalmacija, Greater Bosania and Eblis-Rulak should also have seperate teams.

The FMF is quite keen on the idea of having the seperate states retain seperate teams, but we wondered what your opinion would be?
Barnaby Hands

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Re: Football teams

Post by Jonas »

Ha Barnaby, good that you ask, because you certainly have a point. I also think that letting the States play separated is more interesting (more teams = more fun). The Apollonian Republic team would most likely be succeeded by Naród Seaski.
Important characters:
Frederik Alfons des Vinandy-Paravel, King of Batavia
Joseph Bartholomeus des Vinandy-Windsor, Prince-Regent of Batavia
Jin San, Diwang of Jingdao, Duke of Kildare

Craitman

Post by Craitman »

Just as a by-the-bye, this isn't official correspondence from the FMF, so there's no guarantee that all Jingdaoese states will be granted individual national teams. If anything, we'd be more keen on a unified Jingdao team returning to the fold, with just any autonomous territories retaining teams separate from that one :)
Craitman H. Pellegrino, King of Craitland
COH, CrA, GKOC, GKRB, HGH, KHL, KOD, KY, NM, OCC, ONSGK, OSJ, SJSJ, SOB, WSA
Administrator General of the MCS
FMF President
Lord of Humour

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Post by Jonas »

Craitman wrote:Just as a by-the-bye, this isn't official correspondence from the FMF, so there's no guarantee that all Jingdaoese states will be granted individual national teams. If anything, we'd be more keen on a unified Jingdao team returning to the fold, with just any autonomous territories retaining teams separate from that one :)
But all our territories are more or less autonomous... depending on the mood of the Heavenly Light. =p
Important characters:

Craitman

Post by Craitman »

Touché. Well, if the Heavenly Light does desire for changes to be made to the current Jingdaoese teams, we're open to either approach. Or even the status quo, even though it's not entirely correct :P
FMF President
Lord of Humour

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Post by Jonas »

Craitman wrote:Touché. Well, if the Heavenly Light does desire for changes to be made to the current Jingdaoese teams, we're open to either approach. Or even the status quo, even though it's not entirely correct :P
What we could do: an united team: the Apollonian Republic team / Kildare team could represent Naród Seaski, Vervollkomnung and Dalmacija.
The Batavians will have their own team, but this will be shared with Bosania. Eblis-Rulak could be put together with Norfolk (the Nessus team).
Important characters:

Craitman

Post by Craitman »

That sounds like a pretty reasonable and logical separation to me :)

Just to clarify for official FMF terminology and stuff:
Retain the Apollonian Republic name, or change to Kildare to reflect the change in territory represented?
Batavia and Bosania: just use the Batavian flag, or some sort of combination?
Nessus: retain the name to show a greater area than Norfolk is represented, and also use the same flag still?

Just so you know, these changes will go ahead once all the teams have completed their participation in the 2016 season's tournaments. So if the Apollonian Republic qualify for the Copa Apollonia, things will stay the same until August, then be changed...
FMF President
Lord of Humour

Return to “Kroeg Herman IV”