Explaining recent events

A macabre Gothic kingdom in southern Cibola, ruled by a pair of (mostly) benevolent liches: welcome to Leichenberg, where the dead walk the streets and the trains run on time.

Moderator: (Leichenberg) Necrarchs

Sisera B.E.

Explaining recent events

Post by Sisera B.E. »

A LETTER EXPLAINING RECENT EVENTS

Dear Max,

You may have noted that the Principality of Wahlstadt was recently annexed into the Kingdom of Saxony. If I know you correctly this might have unnerved you, with this letter I hope to relieve you of any fears of irredentism. The Kingdom of Saxony holds no claim to territories held by the Kingdom of Leichenberg. Wahlstadt was recently attacked by the Natopian devil whose sole mission it has always been to harm the sovereignty of other nations, disguising himself as a neutral official of the MTO he tried to steal the South Batavian waters, as Chancellor of Natopia he brutally murdered part of our population in order to retrieve the body of a criminal that was already offered to him. Our so-called friends of the Dominion did nothing to help us, in fact they made it very clear they were on the hands of the Natopians. The Principality of Wahlstadt had to act swiftly to protect its people and due to the personal union between Wahlstadt, Saxony and South Batavia this was by far the easiest solution. The people of Wahlstadt will continue to live in freedom in their Principality, now protected by the might of the Saxon military.

And so it has been dictated by Her Imperial Highness the Princess of Wahlstadt to her loyal and meticulous scribe in the city which bears the Principality's name in the thirteenth day of the fourth month of the first year of this reign.

Max von Rossheim

Re: Explaining recent events

Post by Max von Rossheim »

Dear Sisera,

My apologies for not having replied sooner to your letter. I have been away from the Kingdom for most of the last month and it would appear that instead of being forwarded to me in Sangun, your letter has been sitting in my in-tray all that time. I blame the vagaries of traditional mail, personally.

I appreciate being kept informed of recent developments in Wahlstadt, but there really is no need to reassure me. Although I do find it difficult to discern the logic underlying certain of your policies- particularly your apparent obsession with regulating biological reproduction, when one could as easily replace it entirely with a more enlightened technological approach- what happens within Wahlstadt's borders is not my business...provided any effects and consequences remain confined within those borders.

I trust that clarifies my position adequately and I hope this letter finds you in good health.

Max
大屍三郡皇
Max I
King of Leichenberg

Sometime Emperor of Sangun

Return to “Kingdom of Leichenberg”