MTO General Membership Resolution

Moderator: Malliki

Malliki

MTO General Membership Resolution

Post by Malliki »

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Trinity Council, I present to you the following resolution that has passed the Chamber of Representatives 317-82.
Micras Treaty Organisation General Membership Treaty Ratification Resolution

RECOGNIZING that the Free State of Sanilla now is a truly independent and sovereign state,

AFFIRMING the will of the peoples of Sanilla to live in peace and friendship with our Micran neighbors, and

ACKNOWLEDGING that the Micras Treaty Organisation is an important organisation to ensure Micran security and peace.

The Federal Assembly of the Free State of Sanilla hereby RESOLVES that the Xonuti is empowered by the Federal Assembly to sign and ratify the General Membership Treaty of the Micras Treaty Organisation. The Xonuti shall report to the Trinity Council regarding the progress of the ratification process.
I propose that debate on this issue shall be opened.
Malliki Tosha
Acting Xonuti of the Free State of Sanilla
Poluti Poki'i of Sanilla

Malliki

Re: MTO General Membership Resolution

Post by Malliki »

As leader of the East Sanillan delegation to the Trinity Council, Acting Xonuti and Poluti Poki'i, I consider the passage of this resolution as pretty self evident. I call on the East Sanillan delegation, as well as the other delegations, to express their support or disagreement with this resolution.
Malliki Tosha
Poluti Poki'i of Sanilla

Elijah Ayreon

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

MADAMA VINFETTO:

Cari Delegati! I rise, on behalf of the delegation of Amarr, to support the resolution by the acting Xonuti. I wish to take the opportunity to discuss any further ratifications within the MTO treaty system. The Chamber has not yet considered them but at least we could take the opportunity to discuss any willingness to accede to MTO treaties, the Convention on the Commonwealth Court (sic) for example, the Law of the Seas Convention and the Non-Aggression Treaty.
Elijah Ayreon-Dariolin of Waffle-Paine (no longer with us)

Ric.

Vilhelm Benkern

Post by Vilhelm Benkern »

As representative of Highpass, I am unable to express anything but the most profound support for this resolution. I also applaud the contributions of the sensuous leader of the Amarri delegation. The Sanillan Free State is at a crucial point in our national history, and we must garner the support and recognition of as many of the great states of Micras to assist us in fully establishing our sovereign rights over this new island of promise. Membership in the MTO is an excellent first step and will give us a voice on the international stage. A voice first, and then a sword! We must look to establish alliances and to arm ourselves - I believe before the exodus there was talk of a government contract with an esteemed moustachioed effendi.

:drunk:
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon
Dirigent of Musica, Count of Mar Sara
In Aryasht Prapta Vrteti, former Prince of Aryasht; Zaila Vrteti, Norfolknath
In Elwynn Benjamin Sebasokrator Timothy Quentin Kern, Duke of Raikoth
In Khalypsil Representative of the Wisdom

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

I move that debate on this resolution be closed on November 1, 12.00 UTC and that we then move to the tallying of the votes.
Malliki Tosha
Poluti Poki'i of Sanilla

Elijah Ayreon

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

Vinfetto seconds.

By the way, can't we all just say how many voted in either direction from each of our delegations? :-D

Ric.

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

That is the general idea, but I want to allow some time for each delegation to decide on their numbers. I need to talk with Zand for instance.
Malliki Tosha
Poluti Poki'i of Sanilla

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

I now call for the tallying of the votes.

The East Sanillan delegation forms a huddle, whispering ensues

The seven councillors from East Sanilla in the Legislative Committee returns the following result:

6 AYE
1 ABSTAIN
0 NAY

No East Sanillan councillor has voted to defer the issue to the Trinity Council.
Malliki Tosha
Poluti Poki'i of Sanilla

Elijah Ayreon

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

From Amarr the tally is:

In favour: 5
Against: 0
Blank votes: 0

Two members of the delegation did not take part in the voting.

Ric.

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

Honorable Councillor, did any of the 21 councillors from Amarr vote to defer the issue to the Trinity Council?
Malliki Tosha
Poluti Poki'i of Sanilla

Elijah Ayreon

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

Uh no. I don't think the presiding officer's statement that there would be any such opportunity was heard by any of the Amarrese delegation here but we do know that the simultaneous interpretation has been acting up lately. Let's just ignore it, shall we? :joker:

Ric.

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

I declare this measure to have passed.
Malliki Tosha
Poluti Poki'i of Sanilla

Vilhelm Benkern

Post by Vilhelm Benkern »

The Highpass delegation is currently in conference on this and many other issues. One such issue is how to form a party which represents

as well as

Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon
Dirigent of Musica, Count of Mar Sara
In Aryasht Prapta Vrteti, former Prince of Aryasht; Zaila Vrteti, Norfolknath
In Elwynn Benjamin Sebasokrator Timothy Quentin Kern, Duke of Raikoth
In Khalypsil Representative of the Wisdom

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

Well, there is no requirement that all councillors belong to the same party. You can for example appoint a delegation that is proportional to the makeup of your provincial parliament.
Malliki Tosha
Poluti Poki'i of Sanilla

Emir of Raspur

Post by Emir of Raspur »

Vilhelm Benkern wrote:The Highpass delegation is currently in conference on this and many other issues. One such issue is how to form a party which represents

as well as

Strikes me as being the basis for a stable and long term power sharing arrangement. :babkhan:

Return to “Trinity Council”