Discussion: Things We'd Rather People Didn't Do.

Moderator: Hesam Jayatar

Hesam Jayatar

Discussion: Things We'd Rather People Didn't Do.

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

I'm sort of getting the idea that Meekras is an opt-out rule-set. We have some guidelines that it would be nice if people followed, but we also make no promises about the repercussions. Scott recently wrote a post about tnt and it sort of made me think that his wording fits pretty well for what we're after. So I thought maybe we could have a "Things We'd Rather People Didn't Do." thread. I've got a few:

- Please don't use anything that blows stuff up. If you absolutely must, it should only be for creative reasons (ie landscaping etc..) and it would be sort of nice if you could let people know.

- Please don't burn things. Fire is fun, and we all enjoy the fact that we can cook food with it and illuminate our encampments to keep bears and jackals away, but please don't use fire in minecraft to burn things like forests, villagers, wool. If you absolutely must, it should only be used for creative reasons (ie decoration) and it would be sort of nice if you could safety-check it before lighting it on fire.

- These two points bring up something else: the "creative reasons clause." Please don't be a dick and force a hard definition of "for creative reasons" by claiming you blew up three regions "for creative reasons." We're trying to avoid being pedantic and stupid about this stuff.

Gerk

Re: Discussion: Things We'd Rather People Didn't Do.

Post by Gerk »

Pretty sure fire doesn't burn anything anymore anyway. I forget who told me, but I tested it, and it wasn't spreading or destroying blocks last time I was on.
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
~Sherlock Holmes

The character of Gerk ronAnaglea is dead.
My avatar contains (from left to right) the characters of Analis and Rafel.
Click here for my roleplaying Element List.

Return to “Meekras Planetary Summit”