[MTOCLOS] Welcome and Goals

A public forum for conferences hosted by the MTO.
Monty

Re: [MTOCLOS] Welcome and Goals

Post by Monty »

Mordechai B.E. wrote:Could you please rephrase that question? I have no idea what you are saying.
If the Barbary Strait is internationalised, much like what may happen to some Alexandrian waters under a possible treaty, are you saying you would still not agree to any bilateral treaty regarding the rivers?

As for your threat of war, the Empire finds this to be a overreaction and is sure that other members of this conference will find it as such as well. The Empire has not threatened war against Antica or Gralus over the possibility that they may gain traversal rights through the Parribilian Straits around Leifgrad-Baden or against Natopia over the possibility of the acquisition of rights they may gain around Galatia.
Lord Montague

Balarak Alaiaon, Duke of Elwynn, Unifier of the Severed Duchy, Sequestrer of Disharmony

Also operating as Jean Carmichael, Duke of Evreaux, Speaker of the Imperial Assembly.
Oh and Eli Naveh too, Chief of the Ashkenatzan Naval Staff.

In Battle; Unbeatable. In Victory; Unbearable.

Mordechai B.E.

Post by Mordechai B.E. »

If the Strait of Barbary is internationalized we will sink any vessel that enters it without our consent. As declaring the strait international water would be an act of war and so would entering it without permission.
Last edited by Mordechai B.E. on Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mordechai B.E.

Post by Mordechai B.E. »

Monty wrote:As for your threat of war, the Empire finds this to be a overreaction and is sure that other members of this conference will find it as such as well. The Empire has not threatened war against Antica or Gralus over the possibility that they may gain traversal rights through the Parribilian Straits around Leifgrad-Baden or against Natopia over the possibility of the acquisition of rights they may gain around Galatia.
I might have missed the part where Antica tried to use an international organisation to internationalize your waters. Could you point me in the right direction?

Monty

Post by Monty »

I did see the post before the edit, Mordechai, so it is good that you have removed that particular threat.

The Empire has not used the MTO to attempt to internationalise your waters nor do we intend to.
Lord Montague

Balarak Alaiaon, Duke of Elwynn, Unifier of the Severed Duchy, Sequestrer of Disharmony

Also operating as Jean Carmichael, Duke of Evreaux, Speaker of the Imperial Assembly.

Mordechai B.E.

Post by Mordechai B.E. »

All right, how do you want to call it when the MTO unilaterally declares Alexandrian vessels will be able to rape our territorial waters? Because we all know that you will not respect our borders, you have stated in the Imperial Assembly that you might use force if this conference fails. You are a warmonger Monty, even though you sugarcoat your words. But I'm willing to resolve this in a friendly manner outside the MTO.
Jean Carmichael wrote:For the moment the Empire retains ultimate freedom to consider all measures, including forcing the straits. Our current response is to work through the Micras Treaty Organisation to come to some form of resolution to the Straits dispute. source

Monty

Post by Monty »

All options also means the treaty you agreed in principle before you attempted to nationalise the already international strait as well as offering a temporary MOU on the Rivers before this Conference is over. I asked in the Third Consul's Press Office that nations be aware of who has mobilised forces in this dispute and who has not.

Do note that the Empire expressed no reservations to the river rights being discussed in this conference. Do also note that the DeputySecGen has not explicitly ruled out the discussion of riparian agreements. I have noticed in your editorial that you have accused me of having undue influence here as SecGen. If you would like I will publish, with the DepSecGen's approval, the correspondence we have had on this issue which in total amounts to a single message and reply.
Lord Montague

Mordechai B.E.

Post by Mordechai B.E. »

Ah, I was unsure how I should read the part about not wanting to internationalize our waters, but it turns out you think our waters are already international waters. As a sign of good will to His Serene Highness the Prince of Elwynn we will attend this conference but we expect nothing good to come from it.

Return to “Conference Chamber”