The Landsraad Front Gate Front Gate - SCUE

The often renovated, and not infrequently burnt, Prefectoral complex in the capital city of Shirekeep. Charged with the thankless task of civic administration in the most malodorous and ungovernable city ever conceived.

Moderators: (Shireroth) Prefect of Shirekeep, (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser

Vilhelm Benkern

The Landsraad Front Gate Front Gate - SCUE

Post by Vilhelm Benkern »

The guards monitoring the entrance to the Landsraad Front Gate struggled to decipher the ancient texts proffered by the haggard figure attempting access without a Landsraadspersonspass. Ultimately, after much deliberation ("Agha Ben Kern does ring a bell...?"), they erred on the side of caution and told the raving lunatic to present himself to the Ministry of the Interior for registration. Being away so long, the returning prodigal son took their advice, forgetting that even in his day the naturalisation process was normally undertaken several generations in advance so that the creaking bureaucracy might be given a chance.

After filling out Form MLCRAGP1* in quadruplicate and submitting it to four departments located in separate buildings across the sprawling administrative hub in Shirekeep, the veteran realised he was going to miss the day's Landsraad sitting if he waited for his queue ticket. He gave a young urchin a weathered 'nought'een' erb piece to wait for the ticket and queue. The urchin, Pale, initially eyed the leaden coin with deep suspicion, owing to the fact that he had never seen any currency actually used in Shireroth; but he recalled a tale from grampa about a wise wizard, a greedy dragon and a hoard of coins, so made the bet that it was worth waiting on behalf of the strange man if only to give Pale a valid excuse to move around the packed queue and ply zir pickpocketing trade.

Just as the sun went down and the honourable Landsraadspersons began to filter out of the magnificent legislature, Benkern reached his original starting point and began his impassioned address.

Leaving the SCUE is an act of madness - and while that is normally a good reason to pursue a policy in this Imperial Republic, this is no normal matter. The SCUE represents one of the few genuine planks that keep our disparate micronational communities, in theory, linked. Other great nations are fun to quarrel with or plot against, but in the long run, to keep Micras harmonious and prosperous, we must attempt at least to pretend to work together. The SCUE is unlike many failed YAMOs because it does actually fulfill a need, albeit so badly that we have never used it properly. With reform, SCUE can be useful to our nation. Needless to say, the incumbent Administrator is far too qualified for the role, and I hope the Landsraad would agree to nominate him for an exciting opportunity adorning a pike off Raynor's Keep - the sort of role that requires a head like his. But look not at the current state of affairs, but the prospect of future value; do not cast aside this harmless trinket; and do not scorn those who have scrimped and saved, whose personal accounts would be affected by this - especially those, like myself, rarely seen in Shirekeep todaAAÁi---

-- and with that, the old man was struck down by a psychosomatic affliction known commonly in Shirerithian medical circles as Erik's Ego, and an ambulance took him away to be revived by some adequately qualified barber-priest.

*'Landsraads Access - Ancient or Self-Proclaimed Citizenship - Level 3 Administrator Supporting Documentation Missing - General Special Procedure Form P1'
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon
Dirigent of Musica, Count of Mar Sara
In Aryasht Prapta Vrteti, former Prince of Aryasht; Zaila Vrteti, Norfolknath
In Elwynn Benjamin Sebasokrator Timothy Quentin Kern, Duke of Raikoth
In Khalypsil Representative of the Wisdom

Noor bint Daniyal

Re: The Landsraad Front Gate Front Gate - SCUE

Post by Noor bint Daniyal »

You're still Shirerithian, y'know. You can vote :P
Noor as-Salaam
NOOR AS-SALAAM BINT DANIYAL UMRA SULEIMAN AYREON-KALIRION IBN AL-MAJEED AL-OSMAN BIN SATHRATI AF ETTLINGUM FREYU UMM ZAHIR AL-DIN OF WAFFEL-PAINE
Queen of Goldshire, the Elian Lands, Leng, Elwynn, Amokolia and Uppland

Continuator
"The devil in the details"

Post by Continuator »

Noor bint Daniyal wrote:You're still Shirerithian, y'know. You can vote :P
The vagrant can't while he isn't a part of the '(Shireroth) Shirerithians' user group. =p

Still, it was the best conceptualisation of Shirekeep that I've read in a while. Really must do something about those barber-surgeon-priests...

Noor bint Daniyal

Damn Jonas and his antics. He's given us Cedris as kaiser, some other idiot as kaiser I'm sure, exiled Shirerithians...
Noor as-Salaam
NOOR AS-SALAAM BINT DANIYAL UMRA SULEIMAN AYREON-KALIRION IBN AL-MAJEED AL-OSMAN BIN SATHRATI AF ETTLINGUM FREYU UMM ZAHIR AL-DIN OF WAFFEL-PAINE

Continuator

Post by Continuator »

Noor bint Daniyal wrote:Damn Jonas and his antics. He's given us Cedris as kaiser, some other idiot as kaiser I'm sure, exiled Shirerithians...
There are many things for which Jonas should be burnt on an inverted crucifix... not sure of the relevance to this though?

Noor bint Daniyal

He exiled Benkern from the Landsraad!
Noor as-Salaam

Continuator

Post by Continuator »

Noor bint Daniyal wrote:He exiled Benkern from the Landsraad!
Hm... why?

Kaiser Hjalmar Redquill

Post by Kaiser Hjalmar Redquill »

I think it was because he purged those who did not respond to a census during his reign.

Thankfully now that I know how to add people to the user groups, I'll make sure Benkern is added back, along with Malliki if he hasn't been added yet.
KAISER HJALMAR REDQUILL
Kaiser of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth

Kaiser Hjalmar Redquill

Post by Kaiser Hjalmar Redquill »

Try it now, Benkern! Let me know if you still encounter any issues.
KAISER HJALMAR REDQUILL
Kaiser of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth

Vilhelm Benkern

Thankee for your swift action, good Kaiser! It's worked a treat. And my defamation campaign against unsuspecting Jonas continues unabated. :tegong:
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon

Vilhelm Benkern

I've moved this thread to Shirekeep - I've been stripped of admin, but I've retained my Global mod I think - because I'm actually going to keep that kid Pale (I'll edit in a link once I'm done with the post - but it'll be in Hawshire confusingly...)

Return to “Prefect's Keep”