Resolution on the Dirigent

Moderators: (Shireroth) Dude of Yardistan, (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser, (Shireroth) Dirigent of Musica

Mira Raynora Major
Bathtub Philosopher

Re: Resolution on the Dirigent

Post by Mira Raynora Major »

Vilhelm Benkern wrote:If the Machioness wouldn't mind being the dirigible
I'm suddenly reminded of the Futurama episode "The Honking", which features a tombstone with the following inscription:
BLIMPF
Hovermayor of Thermostadt
"I will rise again"
Always liked that... ;)

But I thought you wanted the job?
Mira Raynora the Elder
Queen of Lichbrook, Duchess of Brookshire
Lichgravine of Overdolor, Countess of Caverden and Woodshire
Cedrist Demi-Goddess of Undead and Regional Autonomy

ari
Grim Auxiliator

Post by ari »

Vilhelm Benkern wrote:If the Machioness wouldn't mind being the dirigible, I'm happy for that to be the case. I'm pretty sure Ari hasn't got any interest in continuining to hold the position.
I have fallen in love with the word "Machioness".

Also no, I have no interest in continuing to hold the position (especially since I've given it so little thought that I've apparently forgotten my own agreements... that happens, yeah)
Lord Furniture
Not even partially responsible for Malarboria; will take the blame for Caverden, though!
Tallest and therefore Greatest of the Janitors
Eternal Watcher of #micronations

Mira Raynora Major
Bathtub Philosopher

ari wrote:I have fallen in love with the word "Machioness".
I imagine this is why we have a "Dutch" of Kildare...somebody "fell in love". ;)
Mira Raynora the Elder

Vilhelm Benkern

Post by Vilhelm Benkern »

Musica shall also rise again, utilising helium and other gases. Screw Nelagan concept-locked anti-gravity.

I put myself forward as someone who now has the time to do the job - I'm not too attached to the idea of doing it personally, but someone needs to do it. If you'd like to do it, Anthrazita, I'll happily vote for you.
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon
Dirigent of Musica, Count of Mar Sara
In Aryasht Prapta Vrteti, former Prince of Aryasht; Zaila Vrteti, Norfolknath
In Elwynn Benjamin Sebasokrator Timothy Quentin Kern, Duke of Raikoth
In Khalypsil Representative of the Wisdom

Mira Raynora Major
Bathtub Philosopher

Just to clarify, Anthrazita isn't under consideration; her daughter is. I'm trying to resist the imperative to "do a Ric" and register a new account for Marie Dolores, but if there's too much confusion, I may be forced to relent.
Vilhelm Benkern wrote:I put myself forward as someone who now has the time to do the job - I'm not too attached to the idea of doing it personally, but someone needs to do it. If you'd like to do it, Anthrazita, I'll happily vote for you.
Well...I'd do the job (it's hardly onerous), but I would also feel bad about depriving you of the opportunity, on the grounds that the Rossheim-Maltensteins already have ducal rank. Sooo...in keeping with our tradition of passing the erb, it's really your call. If you want it, I'm happy for you to have it. If you're not bothered (and the rest of you want me), then Dolly will go for it.
Vilhelm Benkern wrote:Musica shall also rise again, utilising helium and other gases. Screw Nelagan concept-locked anti-gravity.
Balloons. Lots of balloons.

Oh dear. I've just had another "vision" (must stop having these): I've always envisaged Dolly as a slightly plump, doll-like little moppet. But now, in keeping with the Dune influences, I'm seeing her as a slightly plump, doll-like little (female) version of Baron Vladimir Harkonnen, hovering about in a suspensor-belt...

I must fit all the Laqi with heart-plugs.
Mira Raynora the Elder

Vilhelm Benkern

I had almost forgotten that the Dirigent acts as 'Duke' for the purposes of representing Musican interests. In that case, in my view it would be better to have less multi-dukes if possible. Let's get me elected!

As for heart plugs, an amendment to procedure of the Concert may be required. Abandon cardiac integrity all who enter here!
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon

ari
Grim Auxiliator

Post by ari »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_nine ... _sphere%29 <- We need more of these on Micras. I was kinda trying to introduce one in Straylight at some point but never really got it to work out.
Lord Furniture
Not even partially responsible for Malarboria; will take the blame for Caverden, though!
Tallest and therefore Greatest of the Janitors
Eternal Watcher of #micronations

Mira Raynora Minor

Post by Mira Raynora Minor »

Vilhelm Benkern wrote:I had almost forgotten that the Dirigent acts as 'Duke' for the purposes of representing Musican interests. In that case, in my view it would be better to have less multi-dukes if possible. Let's get me elected!
Tragically, I would tend to agree with you. I will be available to step in when your balloon is punctured in a freak accident...
As for heart plugs, an amendment to procedure of the Concert may be required. Abandon cardiac integrity all who enter here!
I have no plans to introduce heart plus outside of Modany...and ever there, they are a likely to restricted to public officials.
Mira Raynora the Younger
Queen of Leichenberg

Marchioness and Lichgravine of Lachmodan, Countess of Azarea and Ž

Vilhelm Benkern

Since we have reached something akin to agreement on this point- rather reminds me of judges who mumble, "I agree with the judgment of Lord Rambleon and have nothing further to add"- so unless there are any objections, vote AYE or NAY on the question- Shall Benkern conduct this august body?

Kai Jackson

Post by Kai Jackson »

AYE

Mira Raynora Minor

Post by Mira Raynora Minor »

Aye.

We love you, Benkern. You're not quite Stan, but in his absence you'll just have to do.
Mira Raynora the Younger
Queen of Leichenberg

Marchioness and Lichgravine of Lachmodan, Countess of Azarea and Ž

Vilhelm Benkern

AYE as well; it's been over a week so I declare this vote over. Let the music play!

Elijah Ayreon

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

And I began singing...

O great nation, my great nation
pleas for peace and sovereignty

and felt that this music rendering described the EU very well.

And then I realized that the lyrics were taken from the Caprine Code and not Schiller's text.

*sighs*
Elijah Ayreon-Dariolin of Waffle-Paine (no longer with us)

Ric.

Kai Jackson

Post by Kai Jackson »

Safiria love you, Vilhelm.

Return to “The Concert of Musica”