[Lyhigh] Miss Kizzy's Caper

Moderators: (Shireroth) Duke of Modan and Malarboria, (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser

Kizzy Drakland

[Lyhigh] Miss Kizzy's Caper

Post by Kizzy Drakland »

Kizzy was livid. She had been betrayed by her son and by Nostalgia who fled the country. She had hoped to go after the relic under less dubious circumstances but she had no choice. The day of Kyle's disastrous Lichbrook decrees Kizzy knew she had to leave Lichkeep and left for Citadel by train, to Fortis by hired car, to Jugensk by chartered jet, and finally to Lyhigh by train, all under various aliases.

Kizzy remembered the first time she was in Lyhigh, with her companion Dek, looking for the relic that she was driven to acquire. She held it in her hands back then, and it instantly seduced her. Had she not been trapped in the basement treasury with Lyssansa's guards crawling all over, she would have taken it then. But the city of Lyhigh had not seen its queen in nearly 15 years.

There were still a few aimless peasants still wandering the streets... she couldn't tell if they were undead or not. She asked around who maintained the Palace of the Winds, but only one bothered to respond to her. "No one, that place was ransacked years ago. Nothing's left inside."

Kizzy would not accept that answer. There is no way the relic would have fallen into the hands of a common thief, they wouldn't know to take it. Kizzy then smiled at herself and said out loud, "Well I'm not common," leaving the peasant with a quizzical look.

The long winding path to the castle was unguarded, the gates were indeed hanging off their hinges. She was surprised she could retrace her steps down into the treasury. She entered the room, and she felt the former presence of the Sword of Fire. She vividly remembered holding it in her hands, she remembered the awesome power it had, when she used it... she still doesn't remember if it was an accident or not.

She began searching for the relic, she knew it had to be here. Finally, under a pile of rubble, she found it. Dek's charred remains. She only needed one bone, the sternum, the point of impact from the Sword of Fire. She stepped on the rib cage to break the sternum free, the ribs shattered like dust, leaving just the charred and fire-hardened sternum in her hand.

Ahhhhh yes, I feel the residual power, still inside this bone, my Sword did this, I can feel it. The most recent victim of the Sword of Fire. This room is drenched in the power of the Sword.

"Daemon, are you recovered enough? You will take me to the next relic if you want me to continue to serve you or so help me I will plunge myself onto the Sword of Life in the Temple of Mors and destroy you along with me!"

The voice was silent, then Yes, very well. I can see inside your intentions, and I know you will. You have nothing much to live for anymore. I will tell you where to go...
Kizzy Drakland
Demon-Queen of the Community of Goëtia

Nathan

Return to “Lachmodan”