Dissolve the Federation?

Moderators: (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser, (Shireroth) Dirigent of Musica

Seoni Milharna
It has always been x, and there is no need to change that.

Dissolve the Federation?

Post by Seoni Milharna »

I propose that, in light of its members now possessing full autonomy as Imperial States, the Federation of Musica be dissolved, with the Musican Capital Territory becoming the sole and exclusive property of Yardistan, and the Counties of Monty Crisco and Ž, that is Kralizec, becoming the sole and exclusive property of Lichbrook.
Seoni Miłarna
One of many Hālians

Stellus Yastreb
Looney Tune

Re: Dissolve the Federation?

Post by Stellus Yastreb »

I like this idea (although I'm not a Musican) however it would be good to see the opinion of the Diregent (who is also Duke of Yardistan... I think) expressed before anything is done to this effect.

All you gotta do is find the guy...
Stellus Ryabinevich Dolorvenuk Yastreb
- Count of Lunaris in the Duchy of Goldshire
Head of the House of Yastreb, honoured throughout history as follows: Member of the Order of the Dragon, recipent of the Silver Swan Award (Imperial) recipent of the Order of the Silver Orchid (Elwynn) Knight Comrade of the Order of Mischievous Intent (Yardistan) Arx-Piscator of the Piscatores Alexandrii (Brookshire) Knight of the Nishan-i-Liaqat (Babkha), Paranoid Narcissist (everywhere)

Seoni Milharna

Post by Seoni Milharna »

Not for lack of trying, Mr. Stellus ;)
Seoni Miłarna
One of many Hālians

Kaiser Mors IV

Post by Kaiser Mors IV »

Ž is am island possession of Lichbrook, as far as I know, not connected to Kralizec.

As for the fate of Kralizec and the Musican Capital Territory... although there are certainly historical arguments for assigning them as you suggest, I have the feeling that the Dirigent, who is the primary representative of each, might have something to say about them being separated from each other at this point (again, were he here). :geek:
Mors IV Nerrolar
Once then twice, Kaiser of Shireroth
MORS VOS OMNES CONSERVET, SICUT MORS EUM CONSERVAVIT
Knight Companion of the Most Magnificent Imperial Order of the Sovereign Viking Crown (Stormark; awarded to Mors IV)

Stellus Yastreb
Looney Tune

As long as the welfare of the Hoverkittens is assured... :hovercat:
Head of the House of Yastreb, honoured throughout history as follows: Member of the Order of the Dragon, recipent of the Silver Swan Award (Imperial) recipent of the Order of the Silver Orchid (Elwynn) Knight Comrade of the Order of Mischievous Intent (Yardistan) Arx-Piscator of the Piscatores Alexandrii (Brookshire) Knight of the Nishan-i-Liaqat (Babkha), Paranoid Narcissist (everywhere)

Kaiser Mors IV

Post by Kaiser Mors IV »

Should any threaten the hoverkittens, I will personally cover them in kitty litter. Used kitty litter.
Mors IV Nerrolar
Once then twice, Kaiser of Shireroth
MORS VOS OMNES CONSERVET, SICUT MORS EUM CONSERVAVIT
Knight Companion of the Most Magnificent Imperial Order of the Sovereign Viking Crown (Stormark; awarded to Mors IV)

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

Well then I'd bring a truck load to Elwynn.
Ryker00X
Ryker of the Sovereign Confederation
Head of House Redquill

Aasmund Vigeland
Gnawing Cannibal

Post by Aasmund Vigeland »

Bring some land to Elwynn instead, Ryker!
Elwynn prevails!

Aasmund Vigeland | Аоосмунд Вигыланд
Supreme Commander of the Elwynnese Union Defence Forces
Minister of Military Affairs of the Republic of Shireroth

Mira Raynora Major
Bathtub Philosopher

Post by Mira Raynora Major »

Hmmm...

I see Musica as another of those very interesting ideas that for one reason or another never really achieved its potential. Fond as I am of the quirky symbolism and terminology, the truth is that the Federation isn't much more than that...largely because the particularism of Lichbrook and Yardistan has hindered the formation of a true Musican identity.

So it really is a case of heart versus head. For a long while now, my head has recognised that the Federation is a largely unnecessary extra layer of bureaucracy; however, I still couldn't bring myself to propose what has been proposed here, at least in part because of the Diregent's continued enthusiasm.

Which brings me on to another point: Benkern is probably the Federation's most committed partisan and I'm reluctant to wind it up without either hearing from him, or giving him ample time to return. Speaking as someone who has only recently returned from a long absence, I probably wouldn't have returned at all had the projects close to my heart been discontinued while I was away.
Mira Raynora the Elder
Queen of Lichbrook, Duchess of Brookshire
Lichgravine of Overdolor, Countess of Caverden and Woodshire
Cedrist Demi-Goddess of Undead and Regional Autonomy

Stellus Yastreb
Looney Tune

At the very least, I couldn't see a dissolution of the Federation without the Musica metropolitan area retaining some special status. An autonomous Imperial territory like Kezan, perhaps. Musica is definitely a thing, and has been for some time: to absorb it completely into either Lichbrook or Yardistan would be quite an injustice.

Seoni Milharna

Post by Seoni Milharna »

Why.

In the name of every god and goddess and godling, why.

Musica was perfectly happy being part of Yardistan before the Federation was imposed on it, what makes you think that it would want to be autonomous.
Seoni Miłarna
One of many Hālians

Stellus Yastreb
Looney Tune

Because throughout history, whoever its suzerain, it has been possessed of glorious repute more akin to a city-state than a mere provincial capital.

Regardless: on what it wants, you are no more qualified to pronounce than I. Only the absent Diregent can lift that particular fog.

Seoni Milharna

Post by Seoni Milharna »

I must disagree with you there, Milord Steward.
Seoni Miłarna
One of many Hālians

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

Aasmund Vigeland wrote:Bring some land to Elwynn instead, Ryker!
Oh come now. I was only...
Wait for it...
KITTEN AROUND!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :Joker2: :Joker2: :Joker2: :Joker2: :Joker2: :Joker2: :Joker2: :Joker2: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :8 :8 :8 :8 :8 :8 :8 :8

I hate kids =p
Ryker00X
Ryker of the Sovereign Confederation
Head of House Redquill

Harvey
Ghost of Christmas Past

Post by Harvey »

:lol:

Vilhelm Benkern

Post by Vilhelm Benkern »

Thanks very much for not proceeding without me on this, it's more than I deserve for not telling anybody RL was swallowing me up, but then again as Rossheim says, had all my stuff been erased from the histories while I was away, maybe I would have been angry.

Obviously I am not around to commit as much time to Musica as I have been in the past, therefore I don't want to encumber either of the States it encompasses. It all depends if there is sufficient will from within either State to see an end to this federation. If so, may I suggest one alternative to utterly cleaving the two in twain. Perhaps Lichbrook and Yardistan could be returned to top-level status on the forums, with Musica going underneath Yardistan, while the federation remains a quiet legal entity for the purposes of collaboration between the two states and for joint-ownership of any territories that don't quite fit in either. The Federation could remain intact but simply be visually diminished in importance.

The truth of course is that the Federation was and is a largely unobtrusive overlay on top of the sovereign states that comprise it. With that in mind, I can't see why either state would really like to see it dead, unless they feel culturally/other reasons e.g. other alliance possibilities that it no longer fits. I don't believe that to be the case but I am still catching up on a few months of Shire-reading. :book:

Also... excellent: :kowtow:
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon
Dirigent of Musica, Count of Mar Sara
In Aryasht Prapta Vrteti, former Prince of Aryasht; Zaila Vrteti, Norfolknath
In Elwynn Benjamin Sebasokrator Timothy Quentin Kern, Duke of Raikoth
In Khalypsil Representative of the Wisdom

Vilhelm Benkern

Post by Vilhelm Benkern »

In light of the non-response from the Anarch and the Queen for perfectly understandable reasons, my current position is that we maintain the status quo until we are all awake/active enough to enact the proposals in my above post with some degree of due diligence.
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon
Dirigent of Musica, Count of Mar Sara
In Aryasht Prapta Vrteti, former Prince of Aryasht; Zaila Vrteti, Norfolknath
In Elwynn Benjamin Sebasokrator Timothy Quentin Kern, Duke of Raikoth
In Khalypsil Representative of the Wisdom

Seoni Milharna

Post by Seoni Milharna »

And mine that we return to status quo ante bellum, as it were.
Seoni Miłarna
One of many Hālians

Mira Raynora Major
Bathtub Philosopher

Post by Mira Raynora Major »

My take on the issue is that it is another instance of the head versus the heart. I will own to having grown rather fond of Musica, with its cheery culture, bright flag and pleasingly cacophonous accordion-playing monkey. Unfortunately, behind this hopeful facade there is very little of any real susbstance. It is doubtful whether Lichbrook and Yardistan have much in common beyond their geographical proximity and long history of wrangling over the territories of Nee and Musica itself. Indeed, it is essentially through our generosity of spirit that Yardistani influence now extends over territories, such as Amarr, that have traditionally answered to the Dukes of Brookshire.

Musica was originally conceived as a way to counterbalance the relative power of Elwynn and Kildare, but recent trends have made this something of a moot issue. At the present moment, I can only see our Federation coming into its own in the event of the collapse of the Imperial Government; in such circumstances, co-operation between Lichbrook and Yardistan may prove to be the only way to preserve Shireroth's legacy. However, that is not a situation any right-minded Shirerithian would wish to see, so it seems more efficient to work to prevent that happening instead of planning for the off chance that it does.

Regarding the Diregent's proposal...from a practical standpoint it is probably sensible to restore Lichbrook and Yardistan to top-level. Not only would this make their status clearer, but it would also make it easier to navigate to the states' fora! I also agree that Musica should be preserved in some form...both as a statement of regard for one of the few positive experiments into interstate co-operation to have emerged in recent years and as a potential framework for the future.
Mira Raynora the Elder
Queen of Lichbrook, Duchess of Brookshire
Lichgravine of Overdolor, Countess of Caverden and Woodshire
Cedrist Demi-Goddess of Undead and Regional Autonomy

Stellus Yastreb
Looney Tune

Musica will always be a thing, even if it isn't garnished by a multi-state Federation. The Lunatics of Mesior enjoy a certain amount of good-natured rivalry and banter with their fellow southern Benacian port. Jokes about Musicans get the most laughs at Mesior's stand-up comedy venues - and I'm reliably informed Musica's own comics give as good as they get when discussing Mesior.

:herman:

Return to “Diregency of Musica”