[N-Absentia] Letter to my lord regarding the strange priest

The home island and summer abode of the Raikothin. At it's heart lies the volcanic mountain known as Yaanek, famous in antiquity for the peculiar prophetic utterances of the Priests of Joy situated there.

Moderators: (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser

Simon B.E.

[N-Absentia] Letter to my lord regarding the strange priest

Post by Simon B.E. »

My lord,

I seem not to share your keen insight in the future because something happened this week that I did not foresee. A quadrotor landed next to my mansion in Jessvillia and it brought me a priest. What the name of this priest was I do not know, he had a funny name, like so many of your people. He said he was a Priest of Beauty and tried to evaluate me, I complied but soon got annoyed. He asked questions about astrology, about geography, history and the personal life of famous people of the past. As you know I am a busy man and business is blooming so I put him on the first ship to La Roche-Derrien, only later I discovered that I still had the quadrotor. It looks like a brilliant piece of engineering but I am unsure how to operate it, can you please send an instructor?

Because of our little scheme in Western Elwynn I have not mentioned the affairs in Northern Absentia lately but now that is all a thing of the past I will bring you up to date. The last I have told you was that we had brought all of Northern Absentia under your rule but that Nosquam remained some level of independence. With the cabbage trade flourishing we have however been able to recruit more men into our militia, not only that but we have also gained better arms, including a few modern machine guns. Recognizing the new balance of power on the island Nosquam has agreed to pay a higher tribute to us.

I have been studying theology as well, a sermon on the Seven Racisms has been especially enlightening. It occurred to me that the good citizens of Eliria who hate us because of our cabbage trade are just racists. We, you my lord and myself, we know that they are guilty of sixth degree racism and we can accept this. We know that in the end the only thing that matters is power and wealth. I know we have always believed this but our theology seems to support this. Can you suggest further reading material? I know you to be a very intellectual man.

I think it is also to interest of you to know that we have established armed trading posts in Minâ Dûrtarui and St Jean. The local authorities were not too difficult, easy to persuade. Still, it is always the question how long it will take for the central government to learn about them. In order to minimize risks I have chosen for these trading posts to follow the franchising business model. I feel this might prove to be essential for our long-term expansion. I would however like to know how far I can expand before I reach the areas dominated by your trading posts, it is not my intention to harm your business, never forget that!

I would also like to thank you for promoting me to the rank of count, it will be an honor to serve you as a member of the Hyperborean nobility.

Your loyal servant,

Simon Barentsz-Edward
4946 ASC, Jessvillia

Kvani Neyin

Re: [N-Absentia] Letter to my lord regarding the strange pri

Post by Kvani Neyin »

Please appoint a Steward to govern Northern Absentia in your absence and report immediately to Tala for discussion and probable reassignment. A quadrotor will be sent to transport you.

Elijah Ayreon

Re: [N-Absentia] Letter to my lord regarding the strange pri

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

(haha, you're getting deposed! serves you right for poisoning me!)
Elijah Ayreon-Dariolin of Waffle-Paine (no longer with us)

Ric.

Return to “Raikoth”