New coat of arms for Raikoth

The home island and summer abode of the Raikothin. At it's heart lies the volcanic mountain known as Yaanek, famous in antiquity for the peculiar prophetic utterances of the Priests of Joy situated there.

Moderators: (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser

Kvani Neyin

New coat of arms for Raikoth

Post by Kvani Neyin »

The historic coat of arms of Raikoth was devised by Elder Mikol Rugal almost three thousand years ago. It uses an outdated version of the national flag, uses symbols that no longer resonate with the modern population, and its motto is in a form of Kadhamic so archaic that even most scholars no longer understand it.

Rugal's Arms were created during a time when our arts and culture were much less than today, and does not show off the full artistic talent of the Shining Garden. The arms of both our friends and opponents are admirable, and the Conclave is especially impressed with the Seal of West Elwynn. Therefore the time has come to design a new Coat of Arms to properly represent our people:

The Arms are properly blazoned like so:
On a circular shield Or, a book displaying a Star and Spiral; on a chief Azure above, four bezants in arc reversed issuant from the lower chief a mullet Or, and in the center an Orchid Argent. And for a Crest: on a rainbow wreath an igloo affronty Argent windowed Or and ensigned by the All-Seeing Eye. And for a Motto: "Kelanth aiphos asdaqiske", meaning "All things will proceed as foreseen". And for Supporters: On a compartment dexter of Land set with Arctic poppies, dwarf fireweed, and Arctic heather proper sinister ice floes Argent set on barry wavy Azure and Argent, two rainbow-winged ice bears rampant; the sinister holding a quetzal feather Vert and the dexter holding a quetzal feather Gules.
I also have a version without the wings, in case my fellow Shirerithian nobles believe it looks a little...overdone as it is now. Then again, maybe I should leave it as a warning so that people planning to interact with Raikoth know what they're getting into.

Elijah Ayreon

Re: New coat of arms for Raikoth

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

I like the wings! They add colour and mysticism!

What language is the text in? Kadhamic?
Elijah Ayreon-Dariolin of Waffle-Paine (no longer with us)

Ric.

Orion
Full of shi... err.. stars!

Post by Orion »

I love it! Especially the wings!

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Post by Jonas »

So shiny... :NCU: :NCU:
Important characters:
Frederik Alfons des Vinandy-Paravel, King of Batavia
Joseph Bartholomeus des Vinandy-Windsor, Prince-Regent of Batavia
Jin San, Diwang of Jingdao, Duke of Kildare

Vilhelm Benkern

Post by Vilhelm Benkern »

No such thing as overdone when it comes to Coats of Arms!!
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon
Dirigent of Musica, Count of Mar Sara
In Aryasht Prapta Vrteti, former Prince of Aryasht; Zaila Vrteti, Norfolknath
In Elwynn Benjamin Sebasokrator Timothy Quentin Kern, Duke of Raikoth
In Khalypsil Representative of the Wisdom

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

What language is the text in? Kadhamic?
Well...in the olden days Kadhamic, the holy language, was a very different language from Kalas, the vernacular. If you look at the old historic coat of arms, you'll see Kadhamic. As you can tell, it's written in very different-looking block symbol characters as opposed to the flowing script of Kalas.

Nowadays with the Perfection of the Shining Garden, Kadhamic and Kalas have started to merge. I'm not clear what point that's at yet or if it will ever be completed. But to answer your question, the motto is in the vernacular of Raikoth as it exists today, which is mostly Kalas with some Kadhamic influences.

I will probably change the motto once I think of a more appropriate one. I'm thinking of "Outside the labyrinth", but I'm holding off until I'm sure I can't do better than that.

I'm glad you guys like the wings. I like them too :)

Return to “Raikoth”