Liber B.Âlaion[D] 1589-1599

Moderators: (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser, (Shireroth) Queen in the North

Monty

Ducal Decree #1

Post by Monty »

The Duke of Elwynn hereby decrees:

1. Scott Alexander, wise and austeer sage of the Hyperboreans, is hereby appointed as High Priest of Joy in Hyperborea.

Signed by my hand,

Balarak Alaion
Lord Montague

Balarak Alaiaon, Duke of Elwynn, Unifier of the Severed Duchy, Sequestrer of Disharmony

Also operating as Jean Carmichael, Duke of Evreaux, Speaker of the Imperial Assembly.
Oh and Eli Naveh too, Chief of the Ashkenatzan Naval Staff.

In Battle; Unbeatable. In Victory; Unbearable.

Monty

Ducal Decree #2

Post by Monty »

The Duke of Elwynn hereby announces that a new series of High Laws of Elwynn will be instituted in the coming weeks. These will replace the current High Laws of Elwynn.

Signed by my hand,

Balarak Alaion
Lord Montague

Balarak Alaiaon, Duke of Elwynn, Unifier of the Severed Duchy, Sequestrer of Disharmony

Also operating as Jean Carmichael, Duke of Evreaux, Speaker of the Imperial Assembly.

Spraki

Re: Ducal Decree #2

Post by Spraki »

May I ask the Duke what will be included in the new high laws that are different from the old?
Count Rev Dr Spraki Krumsson Lla'i-Ašura of Azarea
Father of the Kaiseress, Ambassador of the Heavenly Light to the High King of Stormark

Ric from Sweden

Monty

Post by Monty »

Yes.
Lord Montague

Emir of Raspur

Post by Emir of Raspur »

In which case. What will be included in the new high laws that are different from the old?

Monty

Post by Monty »

You didn't have permission to ask, Osmani, but in the spirit of all paranoid evil genius of the past I will indulge you and your curiosity.

The formal integration of ReGreSS into the succession for nobles of Elwynn
Greater power placed in the hands of the Duke and Counts
An enhanced number of titles for the Duke of Elwynn
Enhanced social and human rights of all in Elwynn
Lord Montague

Emir of Raspur

Post by Emir of Raspur »

No, indeed. I tend not to ask for permission. But thank you for your most gratifying answers nonetheless.

Monty

Post by Monty »

I am interested in buying some modern arms, just in case and in light of the Eliria Clique's rumblings. Would your Babkhan company oblige to supply some?
Lord Montague

Emir of Raspur

Post by Emir of Raspur »

I regret very much that I am in this instance informed by the lawyer-wallahs of the House of Osman GmbH that the sale of arms to the regime of the Duchy of Elwynn might be the trigger for a further escalation of tensions and destabilisation in the Upper Elwynn which would be injurious to all those who favour the path of truth, reconciliation and harmony. As gentlemen of pacifistic persuasion I am sure that such thoughts weigh heavily on you just as they do upon me.

Monty

Post by Monty »

That is a shame. Would cold hard SCUE alleviate their concerns?
Lord Montague

Emir of Raspur

Post by Emir of Raspur »

Perhaps if a charter could be granted to certain nondescript and unaffiliated gun-wallahs for an arms bazaar in al-Ribat Eluinshahr then ethical concerns could be assuaged for certain expressions of grace and favour which inexplicably translate from Babki to Elw as cold hard SCUE.

Thadeus Laing
Sea Elf, Sea Elf Run

Post by Thadeus Laing »

It is good to see here an example of micro-national economics in action!

Allot

Post by Allot »

Emir.... :shifty:
H.S.H. Aaden Allot
Prince of Elwynn
Senator for Araxion | Chancellor of the People's Academy

Emir of Raspur

Post by Emir of Raspur »

So it appears the lawyers are not to be appeased on this occasion.

Please accept a pimped culturally-appropriate avatar in lieu of instruments of death.

Monty

Post by Monty »

That is adequate recompense.

I will move to secure weapons through a less obvious and more discreet manner.
Lord Montague

Monty

Ducal Decree #3

Post by Monty »

WHEREAS the Duke of Elwynn has recently taken to defend his Duchy as best he can,

AND WHEREAS his attempts to procure weaponry from a friend of Babkhi origin have failed due to unexplained legal niceties,

AND WHEREAS the Duke of Elwynn, Balarak Alaion, blessed as he is by Lady Elwynn has been given foresight beyond the comprehension of others;

HEREBY DECREES:

1. An expedition, led by his trusted friend and Lieutenant Gylfi Eletheiaon, shall depart from Port Illumination to the Northern Polar Ice Cap North East from Saint Dennis and North West from the Stormark territory of Vinland.

2. At or around ths point the expedition will find the Duchy's salvation.

Signed by my hand,

Balarak Alaion
Lord Montague

Monty

Ducal Decree #4

Post by Monty »

1 Alasdair Donaldson is hereby ennobled as Prince of the Eastern Elw.

Signed by my hand,

Balalrak Alaion
Lord Montague

Endi Arusion

Petition to the Duke

Post by Endi Arusion »

Your Grace, I request permission to change the name of my March from "The Bishopric of the High Priest of Joy of Hyperborea" to "The Shining Garden of Kai Raikoth".

Monty

Re: Petition to the Duke

Post by Monty »

You may, Endi (ooc: I presume this is Scott in character? If not then you're not actually allowed to change the name...)

Would you prefer me to change it by Ducal Decree or grant you the power to do so?
Lord Montague

Monty

Ducal Decree #5

Post by Monty »

1. The Border between the Duchy and the lands controlled by the Eliria Clique is closed.

2. All Ducal forces are hereby placed on heightened alert.

3. The Council of Eliria is hereby summoned to debate a response and strategy.

4. Civilians are ordered to evacuate Echo.

5. A series of barrages are to be fired at the rebel artillery that fired upon Echo.

6. Missile batteries are to be placed on immediate readiness to fire at Clique targets.

7. Anti-air defences are to initiate Operation Iron Dome.
Lord Montague

Return to “The Palace of Dragonsfold”