Hello

Natopia's unofficial welcome center and meeting spot.

Moderators: (Natopia) Emperor, (Natopia) Chancellor

Brandon

Hello

Post by Brandon »

To those who don't know who the hell I am, the most recent description of me on Bastion, to my amusement, is,
Thadeus Lange Jr wrote:Brandon was a bit of a
hothead back in those days.
http://bastionunion.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11646

Anyway, I was a citizen for a protracted period when I was about 14. Now I'm 25.

The forum theme here, the names, the development, and the interesting naming I see here when I lurk, of people and things, are refreshing to me these days, I remember back in the day I got disillusioned by the fractious entropy micronationalism sometimes showed, Natopia did at some points, and to see how far it's come really is nice.

Anyway, I'm not saying I want to do this yet, but I could see rehashing an old joke I thought of years and years ago, the Kingdom of Death, as a demesne, if anyone would be in agreement. I could probably do as much in my spare time that I have muuuuuch less of than I did in the day.

Can someone give me a roundup of who is who, in terms of the new names and who I might remember? Even if you have to PM me.

Gwyneth Angus-Moonoak

Re: Hello

Post by Gwyneth Angus-Moonoak »

Hey! Welcome back, I'm sure Naian would be terribly happy to have you around again.

Basically, I'm Ivo (this is one of my primary characters), relatively new, I guess? At least compared to some people.

You might remember Ric (Queen Noor and dozens of dozens of dozens other characters)?

PM me if you want, I'm always keen to discussing every thing Natopian, etc. :D
Her Imperial Highness, Gwyneth Angus-Moonoak of Waffel-Paine DBH
Former Vicereine of the Natopian Nation, Princess of Natopia, Lady Triumphant in All Four Quarters, Dame of the Black Hole, Former Crown Duchess of the Marches and the Princely Isle, Countess of Pavleton

Brandon

Post by Brandon »

I'd probably need another name for Ric to remember him. At memory, I only know the in real life Queen Noor lol.

So Naian is the one who I would guess it is? I figured that may be the case, lol

Naian the Evergreen

Post by Naian the Evergreen »

Hey Brandon! Good to see you again! It's me, Nathan :P This is my main character now, I've got a few rattling around elsewhere. There's always room for more demesnes, depending on the theme I can see a death cult ruled by a king emerging from the green somewhere... there are plenty of ruins on the map lol
Naian

Nathan

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

Or he can just take Sororiya. I can't really do much with the place since I'm so invested in Universalis. Also I kind of drained a huge portion of its workforce so... have fun.
Ryker00X
Ryker of the Sovereign Confederation
Head of House Redquill

Naian the Evergreen

Sororiya is the halfway spiritual successor to Lavalon since its on the same land so that would be perfect.
Naian

Nathan

Brandon

Post by Brandon »

I bet Uncle K from down under would get a laugh out of the idea of Lavalon evolving into something named Death, lol

If this works out I would want a direct subforum though. I don't want to be buried by link after link after link from the main page, lol.

Can subforums theme themselves these days? I remember these abilities were developing in phpBB right around my era.

My life has taken an interesting turn these last few years. For one, I've been to Uganda and Kenya.

Naian the Evergreen

All active demesnes get top level forums and they can use themes independent of Natopia's. Once its active it can be removed from the Ministry of Security's custodianship and placed on the same forum level as the other demesnes. So you would just go to Sororiya's forum and start posting your story, claim a seat in the Frenzy to represent Sororiya, and then begin the narrative groundwork to set up how the place becomes Death.

That's pretty impressive, what brought you to those countries?
Naian

Nathan

Brandon

Post by Brandon »

I may edit this out eventually, but basically, I met (among other Africans) a Ugandan teacher on Facebook, she's my girlfriend now and I went to visit her. As far as Kenya goes, Nairobi is much, much cheaper to fly into.

Best experience of my life.

As far as the politics in Uganda goes ... someone remind me what the motto of Natopia is again? Lol, yeah, that. It's surreal.

Kenya is sort of just American oligarchy on steroids. It's very familiar, a lot more democratic, and a bit more modern (especially Nairobi).

Naian the Evergreen

That sounds like an amazing time! :)
Naian

Nathan

Brandon

Post by Brandon »

It definitely was an amazing time. Who knows, maybe I'll post pictures. If I do I'd still probably edit them out later, but maybe I will.

I was speaking specifically of their political situation, by the way, which impacts everyday life of the people perhaps less than politics can impact our lives, in practical terms.

Brandon

Post by Brandon »

My account has 0.02 posts per day, what a pace

Brandon

Post by Brandon »

I did want to tell (Natopia generally) that if you wanted to use the Sullifree name in some way on the map, I'm cool with it.

Nathan II

Post by Nathan II »

Thanks :) When we take over Corum we'll name it Sullifree again: :)
His Most Bovic Majesty, Nathan II,
Emperor of the Natopians

Brandon

Post by Brandon »

Lol if that's in the cards fine, if it's not I couldn't care if it was completely a different spot, sort of like Malta, just a shell of what was once a real country lol

Return to “The Wild Goat Pub”