[Zanzibar] Press Conference on the Refugee Crisis

A faithful archive and collection of dusty tomes, intermingled with various artefacts, relating the tumultuous history of Normark under its old kings.
Spraki

[Zanzibar] Press Conference on the Refugee Crisis

Post by Spraki »

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Welcome to my first press conference with be as Governor General of Zanzibar. It is a pleasure to be with you today.

I am sure you have all have heard of the tragedy of the sinking of Vinadar. It is a threat to all humanity if we do not help our fellow Nordic brethren from Stormark when they flee across the Strait of Pearls here. The Vinadar, a disused fishing ship, carried some thirty men, women and children from the Storish Heartland. We managed to save five when the Vinadar sank in bad weather

The present State of Stormark is a tyrannizing aristocraty infamous for its sexual morals (or the lack of them) as well as imposing "non-textile zones" on its citizens -- that is to say places where citizens are having to remain unclothed because of some naked veneration of the Gods.

I know that many children were onboard the Vinadar. Parents had hoped that by sending them to the real Norse civilization, the children would escape the horrid rituals and morals that the "Cult of Freyja" impose on the masses of Stormark.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

The Vinadar is what caused the public eye to see the Storish refugee situation, but the fact is that since the Nordic Union acquired Zanzibar, there have been on average four ships a week coming to harbour. Four ships a week! filled with refugees.

I ask the public for donations to help accomodate these refugees and help them overcome the traumas they carry from Harald's high realm.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I will now take your questions.
Count Rev Dr Spraki Krumsson Lla'i-Ašura of Azarea
Father of the Kaiseress, Ambassador of the Heavenly Light to the High King of Stormark

Ric from Sweden

Tarjei Einhornsson

Re: [Zanzibar] Press Conference on the Refugee Crisis

Post by Tarjei Einhornsson »

What are your plans for the housing of these refugees?

Considering Zanzibar is a military outpost, will this influx of foreign nations compromise the security of your command?

While they are refugees, they are not from Normark. Considering the arduous naturalization process, how will you deal with the bureaucratic overhead?

Do you have plans set in place to ensure that the aforementioned "Cult of Freyja" does not spread in our nation?

Will you be placing upper limits as to how many refugees you are actually willing to accept?

Spraki

Re: [Zanzibar] Press Conference on the Refugee Crisis

Post by Spraki »

Those questions are indeed important ones. Allow me to begin with the first one.
What are your plans for the housing of these refugees?
Depending on how many refugees that arrive, there will be different arrangements for housing. We wish to put them in employment, so that they will integrate better into our society. As such, they will quite literally build their own homes, schools and hospitals.
Considering Zanzibar is a military outpost, will this influx of foreign nations compromise the security of your command?
Of course not! I will not tolerate such language in here!
While they are refugees, they are not from Normark. Considering the arduous naturalization process, how will you deal with the bureaucratic overhead?
As refugees they remain citizens of the mindcult Stormark and can at any time, if they break teh bond of trust, be deported back to whence they came. There is also the possibility of exiling them to the Keltian wilderness where we know Barbarian tribes dwell; I am sure they will find suitable housing arrangements there.
Do you have plans set in place to ensure that the aforementioned "Cult of Freyja" does not spread in our nation?
I believe most refugees flee from this sexual cult, and as such there is not much to worry about it coming here. But should it come (after all, its manifestations may be traced to psychiatric conditions), we will deprogramme them from this endangering mind-death.
Will you be placing upper limits as to how many refugees you are actually willing to accept?
Once integrated by labour, they will be free to make their own homes in the Keltian wilderness if they become too many for our facilities to handle. Thew ilderness is vast.

More questions?
Count Rev Dr Spraki Krumsson Lla'i-Ašura of Azarea
Father of the Kaiseress, Ambassador of the Heavenly Light to the High King of Stormark

Ric from Sweden

Return to “Museum of Old Normark”