Open Discussion - Parliamentary Rules for Nordisketing

A faithful archive and collection of dusty tomes, intermingled with various artefacts, relating the tumultuous history of Normark under its old kings.
Tarjei Einhornsson

Open Discussion - Parliamentary Rules for Nordisketing

Post by Tarjei Einhornsson » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:51 pm

I've authored the following, but I feel it needs to be put to those interested in the politics of the Union. It is a text outlining and formalizing the procedure of Nordisketing. Comments and suggestions welcome!

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7d2qG ... WVyYnhnN3c

Rija Hirvisson

Re: Open Discussion - Parliamentary Rules for Nordisketing

Post by Rija Hirvisson » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:47 am

What's the intent behind only allowing one bill to be discussed at any given time? If, for example, I don't go online for a couple of days, I may catch up on another day by completing a bulk of legislative motions. This seems to forbid that and, IMO, would decrease the efficiency (my efficiency at least) of the legislature.

Tarjei Einhornsson

Post by Tarjei Einhornsson » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:45 pm

A lot of this was shamelessly copied from Robert's Revised Rules with some adaptations and additions. Considering that is a major issue for many people in the hobby, myself included, that will be one of the first things to go now that you mention it.

Tarjei Einhornsson

Post by Tarjei Einhornsson » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:46 am

After getting a hold of the Newly Revised Robert's Rules and taking into mind the suggestion of Herr Hirvisson and folks on IRC, the following has been produced:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7d2qG ... nFTYjZXN3M

Some things have been expanded, removed, elaborated on and added. It lists procedure, valid motions, how to relay them, how to write out the Bills and some other stuff.

Return to “Museum of Old Normark”