I'm not quite dead either

All is fair in love, war, and the off-topic forum.

Moderator: ari

Max von Rossheim

I'm not quite dead either

Post by Max von Rossheim »

Hello, all...it's been a while!

Just wanted to pop in and say that I'm mostly alive and to apologise to anyone inconvenienced by my disappearing act earlier this year. I'll keep the explanations short and sweet, but basically my stress levels red-lined back in January, to the point where some weeks later, I ended up in hospital, wired up to various heart monitors. I'd like to say that this is all behind me, but I have had a few reminders recently that suggest I need to be more mindful of my limits.

Unfortunately, all this meant I had little option but to walk away from a lot of non-essential activities...in particular those that had become a source of stress. And yes, micronationalism had sadly become a source of stress. With the benefit of hindsight, I should have cut back much more drastically a lot sooner, but it's easier to be wise after the event.

Anyway, enough rambling on from me! I hope you guys (such of you as are left) are well and having a mostly productive year.

So...until we should meet again, I wish you all the best of luck!

R.
Max I
King of Leichenberg

Sometime Emperor of Sangun

Krasniy Yastreb

Re: I'm not quite dead either

Post by Krasniy Yastreb »

ROSSYBAGS!!!

:-D

Firstly, while I was probably better informed of your stress levels than anyone else here, the fact you were hospitalised for it is... an unsettling surprise. I hope things are at least more bearable for you now, and continue to ease in the months ahead (just don't mention the trains). Naturally your absence is forgiven; I far prefer a Rossy playing dead to a Rossy being dead, which by the sound of it you were risking for a while :OO:

Secondly, as you may have noticed, we lost Shyriath too; he's still functional elsewhere, but for reasons I never quite figured out he appears to have hit a red line of his own and dropped things here. I suspect I may have had some degree of culpability in that, namely that certain stressful utterances of mine during Minarboria's inevitable deflation frightened him off. If so, may I wallow in micronational damnation until the end of my days. I miss him, as we all do.

Without the two of you, Minarboria became untenable so I was forced to subject it to a managed dismemberment; Treisenberg is safe in Orion's hands, Sangun/Riskai has gone (back) to Stormark, and the fate of the Shrub is open-ended. I like to think he's been planted in a secluded glade somewhere around Whisperwood, unseen and unknown, making friends with passing birds and rustling away in oblivious contentedness.

Thirdly, I reheated an old idea of mine and Shyriath's concerning a Minarborian national redoubt and made a successor state, because continuity is fun.

Rest easy - I don't expect/advise you to get involved here again in your current circumstances, but keep in touch!

Vilhelm Benkern

Post by Vilhelm Benkern »

All the best, Rossheim. Nice to see you around.
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon
Dirigent of Musica, Count of Mar Sara
In Aryasht Prapta Vrteti, former Prince of Aryasht; Zaila Vrteti, Norfolknath
In Elwynn Benjamin Sebasokrator Timothy Quentin Kern, Duke of Raikoth
In Khalypsil Representative of the Wisdom

Mira Octavius-Aryani

Post by Mira Octavius-Aryani »

Keep yourself healthy, first and foremost.

Count Palatine of Kezan
Khanum of Cabbagefall

Max von Rossheim

Thanks guys!

True to form, mere hours after writing that message I was struck down by the worst stomach ache I've experienced in twenty years, precipitating a week that saw the washing machine fail (flooding the room), the boiler get stuck full on and a family member end up in hospital with a recurring health issue! You have to laugh sometimes, even when it's not terribly funny... :mrgreen:

I am still alive, however, and even attempting to be positive.
Krasniy Yastreb wrote:Without the two of you, Minarboria became untenable so I was forced to subject it to a managed dismemberment; Treisenberg is safe in Orion's hands, Sangun/Riskai has gone (back) to Stormark, and the fate of the Shrub is open-ended. I like to think he's been planted in a secluded glade somewhere around Whisperwood, unseen and unknown, making friends with passing birds and rustling away in oblivious contentedness.
Yes, I have been reading up. While part of me is sad to see Minarboria go, there is something strangely liberating about being finally free of (as I'd come to see it) an ever-accumulating mass of obligations I was reluctant to slim down. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I really should have shed a lot of characters and roles- and taken a long break from the hobby- much sooner.
Krasniy Yastreb wrote:Rest easy - I don't expect/advise you to get involved here again in your current circumstances, but keep in touch!
Maybe this is evidence of a long-suppressed masochistic nature, but I wouldn't rule out a strictly-limited return, assuming of course there is scope for that. Although I enjoyed working with you guys on Minarboria, it's very clear to me now that I was utterly burnt out and also feeling deeply constrained by the large cast of characters I'd created.
Max I
King of Leichenberg

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

*waves*
Ryker00X
Ryker of the Sovereign Confederation
Head of House Redquill

Max von Rossheim

Hello, Ryker...how are you getting along?
Max I
King of Leichenberg

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

Well enough. Dropped out of college, got a job, learned to bartend. Also accidentally found myself back on the mango throne recently.
Ryker00X
Ryker of the Sovereign Confederation
Head of House Redquill

Max von Rossheim

How is the ol' Mango Throne?

I'm still assessing options for a limited return (in some form), although I suspect it would be a mistake to attempt to revive my dormant Shirerithian citizenship.
Max I
King of Leichenberg

Mira Octavius-Aryani

Nathan and Nostalgia attempted to revitalize Lichbrook but instead Nostalgia ragequit for unclear reasons.

An overarching plot thread involving the resurrection of a lichgraviate might be interesting. Not a heavy commitment but something long-term and slow-building?

Count Palatine of Kezan
Khanum of Cabbagefall

Max von Rossheim

Eh, to be honest I'm glad Lichbrook isn't still around. I really loved the place back in the day, but it's obvious now that I was clinging on way past the point where I was actually finding it enjoyable...and that's not healthy.
Mira Octavius-Aryani wrote:An overarching plot thread involving the resurrection of a lichgraviate might be interesting. Not a heavy commitment but something long-term and slow-building?
I've been considering something along those lines, although I don't want to end up wearily rehashing the same old stuff like some washed-up artist making an ill-judged comeback... :mrgreen:
Max I
King of Leichenberg

Heath Belledin

Post by Heath Belledin »

Max von Rossheim wrote:True to form, mere hours after writing that message I was struck down by the worst stomach ache I've experienced in twenty years, precipitating a week that saw the washing machine fail (flooding the room), the boiler get stuck full on and a family member end up in hospital with a recurring health issue!
:< *offers hugs*
Max von Rossheim wrote:I've been considering something along those lines, although I don't want to end up wearily rehashing the same old stuff like some washed-up artist making an ill-judged comeback...
Clearly you should give angels a look instead. *shot*
Dr. Heath J. Belledin
Played by Hālian

Mira Octavius-Aryani

Max von Rossheim wrote:I've been considering something along those lines, although I don't want to end up wearily rehashing the same old stuff like some washed-up artist making an ill-judged comeback... :mrgreen:
What rises again need not rise the same way :twisted:

Especially with literal demon lords wandering about

Count Palatine of Kezan
Khanum of Cabbagefall

Vilhelm Benkern

Post by Vilhelm Benkern »

Max von Rossheim wrote:Eh, to be honest I'm glad Lichbrook isn't still around. I really loved the place back in the day, but it's obvious now that I was clinging on way past the point where I was actually finding it enjoyable...and that's not healthy.
Particularly apt given the necrotic nature of Lichbrook's government!

Seeing you return to Shireroth would be a very welcome development.
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon
Dirigent of Musica, Count of Mar Sara
In Aryasht Prapta Vrteti, former Prince of Aryasht; Zaila Vrteti, Norfolknath
In Elwynn Benjamin Sebasokrator Timothy Quentin Kern, Duke of Raikoth
In Khalypsil Representative of the Wisdom

Return to “Heavenly Emperor Hug-and-Slug Emporium”