BILL OF RIGHTS OF THE GRALAN EMPIRE

The Constitution, and any interpretations thereof

Moderator: (Gralus) Chief Justice

Gerk

BILL OF RIGHTS OF THE GRALAN EMPIRE

Post by Gerk »

Gralan Bill of Rights

1) No government in the Gralan Empire shall make a law regarding the establishment of religion or denying the practice thereof, or restricting the practice of free speech, peaceable assembly, or petition to the government regarding any grievance.

2) All citizens of Gralus have the right to bear arms for the reason that a well-regulated militia is vital to the security of the state.

3) No government, or otherwise employed soldier shall be quartered in any private residence during a time of peace without the consent of the primary resident.

4) All Gralan citizens have the right to be secure in their persons, residences, papers, and other effects and possessions against unreasonable searches and seizures. No warrant for the searching and seizing of personal property shall be issued without probable cause, and without specific descriptions of what place is to be searched and what items are to be seized.

5) No person shall be subject to criminal proceedings more than one time for any one offense, nor shall any person be compelled to be witness against himself in any criminal proceedings. No person shall be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law, nor shall any private property be taken for public use without just compensation.

6) In criminal proceedings, the accused shall have the right to a speedy trial, to be informed of the nature of the accusation, to be confronted with the witnesses against him, to have the opportunity to obtain witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of a counsel for his defense.

7) Excessive fines shall not be imposed, nor shall cruel and unusual punishment be inflicted on any convicted person.

8) The rights listed in this document, or in the Constitution or any amendments thereof, shall not be construed to deny or belittle any other rights retained by the people. Any person has the right to personally and consciously surrender any number of rights listed in this document or in the Constitution or any amendments thereof.
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
~Sherlock Holmes

The character of Gerk ronAnaglea is dead.
My avatar contains (from left to right) the characters of Analis and Rafel.
Click here for my roleplaying Element List.

Return to “Constitution”