Secret forums

Moderators: (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser

Kaiser Hasan II

Secret forums

Post by Kaiser Hasan II »

So this forum now has about two thirds of the population of Shireroth. It's still more useful than SEP because it excludes the absolutely known problem cases, but if I'm working off of Hesam's idea (see "A Frank Conversation With The Emir of Sajin" in this forum) there should be a more select group. Conglacio also seems to have recommended that with his ominously-named "Light Bearers" order.

Right now secretforumwise I'm thinking either:

Level 1: Public forums
Level 2: SEP (citizens only)
Level 3: Sun Chamber (trusted citizens only)

The question is whether or not there should be a Level 4. But I'm not sure who I'd exclude from Level 4 or whether there would be any cases I'd prefer to discuss there than here. I guess we could have a forum without the dual cits, but I don't imagine ever using it. On the other hand, this still seems like a pretty big group.

What does everyone else think?

Vilhelm Benkern

Re: Secret forums

Post by Vilhelm Benkern »

All looks good. If you want your level 4, well, it has steered Babkha well for many years. But bear in mind, their Level 4 equivalent is what led to me getting bored and leaving while I was Shah.

Another thing is, you have to choose them carefully. I think the Babkhan model is basically OBC which works for them; would that be good for Shireroth?
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon
Dirigent of Musica, Count of Mar Sara
In Aryasht Prapta Vrteti, former Prince of Aryasht; Zaila Vrteti, Norfolknath
In Elwynn Benjamin Sebasokrator Timothy Quentin Kern, Duke of Raikoth
In Khalypsil Representative of the Wisdom

Kaiser Hasan II

Post by Kaiser Hasan II »

All looks good. If you want your level 4, well, it has steered Babkha well for many years. But bear in mind, their Level 4 equivalent is what led to me getting bored and leaving while I was Shah.
Can you expand on this?
Another thing is, you have to choose them carefully. I think the Babkhan model is basically OBC which works for them; would that be good for Shireroth?
Well, I've kind of gotten sick of how much yelling and drama there's been over the past few years here, and I feel like maybe the reason that never happened before was that the OBC had enough power to keep everyone else quiet. I'd kind of like to have that again, to prevent more outbreaks of discontent.

Vilhelm Benkern

Post by Vilhelm Benkern »

Kaiser Hasan II wrote:Can you expand on this?
It's just not that fun to be King when the court just moves away as you get near. That's what the Babkhan model really represents- just unrelenting conservatism, unwilling to accept anything that didn't come from the centre of power, which as I say certainly isn't Shah. Which is why Babkha has spent years trying to get one fish in the boat- Troy, a funny lad, but with filled to the brim with original ideas. Hesam has worked hard to get him in, only to alienate him later by not appreciating his work. I never really did much, and my appointment was a surprise, but later a disillusionment. Hence, Antica: there are no cobwebs, so it's possible to get involved and feel like you're at the heart of things. Being Shah, was like going to the Pentagon, and when you got there, all the drug experiments and aliens had been moved to Alaska while were in the car.

There has been a lot of stupid drama here in Shireroth years, but bear in mind, for many many years Babkha was more of a desert than the Zsharra. It's grown in recent years, in cultural terms, but that isn't because of the infallible wisdom of the elders, IMO.
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon
Dirigent of Musica, Count of Mar Sara
In Aryasht Prapta Vrteti, former Prince of Aryasht; Zaila Vrteti, Norfolknath
In Elwynn Benjamin Sebasokrator Timothy Quentin Kern, Duke of Raikoth
In Khalypsil Representative of the Wisdom

Mira Raynora Major
Bathtub Philosopher

Post by Mira Raynora Major »

Kaiser Hasan II wrote:I guess we could have a forum without the dual cits, but I don't imagine ever using it.
If you go with this and word gets out (which it will) then you will probably get a lot of grief over it! I'll be honest; I neither mind nor expect to be part of the secret circle but I might mind if that was the reason for it...because no-one enjoys being made to feel like a second-class citizen.

As regards Hesam's idea...well I can see exactly where he's coming from and the potential benefits of such a system, but let's just say that there's a reason I joined Shireroth and not Babkha. ;)
Mira Raynora the Elder
Queen of Lichbrook, Duchess of Brookshire
Lichgravine of Overdolor, Countess of Caverden and Woodshire
Cedrist Demi-Goddess of Undead and Regional Autonomy

Jacobus Loki
The plaything of capricious Archons...

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Babkhanizng Shireroth is Not a Good Idea.

A tighter circle could be PM's with CC's on a case by case basis.

Speaking of Babkha, ahem, since Your currently incarnated Niftyness seems to be a relative of Hesam, why not take some Shirithianized title to indicate lordship over Babkha?

"Lord of Eura" in some obscure tongue?

ConglacioII

Post by ConglacioII »

Vilhelm Benkern wrote: That's what the Babkhan model really represents- just unrelenting conservatism, unwilling to accept anything that didn't come from the centre of power
That's a big difference in the Light Bearers idea. That they are meant to feedback to the Kaiser from what the people are thingking.

Return to “Sun Chamber”