Server Back UP

The virtual world of Meekras - Constantly under construction, and currently centred on the city state of Kamalshahr, but feel free to start your own project.
Contact Octavius to be white-listed (requires Minecraft).
Hesam Jayatar

Server Back UP

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

Edit: The server is back up. Still waiting on our tier 7 upgrade.

Hi

So I don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting the javanet.socketexception: Connection reset error. I'm putting in another ticket to have them take a look, however it might be a while.

On a side note, we still haven't had our server buffed to the new RAM level so I'm hoping all of this can happen at once.

Simon B.E.

Re: Server Down

Post by Simon B.E. »

I have the same issue.

Gerk

Post by Gerk »

Yeah, just tried to get on now. So much for procrastinating.
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
~Sherlock Holmes

The character of Gerk ronAnaglea is dead.
My avatar contains (from left to right) the characters of Analis and Rafel.
Click here for my roleplaying Element List.

Remus

Post by Remus »

Tried it with two older versions (this did work sometime before) but to no avail.

Remus van Veen, Hertog van Irrel, Baron van Zegweart.
Bevelhebber van de Noordelijke Bataafse Strijdkrachten

Remus

Re: Server Back UP

Post by Remus »

Nice that it is back!

However, am I the only one for who the tekkit blocks don't work?

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

Same issue for me. My game crashes when I try to put an MFSU in an inventory slot.
Malliki Tosha
Acting Xonuti of the Free State of Sanilla
Poluti Poki'i of Sanilla

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

standby and stay off the server until further notice.

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

The server is back up and the tekkit blocks are restored. This was a pretty frustrating process so unless its absolutely vital please give me a bit of time before requesting things.

If there is still anything tekkit-related missing from your build, you'll have to wait for Kadmii who's the most experienced with map surgery.

Note: all the server settings are reset again, so our warps are gone. If you have the ability, please try to set up new warps. Our map is so big that its extremely difficult to get around without them.

We no longer have a "RAM CRISIS" and are now sitting with 3600RAM comfortably.

All problems should now have been solved.

Gerk

Post by Gerk »

Kewl. Now I can go back to having unproductive weekends.

Wait...

Damn.
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
~Sherlock Holmes

The character of Gerk ronAnaglea is dead.
My avatar contains (from left to right) the characters of Analis and Rafel.
Click here for my roleplaying Element List.

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

Hesam, thanks for fixing things all the time and funding my hobby.
Malliki Tosha
Poluti Poki'i of Sanilla

OlaHughson

Post by OlaHughson »

From here, I would like to thank tekkit/separate mod developers, for the fact that they released buggy software, which not only worked worse than windows vista on 486 possibly could, but also orced us to make a reverse to an older backup.

That reverse means, that:

1. The Natopian-Tuolelenkkian Friendship Bridge is unfinished;
2. There is no such thing as Information Superhighway (road from Tuolelenkka to borders of Sanilla - http://bastionunion.org/forum/viewtopic ... 555&t=6530
3. Fittings to someplace that I did are lost, too, but no big deal;
4. The same with paths i started making on an island, to make an academic town there;
5.Krissie's house and the pixel art she started is gone too.
6. Mcnus's teleporters aair, are gone, too.

So.
THANK YOU TEKKIT OR INCLUDED MOD DEVELOPERS FOR BASICALLY SAYING THAT MY AND MY FRIENDS' PRIVATE TIME IS SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T DESERVE PROTECTION.

Simon B.E.

Post by Simon B.E. »

Ola, can I name you in my list of the world's most ungrateful people ever? Tekkit is a non-profit mod, I'm sure they would be able to make it stable and professional when you start paying them salaries to work on it full time. I wouldn't say this if this was the first time I saw you bitching when people did something that benefited you but you felt they didn't do enough, you have been bitching to the server people too.

OlaHughson

Post by OlaHughson »

For me, every usage of a computer is critical.
Application that can be easily broken should be used maybe on its creator's machine, but not released or other people as something *working*.
I I did not forked SweetieBot, but wrote it rom scratch, i would make sure that it works good, not just "starts up", before I released any version. Even now, if I do a minor change that I feel is not worth really releasing yet, i doesn't push it to a repository. Why, you might say. Because I care. ecause every person who does anything should care: i want always to do whatever I do, however best I can. If I do something in a wrong way, then yeah, i shouldn't done it, but I am not like "oh, it's good and stable, you should really do it this way!".

If they cannot make a good code for ree, even for themselves, i am worried they won't do anything usable for money ._. Through i doesn't know any of these people, so I have no idea how much skills they do have.

And speaking of the fact that i am 'bitching'; i create evatever wherever I make / unless i give it to someone else / as my property. The online gameing is a specific thing; i trust the administrators and moderators of the server, that when i get out of game and return it next time, nothing will be lost. It's like I I borrowed my LCD display to a friend, and then heard that he sold it because he needed money to buy something for his sister. Sure, buying gifts for family is a great idea, just not by selling my property.

And if You want to blame someone on my behavior, start with people who did took my posessions without prior asking in school.

Emir of Raspur

Post by Emir of Raspur »

Ola,

This is something you are benefiting from for free. The amount of support you are being given, in return for a service you have not paid for, will only ever be that much which other people are prepared, willing and able to volunteer. Moreover since the people involved in this, at every level, are doing what they do voluntarily you have no right to demand standards of excellence you have not contributed towards.

Are we clear on this?

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

Thank you very much Hesam.

I do sort of agree with Ola regarding the various benefits of Tekkit and losing all our work pretty regularly every week, versus normal Minecraft and not dong so. Later when Hesam is less exhausted I may try to bring this up. For now I'm just grateful everyone has worked so hard to get us back up to mostly-functional.

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

Ola, shut up.

Scott, we should have a stable installation on the server now. Hesam even upgraded the memory so we won't have to reboot every couple of hours.
Malliki Tosha
Poluti Poki'i of Sanilla

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

Getting anything done with Servercraft is pretty much hell. They respond at about 1am so that I can't even get a response the same day. Since they only respond on thursdays and mondays its sort of difficult to get anything done. Aside from the fact that their 'tech support' seems to have the same level of knowledge as I do (not enough), Zand, Malliki, myself and others mostly have to go research something for a few days and postulate on a solution.

But lets run down the real facts:

- Mojang barely charges for this game. 20 Euro is pretty damn cheap for one of the most popular games around, also it's INDIE. There's going to be problems.
- Mods are also constructed FREE OF CHARGE by developers who enjoy making mods because we enjoy using them. There's also going to be problems but lets try to remember that we're benefiting from someone else's hardwork.
- Every Admin that Meekras has had, has donated their time free of charge. Any money that has ever been donated has gone back to paying for the server without exception. All three of us have careers, and/or education to attend to, not to mention our personal lives outside of this hobby. Kadmii, Zand and myself would probably rather actually play minecraft than continuously attempt to stitch and load a backup because someone lost an hour's build and is freaking out about it. It sucks. I've enjoyed being on this server since November when Kadmii and I founded it, and there have been numerous instances where I've lost a build. If you look at the minecraft forums, they are full of sad stories of people losing their masterpieces. Deal with it, it happens and it will most likely happen again. Not just on our server, on most servers. Watch any long-series youtube LP and you're going to notice that once in a while, something happens and a build is lost. If that is simply to much to handle, then perhaps minecraft isn't the game for you, or maybe you should try finding a free vanilla server.

And always remember, you get what you pay for.

Remus

Post by Remus »

Thumps up for fixing!

Return to “Meekras”