Toketi Nether Station

The virtual world of Meekras - Constantly under construction, and currently centred on the city state of Kamalshahr, but feel free to start your own project.
Contact Octavius to be white-listed (requires Minecraft).
Gerk

Toketi Nether Station

Post by Gerk »

Someone built a portal in the nether that is interfering with my station. Was this deliberate, as some kind of optimization? If so, why is the portal in the station still running, and nobody told me? Additionally, there's some kind of power station near my nether rail line that as far as I can tell (because I'm not familiar with Tekkit) is spawning dirt blocks all over my rail line which is just really not cool.

On a separate note, I was attempting to navigate the nether rail network to get to Kamalshar and got easily lost. Can we perhaps work on optimization, or are we forgoing these in favor of just warping from place to place since everyone apparently has permissions now? On that same line, is there a list of warp points in some topic that can be stickied, and can I get someone out to my sites to add warp points to them?
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
~Sherlock Holmes

The character of Gerk ronAnaglea is dead.
My avatar contains (from left to right) the characters of Analis and Rafel.
Click here for my roleplaying Element List.

Zand Gozar

Re: Toketi Nether Station

Post by Zand Gozar »

Not sure about the portal and dirt block business, but I can tell you that using warp would be a hell of a lot better than running train lines through the Nether. Being able to use warp pretty much makes Nether-based travel obsolete. Not only that, but keeping up with the Nether uses a LOT of memory. Today, The End dimension was officially removed from the server, cutting our memory consumption by a whopping 200 Megabytes at idle. Tekkit seems to have a very difficult time with extra dimensions and the less we use them the better off we are. So, I would be very appreciative if you could perhaps phase out your Nether rail lines in favor of simply using Warp. The less we use of these extra dimensions the better off we are in the long run, as we were pegging out our memory. Thanks.
His Imperial Majesty Shahanshah Gozâr, The Irradiated Sun

Gerk

Post by Gerk »

Yeah, that's what I figured, now that everyone has warp permissions, but we're going to need that list of warp points for everyone's ease.
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
~Sherlock Holmes

The character of Gerk ronAnaglea is dead.
My avatar contains (from left to right) the characters of Analis and Rafel.
Click here for my roleplaying Element List.

Tarjei Einhornsson

Post by Tarjei Einhornsson »

Just type /warp without anything after it.

Return to “Meekras”