Hesam, kindly respond

The virtual world of Meekras - Constantly under construction, and currently centred on the city state of Kamalshahr, but feel free to start your own project.
Contact Octavius to be white-listed (requires Minecraft).
Malliki

Hesam, kindly respond

Post by Malliki »

Hesam, instead of undoing a couple of days worth of work for me (and I assume the rest of the server), why not ask me for help with the flooding instead?
Malliki Tosha
Acting Xonuti of the Free State of Sanilla
Poluti Poki'i of Sanilla

Harvey
Ghost of Christmas Past

Re: Hesam, kindly respond

Post by Harvey »

... it's true. 6-8 hours of work gone. Everything since I came back. Including the work YOU AND I DID TO CLEAN UP EVERYONE'S POPULATED AREAS. Which was like 90% gruntwork that they could have easily done themselves!

Fuck this. Goddamn.

Octavius

Post by Octavius »

I have no idea what's going on. There was not an intentional reset of anything. The server froze in the early afternoon, and I restarted it. It should have gone back to the state it had immediately before the crash.

Octavius

Post by Octavius »

The backups for this weekend do not seem to reflect changes made to the map (fixing the flood, Batavian hotel, Sanillan great hall roof and staircase, expansion in Aquata(?), etc). I've submitted a ticket at Servercraft's tech support, asking about it.

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

Since Malliki didn't bother to correct his accusation, I'd like to point out that nether Octavy or myself are responsible for the map reverting. We're trying to figure out what's going on, so everyone just chill out and remember that we're not employees. We have as much of a vested interest in this as all of you.

Octavius

Post by Octavius »

Update from Tech Support:
This issue is being caused due to an outdated tekkit and changes made to the tekkit mod files. I can update tekkit to 3.1.2 if you would like to fix this issue.
I've asked them to make the update, and asked whether the data can be recovered. I doubt it, but it'd be nice if we can. Thankfully, this didn't happen after a month and we lost an entire month of work.

Updates as they come.

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

Hesam, I'm busy with shit too you know. Sorry I accused you for doing this though, I was kinda upset. Hopefully, Octavy will find a way to fix it. Otherwise, we'll just have to do it again.
Malliki Tosha
Poluti Poki'i of Sanilla

Octavius

Post by Octavius »

Update:
Unfortunately I believe due to the errors with tekkit, the data may be lost. However we've updated it 3.1.2 so some of it may be recoverable.
Taking a look now.

EDIT:
Nope. The newest material is lost.

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

I volunteer for the fixing things squad.
Malliki Tosha
Poluti Poki'i of Sanilla

Octavius

Post by Octavius »

Simply using //replace water air seems to leave behind some remnants, which then start spreading out again. //replace 8,9 air is more effective. There are two different kinds of water blocks within the game, with 8 and 9 as their data value. The second command removes both at once.

Return to “Meekras”