Main Battle Tank Replacement Initiative

The Councillor for Peace & Kinetics is the Master of the Hall of Tranquility. They coordinate and advise the Prince on matters of defense, security, and ensuring national prosperity.

Moderator: (Elwynn) Prince of Elwynn

Tarjei Einhornsson

Main Battle Tank Replacement Initiative

Post by Tarjei Einhornsson »

Given that self-sufficiency is a hallmark of a successful, powerful and independent military, The MBT Replacement Initiative will serve as a means to develop self-sufficiency now and ensure it in the future. This can begin with an initiative to utilize an Elwynnese-made Main Battle Tank. Though our current Babkhan-made model has served us and has proven itself to be both a formidable and reliable design, the fact remains that it is still of foreign origin (with all due respect to one of our closest allies).

I strongly believe that it is fool-hard to otherwise import a cornerstone unit of equipment, given that at any moment during a period of conflict or even war, this supply may be cut of. Be it whole units, parts or anything associated with the unit, relying on a foreign source invites the exploitation of any future adversaries. Therefor, the best possible solution is to utilize a unit which requires no such infrastructure - our own equipment.

OmniTree Global, the company which absorbed the renowned Dverghallen Heavy Industries (now internally re-branded as DARPA - Dverghallen Advanced Research Projects Amalgamated), has recently designed and tested the PsKpv I model of Main Battle Tank. Given the history of their designed, I believe, with the blessings of the Commander-in-Chief of the UDF, it is feasible that the UDF can fully adopt the PsKpv I as it's Main Battle Tank. With factories in Elwynn Proper and each of the territories (or at least those where it is deemed appropriate to manufacture them there as part of our needs) manufacturing the MBT, we will be able to rely on ourselves for such a key piece of equipment.

This being said, I would like to convene with both His Serene Highness The Prince and His Excellency The Khan in regards to a replacement and integration schedule to be put into effect as soon as possible.

Elijah Ayreon

Re: Main Battle Tank Replacement Initiative

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

Councillor and Grand Marshal
Chancellor and Commander in Chief

Thank you both for your wonderful work, especially to you Mr Einhornsson for your expertise and work in this matter. I am in full agreement that if we construct our own defences we will know everything about their design and can more easily then upgrade them, find faults and more importantly fix them.

You have my full blessing in continuing this line.
Elijah Ayreon-Dariolin of Waffle-Paine (no longer with us)

Ric.

Tarjei Einhornsson

Your Serene Highness,

I am humbled by your response and hope that I may continue to be of service to Elwynn. That being said, this initiative will become a part of a larger plan during my tenure as CPK to create a system of military infrastructural redundancies with an emphasis on self-sufficiency wherever possible (especially any key equipment and supplies which form a bulk of any categories). In the event of any hostilities, by relying on a single source for any key equipment or supplies we risk watching those supply lines transform into daggers aimed directly at our heart. Through internal diversification and redundancies in our supply and equipment infrastructure, we're taking the initial steps to creating a far stronger Elwynn. If something is considered key and indispensable to our defense, it should be manufactured domestically and throughout the Territories and Counties. Naturally, you can see this methodology within the MBT Replacement Initiative.

Emir of Raspur

Post by Emir of Raspur »

Will there be any great objection to redirecting the surplus Type 1 Zolfaqaar MBTs towards reserve units undertaking counter-insurgency work in Amokolia? I'd flesh the proposal out as and when time and inclination permitted.

Tarjei Einhornsson

With Phase III upon us (I need only write it out sometime today), active replacement in our primary forces will be underway. This means that surplus will be readily available when your schedule permits.

Elijah Ayreon

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

No objections.

How about factories in Iserdia and outside Islus? Not only will that put employment and investment opportunities to underdeveloped regions of the country, but put factories where we need them.

One factory in Normark and one in East Amokolia. I don't trust putting factories in the western parts of the Republic due to the insurgency there.
Elijah Ayreon-Dariolin of Waffle-Paine (no longer with us)

Ric.

Return to “Hall of Tranquility”