[CPK] Investigation into Ardescit Broadcasting Company

The Councillor for Peace & Kinetics is the Master of the Hall of Tranquility. They coordinate and advise the Prince on matters of defense, security, and ensuring national prosperity.

Moderator: (Elwynn) Prince of Elwynn

Emir of Raspur

[CPK] Investigation into Ardescit Broadcasting Company

Post by Emir of Raspur »

Councillor for Peace and Kinetics
Given this day the 30th Mulantog, 10DA at at the Hall of Tranquillity, Eliria, Elwynn

Investigation into the Origin and Finances of the Ardescit Broadcasting Company

In accordance with Article 45 of the Charter of the Elwynnese Union and the Delegation of Authority in the Council of Eliria [Allot 1] dated 1 Mulantog 10DA. We consider ourselves empowered and beholden to act in the Prince's name whenever it is in the interests of the Union and for the Common Weal and tranquillity of all.

Therefore we do in our capacity as Councillor for Peace and Kinetics and Master of the Hall of Tranquillity hereby order, in the name of His Serenity, Prince Aaden Allot, that Hans Afaryiam, Master of Cudgels from the Eliria Division of the Corps of Gentlemen-at-Cudgels and Överstelöjtnant Attur Malik Rahman of the Twelfth Directorate (Union Intelligence Corps) shall undertake a thorough and faithful investigation into the finances, corporate governance and accountability structures of the Ardescit Broadcasting Company and also the roles played in those by the Mission St. Arjen. We charge Malachi Ra-Alban to render every assistance with regards to agents of the state in the pursuit of their enquiries.

The Hall of Tranquillity has reason to suspect the collusion of foreign powers, presently engaged in a Thousand Year Hate against the Elwynnese Union, in the setting up and establishment of an evangelical-media nexus in the realm that is harmful to the liberal society we are pledged to defend in this land. A respectful investigation into the matter shall be undertaken and any evidence of anti-state subversion will be referred to the Elwynnese Court of Justice for consideration.

As it is ordered so it shall be done.

Signed
SENATOR OSMANI
Councillor for Peace & Kinetics
Master of the Hall of Harmony

Malachi Ra-Alban

Re: [CPK] Investigation into Ardescit Broadcasting Company

Post by Malachi Ra-Alban »

Minister:

The Charter states that "the individual enjoys freedom to obtain right and justice freely in conformity with law."

You have not cited a law that you believe Ardescit Broadcasting has broken. I do not deny that the gods have blessed me by inspiring many people to invest in my business, some of them foreigners, but Elwynn has no laws against foreign investment. You cite the Thousand Years Hate, but as far as I know this policy is one way: the Raikolin have sworn enmity upon Elwynn, but Elwynn has not dignified them with a response and recognizes them only as an integral part of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth, with which Elwynn has a treaty of friendship.

You cite "the setting up and establishment of an evangelical-media nexus in the realm that is harmful to the liberal society we are pledged to defend in this land", yet the Charter promises me "the freedom and right to engage in scientific research, educational activities, all according to law and constitution, and the peaceful practice of religion."

The Charter further bans discrimination "because of their views, whether political, irreligious or religious, because of their sex, nationality, colour, creed, ethnicity, cultural or social heritage or status" and so on. I cannot help but feel like I am being persecuted solely because of my Shirerithian and Raikothin heritage and my Treesian faith. As such, I believe this request to be illegal.

I will comply with your request if and only if I am ordered to do so by a legitimate court of the Union.

Is mise le meas,
Malachi Ra-Alban

Return to “Hall of Tranquility”