Further changes to the subdivisions

Moderators: (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser, (Shireroth) Duke of Brookshire

Mira Raynora Major
Bathtub Philosopher

Further changes to the subdivisions

Post by Mira Raynora Major »

Ever since I arrived in Brookshire, something has niggled me. That "something" is Crestfall Downs.

Of all the counties of Brookshire, CD is by far the least inspiring. In fact, so far as I have been able to make out, the sum total of its development to date can be summarised as:
  • a name inspired by WoW;
  • a nice enough flag, but which doesn't seem to have any deeper cultural significance;
  • a completely blank wiki entry;
  • an old forum with 11 posts, none of which have any particular cultural, political or historical significance.
And that's it. Not exactly an impressive record for a county that has been around since at least 2005.

Then a recent discussion concerning Sanillan minority populations in Brookshire reminded me of this map:

I'm not sure how up-to-date the information is, but it did give me an idea: why not partition CD on ethnolinguistic lines? Attach the Laqi-majority areas to Modan-Lach, thereby consolidating its position as the Laqi homeland, and combine the remainder with Overdolor, to form Overbrook (i.e. Overdolor and Lowbrook)- a spiritual successor to the "Lichnina". Before the establishment of the Kingdom, I did have plans to develop the area around Lowbrook as a garrison within the "Lichnina"; furthermore, if the non-Laqi majority inhabited area of north-eastern Modan-Lach was removed and added to Overbrook, it would allow enough space to establish a Lichnik-controlled outlet to the sea, which I have tentatively named Lichport.

So what would Brookshire look like after these changes? This map should give some idea:

Note that I have retained the regional capital symbols for Citadel, Woodshire Village and Crestfallen, on the grounds that they are the administrative centres of the three "ridings" of Overbrook (successors to the two "halves" of Overdolor). An added incentive (for me, at least) is that the new arrangements will strengthen the royal regime vis-a-vis potential future rebellions by insulating Lower Dolor (that traditional bastion of unrest) from K'Tzuni with a corridor of loyal territory.
Mira Raynora the Elder
Queen of Lichbrook, Duchess of Brookshire
Lichgravine of Overdolor, Countess of Caverden and Woodshire
Cedrist Demi-Goddess of Undead and Regional Autonomy

Return to “Duchy of Brookshire”